The Prosperine Glass Pyramids: XVth Legion Tactica

Slips

So been thinking. Hear me out. Siege breaker, with telekinesis combined with a numerologist to hand out +1 BS to a back line.

This would allow for a Predator Squadron, Kratos, or Sicaran squad to accompany a scorpius Squadron. The Siege Breaker taking Telekinesis to create a permanent 4++ while handing out Sunder and the Numerologist giving both units +1 ballistic skill. How do we feel about that? I think it just might be ace and shores up one of  the biggest weakness vehichles have.

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

TKSons have some incredibly strong synergies for deepstriking assault lists. If I was building around this army I'd run court of the crimson king, take ahriman for the deployment shenanigans, take a numerologist for reserves/+BS, and then buff a small fire support detachment protected by tk dome. Putting him in a land raider or rhino is one way to go. A more practical option is to just put him behind a vehicle so nobody can draw LOS to him.

Your fire support will depend on your preferences, but its probably going to be geared toward dealing with things that can intercept your deepstrike assault when it hammersfalls on turn 2. Tyrants or heavy weapon squads with aug scanners are the things you want dead, blind, or pinned when your guys come down. Heavy conversion beamer predators, plasma predators, whirlwind scorpii, plasma deredeos, box dreads with plasma, rapiers, snipers, etc. You got a number of choices of units that can trade shots with heavy weapon squads or tyrants and have some hope for surviving thanks to range or durability with that 4++. Probably the most resilient builds are ones that let you stack a cover save, as you'll be getting a 4++ followed by a damage mitigation roll.

I've had the same thoughts on this, with a siege breaker it opens up the play book on your tank's weapon loadouts, as Sunder is going to give you those important re-rolls for alternate strength weapons. So if you want an anti-infantry volkite squad, you'll still have a chance to take down AV 11 or 12 with re-rolls.

Having a conversion beamer dread alongside some tanks isn't a bad idea, and grav weapons with Sunder increases the chance stripping away HPs.

Currently I'm waiting on next month to pick up the remainder of the army, for now I'll be playing them as a Pride of the Legion, since I was able to pick up an un-opened box of BoP.

This isn't an ideal list, but it's what I can currently build with everything I have available.

++ Crusade Force Organisation Chart (LA -  XV: Thousand Sons) [2,999Pts] ++

+ Expanded Army Lists +

Expanded Army List Profiles:: Exemplary Units On, Legacy Units On

+ Allegiance: +

XV: Thousand Sons

Allegiance: Traitor

+ Rite of War: +

Rite of War: Pride Of The Legion

+ HQ: +

Ahzek Ahriman [185Pts]: Warlord

Centurion [150Pts]
. Siege Breaker: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Cult Arcana Discipline, Psychic Discipline: Telekinesis, Thunder Hammer
. Siege Breaker

+ Elites: +

Apothecarion Detachment [110Pts]: Athanaen
. Apothecary: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol
. . Chainsword: Chainsword
. Apothecary: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol
. . Chainsword: Chainsword

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon [385Pts]
. Contemptor Dreadnought: Combi-Bolter, Conversion Beam Cannon, Gravis Power Fist  with in-built ranged weapon
. Contemptor Dreadnought: Combi-Bolter, Gravis Power Fist  with in-built ranged weapon, Volkite Dual-Culverin

Contemptor-Osiron Dreadnought Talon [265Pts]
. Contemptor-Osiron Magus Dreadnought: Combi-Bolter, Gravis Bolt Cannon, Minor Arcana, Pavoni
. Contemptor-Osiron Magus Upgrade: Psychic Discipline: Biomancy

Numerologist Cabal [145Pts]: 5x Bolt Pistol, 4x Life Wards, Power Fist
. Numerologist: Achea Force Axe

+ Troops: +

Tactical Support Squad [155Pts]: Flamer
.  Legion Tactical Support Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Bolt Pistol, Pavoni
. 9x Legionaries (collective): 9x Bolt Pistol

Terminator Tartaros Squad [853Pts]
.  Tartaros Sergeant: Chainfist, Corvidae, Grenade Harness, Volkite Charger
. Land Raider Spartan
. . Land Raider Spartan: 2x Lascannon Array, Flare Shield, Hull (Front) Mounted Twin-linked Lascannon, Searchlights
. Tartaros: Power Fist, Volkite Charger
. Tartaros w/Heavy Weapon: Chainfist, Plasma Blaster
. Tartaros w/Heavy Weapon: Chainfist, Plasma Blaster
. 4x Tartaros w/Lightning Claws: 4x Pair of Lightning Claws

Veteran Squad [263Pts]: Legion Vexilla, Pride of the Legion Compulsory Troops
.   Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Athanaen, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist
.  Veteran: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chainsword

Veteran Squad [263Pts]: Legion Vexilla, Pride of the Legion Compulsory Troops
.   Veteran Sergeant: Artificer Armour, Athanaen, Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Power Fist

+ Heavy Support: +

Scorpius Squadon [225Pts]: Scorpius, Scorpius

++ Total: [2,999Pts] ++

@Brofist you've given me a lot to think about over the last few days. I'm trying to decide how what direction i want to take to fill out my 3k+ points army. A Kratos I such a cool looking tank, and I have one for my RG cause it just looks so awesome. Or I could go with Magna-Melta preds, which are really cool. Although, I have no idea how to kitbash my siege breaker.

