Chaos Space Marine Legends Updated

The Legends rules have been updated: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/jeUu1qy1uTAxb3tF.pdf

Jump packs are definitely on there ( at the bottom) both Lords and Sorcerers. There's also the Combi weapons they lost access to.

They've also updated the rules for the other characters on here. Interestingly Mutilators aren't on here either... So I'm not sure where they've gone!

If I understand correctly. This solves the wargear restrictions for HQs. But the datasheets of several units strictly regulate what can be taken in which quantity which leads to the invalidating of several models in people's collections. (Including mine)

This has not been addressed correct?

I assume mutilators could be a standing for possessed now as they are on a 40 mm base? O.o

Edited by Maschinenpriester

I'm just glad my Chaos Lord with Jump Pack for my World Eaters is back, as is my Night Lords. Because that was DUMB that the Night Lords had a relic that only the Daemon Prince could take :laugh:

That being said, my Night Lords Chaos Marines Legionaires are still "illegal" in that my Champions have Combi-Bolters....

1 hour ago, Iron Father Ferrum said:

Illegality only counts in Matched Play, really.  You have some wiggle room.

I meant that Combi-Bolters flat-out don't exist as wargear options for anyone anymore outside of Helbrutes and vehicles' pintle mounts

Edited by Gederas

This is good. Legends units are legal everywhere that doesn't specifically exclude them, and this fixes a good number of the problems people had with missing options.

I still have some 'illegal' aspiring champion models, but at least this fixes three of my Jump Lords and brings my Juggernaut Lord back in line. (Edit: also makes one of my Exalted Champions legal again.)

2 hours ago, Toldavf said:

They tossed us a pointless bone, "you can use old models in friendly games" I could anyway. Clipped a pile of options and gave us this in return. Disgusting. 

Yes, but it's a lot easier to ask a rando if you can use Legends than to ask them if you can use homebrew.

Edit: hilariously, you can now take a Terminator Lord with two chainfists. Sounds like a great option for EC with a Daemon Weapon...

Edited by Cheex

This seems very strange to me, normally isn't it the case that if you have a unit that is in legends and codex, you have to use the whole datasheet, and the legends isn't just extra wargear? I seem to remember when they updated the stat lines for a load of SM stuff things like Calgar had a full legends datasheet and then the new one.

This makes me think that whoever wrote the codex just looked at the GW website chaos model range for the datasheet wargear and didn't look at any of the previous codex from the past 20+ years for inspiration..... and now they are covering their ass by shoe horning it in somewhere else...

3 hours ago, Squike said:

This seems very strange to me, normally isn't it the case that if you have a unit that is in legends and codex, you have to use the whole datasheet, and the legends isn't just extra wargear? I seem to remember when they updated the stat lines for a load of SM stuff things like Calgar had a full legends datasheet and then the new one. 

It's not without precedent; the Sonic Dreadnought from Forgeworld is just an expanded weapon option for the existing Helbrute datasheet.

This is also the case for SM Dreadnoughts to take Autocannons and Death Guard Lord and Sorcerers Jump Packs (I'm sure its the case for others too, I just looked at these two Legends sheets)

The Craftworlds Autarch on foot had all of it's options removed with Legends at the start of 8th Edition. They now have many options with a new kit for both the foot model and the Winged model.

There's currently only 1 power armoured Chaos Lord model sold by GW (Not counting the Finecast  NL model), which also has a fixed loadout. For me, it's very reasonable to assume that another Lord kit is coming at some point it's just more of a "When" rather than an "If".

image.png.01fc8651f71d32801b99fafffdda9fd4.png

10 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

There's currently only 1 power armoured Chaos Lord model sold by GW (Not counting the Finecast  NL model), which also has a fixed loadout. For me, it's very reasonable to assume that another Lord kit is coming at some point it's just more of a "When" rather than an "If".

I just don’t see the point in invalidating peoples old models or limiting customisation/cool conversions.

especially if they are just going to add it back in down the line if a newer Lord kit with all the options back is produced…

4 hours ago, Squike said:

I just don’t see the point in invalidating peoples old models or limiting customisation/cool conversions.

especially if they are just going to add it back in down the line if a newer Lord kit with all the options back is produced…

I think its so they stay within the "in the box" mentality they created. Only provide wargear options after the model/s with those options are available.

Just couldn’t let the juggerlord keep S5 for some reason *rolls eyes*. Nice to have an updated profile, but pretending there is some logic or attempt at balance is a bit strange. That pip of strength was just too much, eh? Dominating all the casual legends games at S10 with a fist, was he?

Still, makes it more likely they will see play in friendly settings. The wounds and attacks being low kept me from doing so before. I’ll definitely play him at some point now.

Edited by Khornestar

On 7/20/2022 at 1:24 PM, TrawlingCleaner said:

This is also the case for SM Dreadnoughts to take Autocannons and Death Guard Lord and Sorcerers Jump Packs (I'm sure its the case for others too, I just looked at these two Legends sheets)

The Craftworlds Autarch on foot had all of it's options removed with Legends at the start of 8th Edition. They now have many options with a new kit for both the foot model and the Winged model.

image.png.01fc8651f71d32801b99fafffdda9fd4.png

This is probably legit, it will probably be in line with all the Primaris releases though and pretty much have no wiggle room for options, an example of that is the new Sorcerer model.