Sons of Horus 2k w/ 3k Expansion (Deep Strike, Flanking, lots of Lascannons)

I collect HH miniatures but don't have much chance to play, so this is my first 2.0 list ever. I'd appreciate any feedback from those more experienced than I.

Rite of War: the Long March

HQ:

-          Ezekyle Abaddon (250)

o   Retinue: 6x Justaerin Terminators [3x Axes; 3x Power Fists] (355)

-          Legion Cataphractii Centurion: Primus Medicae w/ Thunder Hammer (145)

Elites:

-          Contemptor Talon:

o   Contemptor Dreadnought [2x Gravis Lascannons] (215)

o   Contemptor Dreadnought [2x Gravis Lascannons; Havoc Launcher] (225)

Troops:

-          10x Tactical Marines [Vexilla; Nuncio Vox; Sergeant w/ Power Fist & AA] (145)

o   Dedicated Transport: Deimos Rhino (35)

-          10x Tactical Marines [Vexilla; Sergeant w/ Power Fist & AA] (135)

-          10x Despoiler Marines [Vexilla; Nuncio Vox; 2x Power Weapons; Sergeant w/ Power Fist & AA] (155)

-          6x Justaerin Terminators [3x axes; 3x Thunder Hammers] (370)

o   Dedicated Transport: Land Raider Proteus w/ TL Lascannon (235)

Total: 1995 (can add 5 points later)

To expand this to 3000 points, I first remove one of the power weapons from the Despoiler squad and then add the following:

Elites:

-          1x Contemptor Dreadnought [Gravis Lascannon + Gravis Power Fist] (195)

The above joins the Contemptor talon. I then add another identical unit of Justaerin and two speeders to get 4 outflanking units, total.

Troops:

-          6x Justaerin Terminators [3x axes; 3x Thunder Hammers] (370)

Fast Attack:

-          Javelin Squadron

o   Javelin [Lascannons; Multi-Melta] (105)

Simple list designed to take all comers: lots of Lascannons since they can take on either armor or 2 hit infantry; three squads in rhinos for objectives; 2 Justaerin squads (2000) or 3 in 3000 meant to do most of the killing. Abaddon's squad naturally deep strikes in, the other two use flanking assault.

Solid.

My only two cents are:

• Three basic 10 man Line units at 3k is going to get you in trouble pretty often in objective missions against savvy enough opponents ESPECIALLY if you biff your reserve rolls so they're getting a rather unmolested bottom of turn two, or worse, turn 2 + top of turn 3. 
    • For instance, I would certainly go for them immediately with arty, planes, etc... once things kicked off in earnest
  • In this case, I'd definitely swap the Medicae out for standard bearer to give Line to one of the Justaerin units.

• Medicaes themselves are odd ducks because they're usually attached to the kind of squads that catch all the S8+ firepower meaning you don't get the FNP.
    • Your mileage may vary wildly, there's more useful options like a MoS to help roll those essential reserves.
    • You could easily lose him and grab thee basic apoths to slap alongside all your Line troops to make them hardier. Especially the Tactical squads getting a 4+++ if huddled around and objective for Heart of The Legion.

• Find some points to put some targeting arrays on those rifleman contemptors. Your air defense is non-existent, and that can be VERY dangerous to be lacking.
Edited by Dark Legionnare

This is embarrassing—I completely miscalculated the points on the above and gave myself way more stuff that I can afford with 2000. I post a revised list below with roughly 2-300 fewer points in it since I was cheating in my last post! First, my thanks to you for your feedback—one thing I’m uncomfortable about is the MoS given how it gives me a 50% chance of being set up by my opponent when I deep strike in with Abaddon’s squad (and I have to deep strike in with him to make use of his sweet ability)—in a 2000 point game where the battlefield won’t be packed with units, this could mean that the squad will be so far away from the action that they’ll spend a few turns having to footslog into combat range.

Rite of War: the Long March

HQ:

-          Ezekyle Abaddon (250)

Retinue:

-          5x Justaerin Terminators [2x Axes; 3x Power Fists; 1x Legion Standard] (320)

Elites:

-          Contemptor Talon:

o   Contemptor Dreadnought [2x Gravis Lascannons; Helical Targeting Array] (225)

-          Apothecarion Detachment:

o   Apothecary (45)

o   Apothecary (45)

Troops:

-          11x Despoiler Marines [Vexilla; Nuncio Vox; 2x Power Weapons; Sergeant w/ Power Fist & AA] (165)

o   Deimos Rhino Transport (35)

-          11x Tactical Marines [Vexilla; Nuncio Vox; Sergeant w/ Power Fist & AA] (155)

-          10x Tactical Marines [Vexilla; Sergeant w/ Power Fist & AA] (135)

-          5x Justaerin Terminators [2x axes; 3x Thunder Hammers] (320)

(2000)

Expansion to 3000:

·       Add one Justaerin terminator each to the retinue and to the squad in the Land Raider (100)

·       Add one rifleman dreadnought identical to the one above to the Contemptor Talon (225)

·       Add this squad to troops:

o   6x Justaerin Terminators [3x Axes; 2x Power Fists; 1x Thunder Hammer] (360)

§  Dedicated Transport: Land Raider Proteus w/ TL Lascannon (235)

(920)

This leaves me with 80 unspent points. For that, I could get a Centurion (Librarian) with telepathy to be like everybody else in this edition (heh!), or I could wheedle down another 25 points by taking special equipment off squads or maybe losing a marine here and there to pay for this:

·       Javelin Squadron:

4 hours ago, First_Among_Brothers said:

Troops:

-          11x Despoiler Marines [Vexilla; Nuncio Vox; 2x Power Weapons; Sergeant w/ Power Fist & AA] (165)

-          11x Tactical Marines [Vexilla; Nuncio Vox; Sergeant w/ Power Fist & AA] (155)

I think you are capped at 10 marines to get access to the Rhino transport. It has a capacity of 12 so can still carry the apothecary (and an HQ model if you had one) but squad sizes are limited to access their dedicated transport options.