Imperial Guard Rogal Dorn Battle Tank

I'm not sure why is it unclear that when we pay absolute PREMIUM for a model (several times the price of scale models!), while the general quality and finesse of detail is nowhere close to the likes of 1:48 or 1:35 Tamiya tanks, we are irked when we receive a model which partially isn't there at all, literal air in the box, as if it was the cheapest Zvezda.

1 hour ago, Kastor Krieg said:

I'm not sure why is it unclear that when we pay absolute PREMIUM for a model (several times the price of scale models!), while the general quality and finesse of detail is nowhere close to the likes of 1:48 or 1:35 Tamiya tanks, we are irked when we receive a model which partially isn't there at all, literal air in the box, as if it was the cheapest Zvezda.

This. The amount of plastic in GW kits is just inferior to what you get in a model kit in the same price range. 

1 hour ago, Kastor Krieg said:

So don't buy them then? If you prefer the scale model tanks, go buy those? It doesn't seem to warrant this level of aggression that there's a 2x4 inch piece of blank plastic missing you'd only see if you regularly turn your tank upside down or store above head height on a glass shelf.

13 hours ago, Brother Borgia said:

Someone magnetized all the options and used the inside of the hull to store them thanks to a metallic card.

I think it’s really smart.

That is actually very clever. Think I might do that when I eventually get around to getting one, rather than covering the gap with plasticard as I was originally thinking.

1 hour ago, Redcomet said:

This. The amount of plastic in GW kits is just inferior to what you get in a model kit in the same price range. 

You are paying for the brand. To use in a game of 40K not ww2 garbage. 

40k sells way more than whatever tiger tank you are buying I’m sure.

can’t believe this is even trending right now.

you’ve got new models, meanwhile I got a 5th edition leader of my faction in fine cast. We all got issues.

Edited by Reskin

Again: The game is only a part of the hobby and a lot of people care about the look of the miniatures, and being incomplete is not subjective aesthetics. The cheaper but more detailed WW2 tanks  are used as an example of how cost or technical issues cannot be used to excuse GW being stingy. Nevermind the worrying trend of they doing the same with the ATV or the Dunerider, pushing even more the toy-like look that it's a turn off for many.

4 minutes ago, lansalt said:

Again: The game is only a part of the hobby and a lot of people care about the look of the miniatures, and being incomplete is not subjective aesthetics. The cheaper but more detailed WW2 tanks  are used as an example of how cost or technical issues cannot be used to excuse GW being stingy. Nevermind the worrying trend of they doing the same with the ATV or the Dunerider, pushing even more the toy-like look that it's a turn off for many.

Right… so most of those who like the look of the Rogal Dorn in the pics didn’t even know it had the base missing.

and will have still bought it to paint up.

because the underside isn’t visible when displaying it. So painters and collectors will still buy and paint I’m sure.

I mean, I’m starting to think people are choosing between feeding their kids and buying plastic crack at this point.

14 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I also just found out now about the ATV and other models being hollow as well. Where do I sign up for the sky is falling club?

Membership is free for one year with purchase of Rogal Dorn battle tank!*

*Free membership limited to one year even if multiple Rogal Dorn battle tanks are purchased.

Hey has anyone else thought that we will now just be able to say “Dorns” when talking about multiples of this tank instead of all the weird ways people try to figure out to say the plural of Russ?

Edited by Khornestar

11 minutes ago, Reskin said:

Right… so most of those who like the look of the Rogal Dorn in the pics didn’t even know it had the base missing.

and will have still bought it to paint up.

because the underside isn’t visible when displaying it. So painters and collectors will still buy and paint I’m sure.

I'm sure that the GW employees that designed the Dorn though the same and feel food about it. It doesn't mean it's right for many reasons, and telling people "Why do you care about things I don't care about?" is not an argument.