[HH] Liber Mechanicum

Its weird to me that they are apparently including the Titans and plastic knights, but not giving them a reference in the contents pages, looks like the existing Taghmata variant lists are gone though? 

Ive heard there are leaks of some/all of this book loose out there, hoping someone has seen them! :) 

4 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Its weird to me that they are apparently including the Titans and plastic knights, but not giving them a reference in the contents pages,

Pages 64 and 74, unless I misunderstood you.

52 minutes ago, Cactus said:

Pages 64 and 74, unless I misunderstood you.

Yes but they only include the headings, not individual datasheets, it would be like the rest of the book just having "HQ" or "Lord of War and no further details. 

• 1 month later...

Prices for this weekend.

WH UNDERWORLDS: HEXBANE'S HUNTERS (ENG) £26.00
BLOOD BOWL: ELVEN UNION PITCH & DUGOUTS £30.00
BLOOD BOWL: ELVEN UNION TEAM DICE £12.50
BLOOD BOWL: ELVEN UNION TEAM CARD PACK £17.50
L/ASTARTES: TERMINATOR TARTAROS SQUAD £52.50
L/ASTARTES: PRAETOR WITH POWER AXE £19.00
L/ASTARTES: PRAETOR WITH POWER SWORD £19.00
LEGIONES ASTARTES:CONTEMPTOR DREADNOUGHT £36.00
L/A: CATAPHRACTII TERMINATOR SQUAD £52.50
LEGIONES ASTARTES: SICARAN BATTLE TANK £47.50
LEVIATHAN DREADNOUGHT + RANGED WEAPONS £47.50
LIBER MECHANICUM: FORCES/OMNISSIAH (ENG) £30.00
LEGIONES ASTARTES: SPARTAN ASSAULT TANK £67.50
DARK IMPERIUM: GODBLIGHT (PB) £8.99
URDESH: THE MAGISTER & THE MARTYR (PB) £8.99
OUTGUNNED (HB) £18.00
FABIUS BILE: THE OMNIBUS (PB) £15.00
THE WRAITHBONE PHOENIX (PB) £8.99
WHITE DWARF 479 (AUG-22) (ENGLISH) £6.99

Good prices tbh. I expected the contemptor to be redemptor/invictor priced, but it is the same price as a box dread, Preators are a bit cheaper than primaris characters while the termiantors used to be 36/40 pounds for 5 tartaros/cataphractii irrc, so they got MUCH cheaper at 52,50 for 10 ( 7,2/8 ppm -> 5,25 ppm )

In regards to the spartan I was thinking its going to cost 70 pounds so hey, a bit cheaper than anticipated.

Leviathan and Sicarian are what they are, I hoped for less on the sicarian but impulsor is the same cost and is smaller so hey, it's good

Edited by Misterduch

Not sure about the fact that we seem to need to take two Armigers to unlock a single other knight in the Questoris list. Seems like a way to force people who have knights armies to buy more of them to keep their lists legal. On one hand I understand that knight lists could be no fun to play against, but also not happy about it. 

If I want to run all six knights I have, I will need to buy an additional 7 Armigers, and I am sure others will have to buy even more! Think I might just sell a few knights…

Not sure why myrmiax are built around the Thanatar Calix? Low sales? 

I kinda like Armigers as troops for knights, less so that they need 2 per proper knight. I expect this to be fairly unpopular given how the Heresy knight community (such as it is) has not been keen to adopt them so far.

51 minutes ago, Joe said:

God how I bloody hate this line/non-line nonsense. I was so looking forward to making a pure myrmidon list and still I have to take other troops choices to score objectives or keep them very close to the Calix. I swear, as fun as it is to play the new edition, writing actual lists has been a chore.

$5 says knight lists will still fall in the category they've always been since their inception: one sided games where they either can't be stopped or get blasted right off the bat. They should never have been a standard faction, and should have been relegated to extra big game size.

@Noserenda yea almost certainly terrible sales. The calix was such a bad unit, it tricked people into thinking normal thanatars were bad too.

@The Observer well if you play the core missions, you can afford to go pretty light on the scoring. Only the deployment control mission absolutely requires it, the rest are pretty much kill points

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

I only have 2 armigers, so it’s definitely going to take some purchases and painting to make my army legal again, but I tentatively like this change. The armigers are awfully cute and maybe it’ll make the army more friendly for casual pickup games. 

I had planned for 4 armigars and 2 questoris for my HH army, something small(ish) that I know I like playing/painting. Might as well up it to 6 armigars later as that is generally what I carry in my case.

Just have to see the point values and how armigars work in this edition.

The Armiger tax is a bit annoying. You’re not drawn to knights because you like Dreadnought sized models, you want to play with the big stuff :smile:

Its interesting they mentioned Secutarri but they’re not listed in the contents, do we think they’ll be in an expanded list or contained within the Titan section?

18 minutes ago, MARK0SIAN said:

The Armiger tax is a bit annoying. You’re not drawn to knights because you like Dreadnought sized models, you want to play with the big stuff :smile:

Its interesting they mentioned Secutarri but they’re not listed in the contents, do we think they’ll be in an expanded list or contained within the Titan section?

I dunno, I love my Moirax models. I bought two of those before I bought my second Questoris.