[HH] Stand-alone Contemptor Dreadnought kit

Definitely glad I held off building the one from the Age of Darkness box so I can mix some new bits in and potentially double up on some weapons.

I'm rather interested in what the Helical array helmet looks like since it just used to be an auto-accessory when running a Mortis. I might have to reconvert one of my old plastic ones with the new choom or even those conversion beamers for some more mortis madness.

Supposedly 4 chest plate options. Interested to see the traitor option(s). Need to work out magnitising all those arms now since it seems like it'll need to be different to the resin ones. 

On another note, given the FW Contemptor arms used to be £12 a go, having all these in one box makes for a relatively good deal. 

16 minutes ago, MARK0SIAN said:

This is such a vast improvement over the old plastic contemptor it’s hard to believe it came from the same company. 
Magnetising should be fairly straight forward so getting a couple of these so you can easily double up on the weapons seems like a good investment, even if you run them for different legions. 

The kit seems to be designed for magnetisation, with 4x1mm slots in the elbow joints and in all the weapons.

11 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

The kit seems to be designed for magnetisation, with 4x1mm slots in the elbow joints and in all the weapons.

This is true. Arms in the age of darkness dread have holes for magnets inbuilt.

3 hours ago, Brother Adelard said:

I saw a magnetising video, and it's ridiculously simple.

https://youtu.be/0OIaJP19QHY

Thanks for sharing! Excellent news that the kit has been designed for use with magnets. Hopefully this is something they’ll continue with other models going forward.

Hmm, might have to leave the front plate unglued, assuming its the same as the prevous contemptor. Love the extra weapons, and it's really easy to swap with someone if you want to double up on stuff.