Void War Bases

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Hardly. The Moritat was shown at an open day and it was 13/14 months before they were released. 

Heresy stuff doesn’t count as it’s from forge world…. That’s got lame release times normally !! :tongue:

VOID WAR BASES! FINALLY! I've just rebased my entire Daemons army and it cost me a lot. Now we have you. Hopefully they are priced fairly, (we'll see) but I still need more. Almost every army is based on these types of bases.

3 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

Has anyone got any confirmation what size bases they are? I'm guessing they're either 25 / 28 / 32 or 28 / 32 / 40, but I haven't seen any official article that states what sizes the bases come in.

I believe they are 25,32,40

9 minutes ago, INKS said:

I believe they are 25,32,40

I'll eat a physical hat if they go from 25mm to 40mm in that set. Looking at the differences between them in the stock photo, there's no way the large bases are 60% larger than the small ones. 

The more I look at them, there's a similar design between the medium and large bases that have a circular grill covering most of the base that make it feel easier to scale. The difference in size between 32mm and 40mm is 8mm, but only 3.5mm between 28.5mm and 32mm - based on the design I'm thinking the medium base is 28.5mm and the large is 32mm. I just wish someone from the Community team would provide us some concrete info.

Thanks for that... i was hoping they'd have gone for 28.5 32 and 40  as necromunda & the industrial bases covered the 25mm & 32mm base sizes, at least Void bases are in 28.5mm , this means i can mix n match Void, Necromunda & industrial bases for a varied Ark basing theme.

I hope these bases are not part of the "new Price" Hike... :sweat:

M. 

They aren't 40s???? :cuss:. GW! I NEED 40s! 25 -28.5 why is this a thing? just do away with 25s.  I could have sworn they had said early on that they would be 40s included in the box. Well, all this waiting and the box is a lot less attractive. I mean I still need 32s. But I don't really need 20 of the other twos. my little rant is over. Disappointed but that is how it goes I guess. damn, now I have to make a decision. Sell most of the box and keep the 32s or just pass on it and keep using 3rd party stuff.

Edit: Just seen the little footnote, they are delayed in Canada anyway... horay? :cuss:. I guess it doesn't matter either way now.

Edit 2: Anyone know what uses a 65mm base?

Edited by INKS

@INKS - just get Necromunda for the 32's ... come in packs of 10. Dreadnoughts and some monstrous creatures use the 65mm base. 

Or you could get the Sector mechanicus industrial bases box it has 32mm,40mm and 65 mm in it... 

M. 

Yeah..., seems weird it's 25, 28, 32. So many models are still coming with 25's, and there are a lot of players that would want to use larger footslogger models (gravis armor, Ogryns, and TDA to name a few.) So it would make more sense that they would be 25, 32, 40. but we will see when they go on preorder, as the WHC/social Media team do screw up and give wrong info from time to time...

Edited by Harleqvin

Content/base size as per GW store (no 40mm confirmed) :

The kit includes:
- 60x textured and scenic plastic bases:
- 20x 25mm round bases
- 20x 28.5mm round bases
- 20x 32mm round bases
- 54x decorative scenery elements:
- 4x large gantry/flooring plates
- 4x broken large gantry/flooring plates
- 6x grilles
- 6x broken grille plates
- 10x small gantry/flooring plate pieces
- 24x damaged hardware items, including vox relays, fans, and gauges.