Games workshop selling an illegal model in terms of wysiwyg

blacksnapt

It's really stupid that the primaris captain/lieutenant loadouts are so strickly limited to the models. Once the assault intercessors/primaris upgrades were released and avaliable for kitbashing, GW should have added weapon lists back to those HQs like their firstborn equivalents.

8 hours ago, blacksnapt said:

Even on battlescribe i cant give him this setup... I really dont know what im doing wrong

Battlescribe is using rules written by a 3rd party and sometimes stuff is missing or incorrect. 

Also, a new Marine codex is due out soon, in the new year. Worth mentioning that.

The model is 95 points. Just keep that in mind when writing a list.

Edited by Orange Knight

Because of the way that the magazine works, they phase in the rules slowly. The first 10 issues are taken up explaining stuff like basic movement principles and other simple rules - they explain how shooting and melee attacks work, but they don’t start you off with the to hit/to wound table. What they do instead is say, this Primaris LT from issue 1 needs a 3+ to hit, and needs a 4+ to wound the Royal Warden also from issue 1, but a 3+ to wound the Necron Warriors from issue 2. They don’t give you the datasheets straight away, they spoonfeed you a little until there is a basic understanding of the underpinning concepts. We are now far enough into the subscription that they are pushing out datasheets for all units.

Because the Imperium specific captain was released with Issue 5, it was too early to have a datasheet with the model, because it wouldn’t have made sense to people using the magazine to get into the hobby. I suspect a datasheet for him will be released by the time the magazine run is finished.