Jump to content

[HH] Plastic Leviathan Dreadnought with Ranged Weaponry


Recommended Posts

Think this definitely deserves a thread - The absolute best Dread ;) and it’s coming to sweet sweet plastic 

 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/06/02/heresy-thursday-the-plastic-leviathan-siege-dreadnought-is-a-walking-artillery-piece/

Edited by Xenith
Edited title.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

Do I get it right that the kit comes without close combat weapons and with only onde of each guns?

That's my understanding of it. And I feel like that's a real shame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess is they will bring out an additional sprue like they have just announced for the Contemptor dread.

It will probably come boxed as a CC variant similar to what they did with the Titans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

My guess is they will bring out an additional sprue like they have just announced for the Contemptor dread.

It will probably come boxed as a CC variant similar to what they did with the Titans

They're definitely doing a Titanicus method of two versions with slightly different options. And release the upgrade sprue later after people have bought multiples.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

They're definitely doing a Titanicus method of two versions with slightly different options. And release the upgrade sprue later after people have bought multiples.

The problem with that plan is that GW didn't do it with the Warmaster, and in order to avoid having to do it made the second warmaster a separate unit with no crossover.

I'm hoping more weapons will be announced for the full kit in due course like they've just done with the contemptor, but I have to admit that if that was the case, the announcement article for the Levi makes less sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to this as I Love levithans and they are pretty good for my death guard so the chance to convert up some in actual plastic is amazing as resin can be a bit annoying to work with

Sucks about if it doesn't have the close combat weapons but if anyone can get their hands on the wrecking ball from the skaven plague furnace kit it works pretty well as a close combat weapon for a Levithan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is a plastic Leviathan shown in the Liber Hereticus (Sons of Horus section, for those who own the book) with close combat weapons and some minor aesthetic differences, so there's either going to be two kits (e.g. Titanicus Reavers) or an optional sprue for purchase. My money is on the former.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Brother Adelard said:

The problem with that plan is that GW didn't do it with the Warmaster, and in order to avoid having to do it made the second warmaster a separate unit with no crossover.

I'm hoping more weapons will be announced for the full kit in due course like they've just done with the contemptor, but I have to admit that if that was the case, the announcement article for the Levi makes less sense.

Oh ya, its a questionable business practice that got even worse with the warmasters

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I’m pretty sure it has plastic CC weapons I went to WW over the weekend and the new Heresy diorama has the plastic leviathan inside and both had CC weapons that looked “Crisp” also had a new chest plate with scroll work 

 

With the contemptors crazy amount of cosmetic options and weapons it’s not a stretch to assume the leviathan will follow suit 

DE49F78D-115C-433F-8FD9-EEC72D505707.jpeg

Edited by BladeOfVengeance
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if for sprue space and to keep the individual cost down, they'll do two boxes; one with the gun options, and one for CC.  So you'll just end up buying two if you want to mix-and-match.

It is weird what they're doing with resin legion contemptors though; even with the new guns in the separate release compared to the AoD version, it doesn't look like there's going to be spare elbows so you'll need to buy an entire plastic dread currently to take just the guns and elbows to equip the forgeworld dread and bitsbox most of a dread! Or two boxes, if you want to double up on some of the weapons. That seems excessive even for GW, so I do wonder if the separate arms are going to come back somehow, and that would also solve the leviathan arm problem, though the new levithan melee arms do look plastic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really hope they don’t make it two kits as would rather not have to buy two. May see how much it costs on release and if need be buy one of the resin melee arms on its own if it works out cheaper. As long as the resin arms stay available of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Marshal Loss said:

There is a plastic Leviathan shown in the Liber Hereticus (Sons of Horus section, for those who own the book) with close combat weapons and some minor aesthetic differences, so there's either going to be two kits (e.g. Titanicus Reavers) or an optional sprue for purchase. My money is on the former.

Yeah, with two claws and two drills I can see it as a stand-alone kit, especially if the normal one gets only 3 weapons. Maybe at least it will be easier to combine with the resin parts than Contemptor.

The image in question

CdQUx0O.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huh, I'd missed that the leviathan resin arms are still available though the generic body no longer is. Though at £15.50 an arm, you may still be better off buying two dreads if they do them as separate boxes!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Arkhanist said:

Huh, I'd missed that the leviathan resin arms are still available though the generic body no longer is. Though at £15.50 an arm, you may still be better off buying two dreads if they do them as separate boxes!

And then a third one, if you want a Leviathan with two guns of the same type. I love dreadnoughts, but there is only so much Leviathans I need in my Day of Revelation. And I already have the BA one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.