Wasteland Vehicle Workshop Event (New Deadline 30. October)

Antarius

On 8/7/2022 at 2:10 PM, Castigator said:

Blimey! I need to get a wiggle on. The basic structure is built, just those details that take an annoying amount of time....

52269408560_86e41a24a8_z.jpg

52268922301_056bdaf20d_z.jpg

52267960947_9fa4b236a6_z.jpg

52268922941_5038513691_z.jpg

52268923636_4b26bcd911_z.jpg

52268924241_99f4e4ec83_z.jpg

She's turned out a little bigger than I planned but hey, I like her.

That's awesome, Castigator!

On 8/8/2022 at 9:25 AM, Arbedark said:

Before I pledge something, could anyone provide the dimensions of the Cargo-8, and the trailers separately, if that's not a problem? 

I don't think that'll be a problem. Unfortunately, I don't have an assembled one myself, so I can't help you :/

Great to see some custom vehicles being built for this event: @Castigator's landship in particular has caught my eye. :biggrin:

I don't have any vehicles to work on at the moment so I'll just watch from the sidelines and hope for frequent updates and an uptick in participation!

I'm sorry that I've been semi-awol for this, but it turns out I have to paint up four Blood Bowl teams for an event, so I'll likely not get started for real 'til September :oops:

However, I'll try to post in the thread from time to time anyway, even if I have nothing to add except encouragement. I have to say that I'm impressed by Castigator's ship and it's already inspired me to try to do a more "terrain-based" vehicle, either for this or later.

This event is awesomely inspiring!

does anyone have any more updates?

also, if you extend the deadline a bit (hint, hint) I might try to jump on the bandwagon- I have some vehicle bits somewhere that I had planned to bash into some form of ork buggy but that I never got round to doing; they might instead be well repurposed for the Ash Wastes! :pirate:

I've been working on building a 1/35 scale LVTP-5 over the past week, to use as the basis of a 'mothership' for a nomadic gang travelling the Ash Wastes. Been a very fiddly and time consuming build, but getting to the point that I can start 'Necromundafying' it up with all the essentials a gang would need to survive in the Ash Wastes. Currently I haven't decided on what 'affiliation' it will have, but I'm definitely going to tie it into a specific faction once I've made a decision on that - leaning towards GSC I think, with Atalans as Outriders. 

I really struggle to take good pics of my minis and builds but will give it a go when I've made a little more progress.

Okay, I have decided that I am in. I will create some hopefully convincing buggy from the following assortment:

39D06326-EE5F-4F25-9959-BD08C37C11E4.thumb.jpeg.277cb7ee0aefedc26157c8b81cd1c6a5.jpeg

In addition, I have a couple of other boxes of bits which I will post below, which may provide some further useful scrap… 

More bits…

F926DDE6-9871-4671-88CD-B4919CFB60E4.jpeg

…and a few more

5ED74274-8A3C-4A56-8C97-32A9AD95485B.jpeg

Some preliminary thoughts…

step 1: saw the ends off this base plate for one of the munitorum containers that I had hanging around. Save the ends - you never know if they might be useful for something…

C719D7A6-6FD2-4D57-91E4-480442ED2CBA.jpeg

Now, I am pretty sure these bits are from the back of the Taurox kit… but they remind me of the front of a muscle car, which is a nice vibe for the buggy I have in mind…

4588BF5A-0AE3-40DB-AA24-F2F164AE9A64.jpeg

Finally found the wheel I was looking for all week!!! At last I can crack on and get the ball rolling. Im thinking of maybe two Necromundian PDF vehicles (my first issue of WD had some Necromundian Guard on the cover that I have always wanted to convert, I have done the Commissar and doing the vehicles will give me a kick in the butt that I need to convert the Guardsmen) and the others will be used by a general gang of wasteland wanderers, PDF deserters and general slippery characters. Now I have a theme I have a plan, time to get started!!

EE9BE8F3-89DE-4AEF-BBA4-3AD3B6EBAA5D.thumb.jpeg.c74b7723bf264dc1ac4bbfd322800309.jpeg

I am not totally happy with the roof as it stands - but it is REALLY hard to marry up the levels with some bits of cut sprue… and I do need that type of roof so that I can mount weapons on the top. More thought needed, I guess…

Thanks for all of the comments peeps :biggrin:

I'm not sure if the deadline for this is over or if it's been extended. Here's where I'm at now......

52332392982_cef2f38553_z.jpg 

I still have lots to do but I needed to get some paint on it before I add more detail.

52333350921_c5b517f6e8_z.jpg

Like the figurehead here

52333350911_265de58bdc_z.jpg

Edited by Castigator