Leagues of Votann - alternative color schemes

Kelborn

On 9/18/2022 at 9:46 PM, Kelborn said:

I'm in love....

And tempted to get some minis and try those schemes out...

aai7ecbueno91.jpg

That's a blast from the past. My brother had one of the Space Police 1 sets and I owned some M-Tron. Those look amazing.  Those tinted cockpits make a hue difference in my opinion.

I plan on going Orange as primary, black as secondary and brass as the trim. I am planning on playing whichever League I want to play. The codex says on the first page each Kindred has its own paint scheme so you can pick and choose whichever you want to paint and the League rules you want to use.

The thing that bugs me slightly about the GTL is the reversal of colour scheme between the Hearthkin and the more elite units. Looking at how the rest of the army is painted, it looks like Hearthkin should have green/teal armoured sections and a white undersuit but in the official schemes, this is reversed.

leagues-more-to-come-header.jpg

I think the GTL would look better if the Hearthkin were painted to match the other infantry rather than being reversed.  Most of the other leagues seems to be consistent in painting the armour sections in just one colour.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:11 PM, INKS said:

Ideally orange suit and black, cream, white? not sure the other color.

Edit, helmets where ever I can. I don't like bare heads.

While I would normally be in 100% agreement WRT helmets, I’m a bit torn where the LoV are concerned, as I really, really dislike their helmet design.  Hopefully they will grow on me…

On 9/18/2022 at 3:06 AM, Darnok said:

Going for the classic blue scheme of Starcraft Terrans should work well:

6bfc638732d7687e9a373a589dfc2527.jpg

2M3MDKGHVUL61289905509030.jpg

Yessss....

This scheme would most definitely work well on LoV ... But a Dark metallic blue and that gold on the helmets.... maybe vallejo gold needed for that kinda look !!

Nice choice, I'd love to see them if you ever did this!! :wub:

All the other schemes are really good too !!

M. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While playing SC2 again, I discovered that they added some new unit skins to the game since I last played.

One of them might be another cool colour scheme and homebrew idea: the Umojan Protectorate

https://images.app.goo.gl/37QxGUgMi61wvzE36

I call dibs! :P

Edited by Kelborn

• 2 months later...

This may be controversial but I'm considering a Death Guard themed LoV army. Not sure if I'll do a heresy era bone colour, or the more recent green. I fully intend on customising them with various bones and appendages. Plagues of Votann is the working title.