Royal Awakening - the Sautekh rise to the challenge

Kenzaburo

Hello fellow Phaerons,

I recently started painting Necrons, after I subscribed to Warhammer Imperium. At first I wasn't interested in them, but due to me becoming a father I thought the Necrons might be the ideal painting project for the early parenthood. You can just accomplish so much with little work - at least compared with astartes.

While the thread is mostly intended for the Royal Awakening, I thought I might start off with the first models I already painted before the start. It's just a few warriors and scarabs.

I've taken a pic of the first warriors for my instagram a couple of weeks ago and I'm also working on a plasmycyte and a cryptek currently.

Necron-group.png

Necron-1.png

Necron-1-back.png

Necron-2.png

Necron-2-back.png

Necron-3.png

Necron-3-back.png

Plasmacyte-WIP.png

I've also started building the first Flayed One for the challenge. Wow, that was a pain to put together - the positioning of the legs was driving me crazy. But one down, 4 more to go. :smile.:

EDIT: Forgot to mention: I'm basically going with a Sautekh paint scheme, because I like the classic silver and green look. I decided to add sort of a marble black plating to them to make them look a tad more menacing. And to contrast all the cool colors on the minis themselves I chose warm desert bases, littered with the same black marble/basalt/whatever I use for armor plates and such.
Edited by Kenzaburo

Thank you, JaM. I generally do like painting, but Necrons are fun and quite quick to do. I dind't originally intend to paint the Imperium Necrons, but I thought the sculpts looked great and then thought what the heck, let's do a few for fun. So now it seems like I'm at least painting what I get with the subscription which is a complete army, if I'm not mistaken. :) 

Thanks, Mithril! :) I'm curious to see how to best paint the Flayed Ones. Building them has been ... interesting. Those poses will make them tricky to paint, but on the other hand there doesn't seem to be that much to them. No guns means less edge highlighting and less OSL effects. Instead I get to do flayed skin, something I've never painted before. So in the end it comes down to weirdly posed warriors with skinflaps. :D

Thanks, Mithril! :smile.: I'm curious to see how to best paint the Flayed Ones. Building them has been ... interesting. Those poses will make them tricky to paint, but on the other hand there doesn't seem to be that much to them. No guns means less edge highlighting and less OSL effects. Instead I get to do flayed skin, something I've never painted before. So in the end it comes down to weirdly posed warriors with skinflaps. :biggrin.:

Are you thinking of making them look Horror themed with blood for the blood god dripping off of them or staying low key and just making the flayed flesh pop a bit more brightly?...

I'm actually putting mine together tonight, I have finished one already and I agree with you on the heads :sweat:  they will be stuck on earlier with mine... the one I did put together was quite tricky to do :blush.: . they are quite eerie looking compared to the old metal ones...  

Mithril