[HH] Dark Angels Legion heads & Mk 6 shoulder pads

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Top right is almost certainly an Excalibur reference. It's lovely.

unknown.png

Can’t believe I didn’t make the connection. Way back in DAoT, my buddies and I watched that movie a ton of times. I remember the 2nd edition AD&D players handbook making reference to that movie. 
im not planning on DA but may need to get this set to make an Arthur Astartes. 

2 hours ago, Sgt.Sangha said:

I eonder if they will drop a legion each week or so...

Doesn't seem to be the case so far - we had Dark Angels last week, and the Contemptor kit this week. I would imagine next week will be the PDFs they've flagged for release in June.

Hmm I'll buck the trend: I like these less than the previous ones. Those looked more archaic and menacing to me. But maybe that's the point as this is a newer armour mark. Still think I'll skip these and try to find some more Interremptor heads. 

2 hours ago, matcap86 said:

Hmm I'll buck the trend: I like these less than the previous ones. Those looked more archaic and menacing to me. But maybe that's the point as this is a newer armour mark. Still think I'll skip these and try to find some more Interremptor heads. 

Fortunately, forgeworld don't appear to be dropping the older mark upgrade heads as they roll out these new ones; the mark vi labelled upgrade sets are an additional option, but you can keep using the previous ones too.

Just now, matcap86 said:

Huh, just the shoulder pads up for order next week and they're made to order for just one week?? That seems absurd.

They are the older Mark 4 ones, not the new mk6 ones.

Just now, Robbienw said:

They are the older Mark 4 ones, not the new mk6 ones.

Oh damn, didn't even notice that. Still seems a bit of a weird move but makes it better. Cheers for setting me straight.

18 hours ago, Dark Rage said:

They look really cool, but they kind of take the beaky out of the beaky... They seem more Crusade/Iron in style but I still will be getting some as they do look nice.

I agree, they are nice but they don't look at all Mk6.

• 1 month later...