Tau Crusede - XV9 Hazard Battlesuit [05.01.2023]

Hi all!
There are quite a few topics on the process of creating xenos armies here, even in a separate forum there are very few of them. Therefore, I decided to dilute the crowds of SM and CSM a little with blue-skinned guys in big robots.
In general, it all started with the fact that we decided to gather and play Crusade with a small group of friends. But all the armies have guys in power armor, for this reason I decided to add a little variety and collect tau for myself. And at the same time, he shares with you the process and news from the battlefields (but this is still far away).

To start, I decided to build and paint one Fire Warrior and one drone to try out the color scheme I came up with. These are small steps towards a great good.

0aa5e67553cd7d8e7f5bfadebdc2073b.jpg

a08fe29ba3d2b969a04ca6b54802e6a7.jpg

I was pleased with the result. Everything turned out pretty quickly and looks detailed. A little later I will try out the color scheme on big robots.

Edited by Alex_Art_Workshop

Thanks for the kind words! I'm slowly working on my crusade. After testing the color scheme, I started work on my main hero in the army and it will be the Commander in Enforcer Battlesuit. While only the beginning of work, but the process is going quickly. Perhaps in the coming days I will be able to share the finished work with you!

d8a35959d62c073f2c128e97715ca5f7.jpg

On 9/9/2022 at 1:31 PM, Cyrox said:

Mind if i ask what colours you used?

Sorry for the long answer. Here is my green recipe for my army:

Airbrush base Light Moss Green (SART-31)
Airbrush highlight Slimer Green (SFG-23)
Washing oil Raw Umber
Highlight edge brush Sherwood Green (SC-44)
Edge brush highlighting Autumm Green (SC-48)

The paints I use are from Scale75. The rest of the colors are still in the works :)

• 2 weeks later...

These are absolutely amazing.

They are stunning from head to toe, they look very realistic and the bases add to the beauty.

But it must have taken ages to get them this way.

Nearly too good to go off playing with them!

Edit- I also agree, go ahead and show them off to White Dwarf.

Edited by Valkia the Bloody

Your forces really are amazing - the color work on them is fantastic, excellent choices.

You should definitely show them to GW in multiple ways - send them to White Dwarf, but you could also tag them on Twitter/Instagram, etc.

I love the blue ion glow you have going on for the end of the rifles - I’ve tried it in several ways and never found it to look quite right to me, but yours looks great!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I am very pleased that you like my work. I will try to submit my work to WD once I have completed my initial 50pl for the crusade.

In the meantime, I'm slowly but surely continuing to work on my next squad. This time I took on the most important thing that attracts me to the Tau empire. It's Battlesuits! This will be the first XV8 Crisis unit.

fe5ebfa6c7f540058a8aab05b2524f17.jpg

096cea7d88cda29560445ca2ddd388b1.jpg