I think you've got some great options depending the direction you want to for 3K+

I'm building up to 3K myself and its a bit daunting as I've mostly been playing games lower than 1500 for many years. Still, I wanna get a feel for big games. This years project is getting me up to 2K or higher :)

14 hours ago, Brofist said:

I think you've got some great options depending the direction you want to for 3K+

I'm building up to 3K myself and its a bit daunting as I've mostly been playing games lower than 1500 for many years. Still, I wanna get a feel for big games. This years project is getting me up to 2K or higher :)

The kicker is what is the best AV suited for Telekinesis. Magna preds with a 4++ sounds absolutely amazing. A Typhon Siege tank is 100% on the list.

• 2 months later...

New tactica I've come across. The Mortificator can make a rifle dread into one of the most powerful snipers in the game.

Corvidae + helical targeting array means you can just about kill any character you wish from range. Interestingly enough, thamaturgic succor is a better repair than having to use battlesmith, which keeps you from doing anything else.

Hope others have found some new and interesting things with 1ksons!~

• 4 weeks later...

What are peoples thoughts on the new Inductii?

I'm quite keen to include some once I've finished making up some more generic troops choices. Where normally the inductii can't be supported by characters we can at least buff them some with psychic powers.

Also I had a thought that a full sized squad would be a good choice for deep striking as part of the GotCK. They can't have a character join them so that saves on support character needed and they will be closer to take advantage of rapid firing

7 hours ago, Wolf Lord Loki said:

I'm quite keen to include some once I've finished making up some more generic troops choices. Where normally the inductii can't be supported by characters we can at least buff them some with psychic powers.

Also I had a thought that a full sized squad would be a good choice for deep striking as part of the GotCK. They can't have a character join them so that saves on support character needed and they will be closer to take advantage of rapid firing

Personally I won't be using any inductii. There are better options across the board for ksons. Even as cheap chaff I would rather just field despoilers. Thematically maybe a squad for ZM.

8 hours ago, Wolf Lord Loki said:

They're just a good unit, regardless of any combos.

A 20 man rapid fire averages 2.8 failed armour and 4.35 breaches,  (1.4 and 2.17 at long). They still score, still have heart, and are 200 for a full unit; slap an augury and you can generate a lot of breaching wounds for very few points (you strip 3 wounds off a contemptor on overwatch for example). Use them as filler troops after sekhmet or normal termies take the compulsory slots in Guard/Pride.

And if you do buff them, you can give them precision shots to start killing characters off. Or make a castle with telekine dome on top of any Heart FNP.

• 2 months later...

So I've finally got me some Sekhmet. What would peoples suggestions be for arming them?

Also what psychic disiplines do you generally go to?

Also have 10 so would you go with 2 * 5 or 1*10 and would that change the way you arm them?

Edited by Wolf Lord Loki
Additional thoughts

17 hours ago, Wolf Lord Loki said:

So I've finally got me some Sekhmet. What would peoples suggestions be for arming them?

Also what psychic disiplines do you generally go to?

Also have 10 so would you go with 2 * 5 or 1*10 and would that change the way you arm them?

Biomancy is probably the most beneficial to stop instant death from S8~9.

You would only want 2 sets of 5 if you were doing Pride of the Legion, or making a retinue out of one of them.

Elites have a real strangle hold on this Legion. There are so many good options.

20 hours ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

Biomancy is probably the most beneficial to stop instant death from S8~9.

You would only want 2 sets of 5 if you were doing Pride of the Legion, or making a retinue out of one of them.

Elites have a real strangle hold on this Legion. There are so many good options.

I got them so I would be able to do Guard of the Crimson King.

Do people have a preference on which achaen weapons they have or things like thunderhammers/ chain fists?

My force was set up for Pride from First Edition but I'd didn't have enough tactical to do anything else (1 squad of 15)

I have a full squad of tartaros with a mix of power kopesh and power fists (might redo as lightning claws) and a squad of vets with combi grenade launchers that was making up the compulsorily  Pride choices

Edited by Wolf Lord Loki