[HH] MtO - Iron Warriors x Dark Angels

The old Texas Star Iron Warriors... Interesting to see those again.

Hopefully this means some of the other OOP upgrade bits come back.

Might get some dark angels shoulder pads for variety. Not sure about the iron warrior torso as the future mkII might be in the style of the new mkVI with legs and torso combined. 

Gives hope for some old stuff returning. (Maybe even some vehicle doors)

Edited by ChargingSoll
Misspelling

I’m excited for this, but mainly for the precedent it sets rather than the actual kits this time. 

Fingers crossed we see plenty more oop bits reappear if only briefly. I know I’ll be all over the Ultramarine bitz, but I’d love to see things like Rhino and land raider doors, those short lived cataphractii shoulder pads and maybe even some of the long gone 40K kits in the future. 

4 hours ago, skylerboodie said:

Forgive me, what's the relevance of the star design to Iron Warriors?

Apparently it's the star that Perturable could always see in his minds eye, no matter where he was - later he found out it was the eye of terror. 

15 hours ago, Lord La sadies said:

Are the betlbuckels of center ?

Yea, this is a werid one, no one really knows why - probably as the belt is actually on your trousers (a problem with the MPK models), so a marine rotating to fire a bolter would actually have the belt buckle in the right place with this kit. 

Shocked they were brave enough to bring these back, to be honest. Wish the outcry had been enough to get a redesign like the Space Wolf upside down boltguns, especially since Iron Warriors have had excellent MK 2 torso designs for ages in their 40k upgrade kit. Still, it's nice that the OoP stuff isn't totally gone forever!

Yeah the Iron warrior torso design came out of nowhere with a very flimsy justification and the Iron Warrior players just sighed and ignored them :D