Best load out for eliminators

yan

Now the las fussils come for free, i was thinking to run 3 units of them. 
i was considering 2 lasfusils and a instigator bolt carabine on the captain for the run shoot run ability.

my first thought was to forward deploy them in cover on some objectives. And have them as a shooting threat and bait in the middle for the rest of my army (heavy melee space wolves) to counter.

now would this be the most effective? Or do the captains also need to carry a las fusil since there my only real shooty option.

or should i actually give them sniperifels so they are some serious  threat to caracters?

I guess im gonna have to experiment. But maybe you have some experience and thoughts?

Edited by yan

Unfortunately, the only experience I have with them on the table are with my Deathwatch but they are almost an entirely different unit than what you'd be using. They aren't as mobile, but they can come in bigger units, are obsec, and can be made more durable with added utility than other Marine armies. They're one of my favourite units in my Primaris heavy force, but they don't behave the same as they would for you so I can't really contribute anything of value.

I have added a unit with lasfusils to my plans for my expanded Imperial Fists project, but I honestly don't know which weapon I'd prefer. I expect them to be a decent forward deployment option that is durable in cover and can put a few wounds on a vehicle or tough elite infantry unit to act as a screen. In that case, I don't think I really care what weapon they have.

14 hours ago, Cruor Vault said:

The 2x Fusil + Carbine Sergeant is currently the most valuable loadout.  They have a TON of utility for actions and OBJ holding with this setup and can occasionally throw out some valuable extra damage as well!

I am rather regretting building mine with BSRs but I might splash out on another squad if the Shadowspear ones come out in Imperium.

I have just noticed that the Carbine is Assault 1. Does that mean you can Advance, shoot and then move again if you need a real burst of speed?

Edited by Karhedron

12 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I am rather regretting building mine with BSRs but I might splash out on another squad if the Shadowspear ones come out in Imperium.

I have just noticed that the Carbine is Assault 1. Does that mean you can Advance, shoot and then move again if you need a real burst of speed?

Yes, yes it does :)