Veterans

I love veteran squads. I've made one custom for every narrative campaign that i've played in.

I'm toying with making another, with a chimera as i've got a fun idea for a veteran look on one. The last vets squad was tooled for range and popped up with a Platoon Commander from reserves, lascannon and plasma loadout. This next one will have meltas and a heavy flamer.

Now - rifleman loadout - for the life of me I can't think of a reason to ever give them shotguns. Rapid 1 is better in everything but advance and shoot (hoping to get that 6" S4 shooting).

Why would one ever take shotguns? Fallback and shoot? Advance and shoot? Outside of that the lasgun is superior.

Spoiler

Autoguns though.. haha (I've also just remembered I chose the Veteran BLAM profile picture, with a shotgun.)

Edited by hardcore1six

2 hours ago, hardcore1six said:

I love veteran squads. I've made one custom for every narrative campaign that i've played in.

I'm toying with making another, with a chimera as i've got a fun idea for a veteran look on one. The last vets squad was tooled for range and popped up with a Platoon Commander from reserves, lascannon and plasma loadout. This next one will have meltas and a heavy flamer.

Now - rifleman loadout - for the life of me I can't think of a reason to ever give them shotguns. Rapid 1 is better in everything but advance and shoot (hoping to get that 6" S4 shooting).

Why would one ever take shotguns? Fallback and shoot? Advance and shoot? Outside of that the lasgun is superior.

Reveal hidden contents

Autoguns though.. haha (I've also just remembered I chose the Veteran BLAM profile picture, with a shotgun.)

Rule of cool outshines all other reasons.