Plastic Deimos Predator: Leaked then Revealed

The tip of the auto cannon feels off to me, might be because its similar to the current version but kinda shaped like the OG one. Other than that one little thing I like everything else, deffo picking up a few of these for my various armies. 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, System Sound said:

God damn finally! Was gonna complain that the Thursday preview was upgrades again...

And Volkite turret confirmed!

I'll take 9!

But you can field them in squadrons of 4...

Edited by wildweasel

2 minutes ago, Hfran Morkai said:

Unsure how I feel about the Twin Lascannon turret but retcons have been a GW thing for literal decades.

Retcon for the twin lascannons?? Have I missed something? 

6 minutes ago, Slave to Darkness said:

Retcon for the twin lascannons?? Have I missed something? 

Original origin for the Annihilator is that the Space Wolves created it by attaching the Lascannons from a Long Fangs pack to Destructor turret, long, long after the Heresy.  Might have been Ragnar Blackmane's Great Company.

Very cool kit in regards to the available weapon options.

I prefer the look of the old, Mars kit far more, but I admit the sponsons on the new kits look better and more stable.

20 minutes ago, Hfran Morkai said:

Unsure how I feel about the Twin Lascannon turret but retcons have been a GW thing for literal decades.

I wonder if these will be cheaper than the Mars pattern in the same vein as the Rhinos, a man can dream.

It's not a twin-linked lascannon like those in modern 40k.

It's a Gravis Lascannon. Technically not a retcon lol 

Hey Brother Valrak, I just want you to know I find your videos life-changing, inspiring, useful, enjoyable, calming, informative, heartwarming AND other.

Capture.thumb.JPG.85c360b7144343fffb0a6bca47ad73c9.JPG

(This popped up earlier today and seeing "Life-changing" was hilarious to me, I filled in everything, took this screenie, then hit submit.  Is "Life-changing" a thing now?)

Back on topic, Brother Valrak being an Imperial Fist actually reminded me of a thing.  There's a special Imperial Fist (and I think Blood Angel) Assault Cannon that's really good, and it could go on Predators for either free or a nominal points cost.  Don't see that option here, but did not expect either Grav or Volkite weapons.  Will look at those.

I just realised I didn't have a Phobos Pattern Predator back in 1st ed.  I had a Rhino.  Back then an army was like a dozen Marines and 1 Pred.  Definitely thinking about these.

12 minutes ago, Kaiju Soze said:

Original origin for the Annihilator is that the Space Wolves created it by attaching the Lascannons from a Long Fangs pack to Destructor turret, long, long after the Heresy.  Might have been Ragnar Blackmane's Great Company.

6 minutes ago, The4thHorseman said:

Its been an option since at least 2nd edition.

image.thumb.png.79d0c06bb2500e91199e8039e3c7204d.png

I knew its been a thing since 2nd, wasnt too sure on the lore side as I played chaos back in those days and didnt pay much attention to the origins of Imperial vehicles. I knew its because of the Wolves but didnt know where it fits into the timeline.