Imperial Guard Rogal Dorn Battle Tank

Is that... proper suspension?! An actual guard vehicle with tracks that look like they could actually be used to traverse rough terrain?

*looks outside to see pigs fly*

Love this model. It looks like an actual tank. A barrel that doesn't look like it is designed to launch beer kegs. A turret that can actually fit people. Carries comms & optics. It even has sloped hull armor!

It is not perfect. I hate the ball-turret stubbers/meltas (but those can be replaced by lights, it seems) and still dislike the sponson turrets (would have liked to see ball-turret sponsons instead), but when I do start an Astra Militarum army these tanks would be the core of my armored forces. Now if GW would only update the other vehicles to the same standard...

24 minutes ago, Bryan Blaire said:

Are people saying Matilda solely because of the three ports in the side armor of the track…?  Nothing else about it really seems to resemble the Matilda otherwise to me.

Particularly the British matilda and churchill (and ww1) for the style of tracks that are common with a lot of guard tanks. The hull looks inspired from the M6 heavy tank with some inspiration from some british tanks like the matilda and churchill.  The turret looks like it was inspired off some later model matilda tank turrets particualy that the commander/gunner seats sit off to the side and the turret is molded out to accommodate for it. Particularly the M6 heavy tank though.

matilda and m6 heavy

Spoiler

Matilda - top.jpgInfantry_Tank_MatildaII_MkIBEF_HD-1.jpg

M6 heavy - 6beaab9bf87d732047061face41c3ff6.jpg

I quite like the Rogan Josh tank though there are elements I am not keen on, mostly the locations of the stubbers but the headlights look good as a replacements. I still think the Macharius is the best looking Guard tank but I will have to resist buying this to back up my Krieg squads.

I really like this tank which really looks like a M6 with a rescaled Pershing turret. 

On the + side :

- Great turret design

- Love the turret stubber. I’m betting tank commander and gunner will keep their hatch closed in firefights. 
- Suspension and the option to hide it with a sideskirt if you feel uncomfortable about it. 
- Optionals side sponsons. 

On the weak side, :cuss: with the frontal armor. 

- There is a shell trap between the upper and lower glacis, and I really don’t get why. 

- The main hull gun looks totally off, especially the Gatling. No room for a gunner and loader for the mini demolisher, no way to evacuate cartridges in case of the Gatling. 
- I wish you could replace the lower glacis stubbers with flamers. Otherwise nope. 

D5543A10-74BF-4A09-8E93-C05109845AD1.jpeg

I really like this, proper WW2 vibe to it. 

I think i’d ditch the stubbers/melta’s at the front for the headlights, and the pintel mount on the back of the turret I’d probably leave off too.

Having served in a tank regiment as AFV crew, seeing proper rubber rimmed roadwheels, tracks with track pads, and spare kit on the tank makes me very happy. 

Does anyone else think the twin gun version looks like an upscaled exterminator?

1 hour ago, INKS said:

I am going to have to learn how to paint tanks.

who else is doing a tank company now?

how much in dollars is this thing going to cost?

Man is it beautiful. I want 2 in 2k points.

I’d be surprised if it was less than $100, I’d ballpark it at around $120-135

Idle thought, but with the rescaling of the battle canon and a few other components, what do we think the chances of an updated Leman Russ kit?  Other than the sponson / hull weapon aesthetics and the actual mechanics of how the kit is put together, there hasn't been an update to the Russ kit in YEARS.

The Chimera in the very back of the image looks like the existing box art one though.

I like the minimalist build, lights instead of nipple guns and no tacked on sponsons. Less firepower is more!

1952945216_Tanksalot.png.fefb2e2af82b9140ffdacadb328f9082.png

The crew served machine gun would be absurd if it wasn't a real thing. The idea was they were used for AA defence / deterrence fire or for long range fire support when the tank wasn't in the line of fire itself.

Edited by Beaky Brigade

Torn about it tbh. It's not bad looking but it's not mind blowing either. My main issue with IG tanks is that the hulls are to small compared to the turrets. Il just wait for Mordian to come out with a fixed scale for this guy.

2 hours ago, lansalt said:

I just saw this edited Krieg version and I think it suits them way better than cadians:

I find all the krieg edits great!

The tank is fine, they are going for a more bulky and rounded design. I personally prefer more spartan and industrial ones. Still the tank is nice.

Every new miniature comes with loads of detail now, it's like a mini diorama tank. But I can't see myself painting more than 2.

I really like this tank ! well done GW, Hats off to you!  I will make it with less guns and no sponson weapons, For people Like me That will never buy Forge World tanks this is very welcome thing :wub:

I'm picturing this in a British North Africa Colour scheme or Caunter camo. 

Great time to be Alive Guardsman! :cool:

M.