One-Eye in the Darkness II - Exorcists Vth company and other WIPs

One-eye

Thanks all for your kind comments ! The sarge is finally finished, and so is the squad ! 

Gamma Altaïr, sergent of the 3rd squad of the Vth company of the Exorcists chapter, Indomitus crusade.

Officer of the Orison of the Crimson Hound.

Bearer of Solarstorm, artifact of the Orison.

Exorcists_Assault_sarge_1.thumb.jpg.ec22c89796d8281cf0b20b5ae195db45.jpg

Exorcists_Assault_sarge_2.thumb.jpg.59283810fb7afa6f9c82f4efed0b6965.jpg

Exorcists_Assault_sarge_3.thumb.jpg.936381266843dd94b816869114950ef1.jpg

Exorcists_Assault_sarge_4.thumb.jpg.1a4227ba8c88dbd94cd632c45f0e47df.jpg

I can't tell you how much it pleases me to see the Exorcists, one of my absolute favorite Chapters, done so well. The only thing I don't like about this whole project is that now my own planned Exorcists kill team will absolutely suck in comparison. Keep up the great work - I look forward to seeing the project's progress. :thumbsup:

Thank you all for the very kind words !

Brother Tyler, go ahead with your Kill Team, I'd absolutely love to see them. There's never enough Exorcists ! And we all get inspiration from one another.

3 hours ago, Xin Ceithan said:

I think I carry a torch for this one- it’s just awesome!

And is that a Nova Cat reference on the heraldic shield, que’aff? 

Thanks mate ! No it's not a reference to Nova Cat, sorry :D

Before continuing my Exorcists, I needed a short break and decided to paint a mini that's been sitting unpainted for... nearly 6 years. From my previous HH White Scars project.

Tumen Chimbaï, the Bulwark - Brotherhood of the Irbis - White Scars Legion

Siege of Terra

WS_01.thumb.jpg.4346b4fe1d51a8e5acba4426baea42ba.jpg

WS_03.thumb.jpg.c49146f388f7e3487a76dbfd393476e2.jpg

WS_02.thumb.jpg.949f4952ba7a433fc430929d25460537.jpg

This was a nice change to the metallic scheme I painted lately. Unfortunately the change in scale of the recent HH puts me a little off continuing this project. 

4 hours ago, One-eye said:

This was a nice change to the metallic scheme I painted lately. Unfortunately the change in scale of the recent HH puts me a little off continuing this project. 

If I can try to tempt you, the change in scale is not as bad as I feared. Plastic mk iii, iv and terminators are as they were - and the mk vi you can easily hide by just not building up the base quite so much? Go on, give us a nice little allied contingent of mk iii and terminator White Scars - you don’t see that so often … you know you want to.

9 hours ago, LameBeard said:

If I can try to tempt you, the change in scale is not as bad as I feared. Plastic mk iii, iv and terminators are as they were - and the mk vi you can easily hide by just not building up the base quite so much? Go on, give us a nice little allied contingent of mk iii and terminator White Scars - you don’t see that so often … you know you want to.

Yes I want to :) I have a couple minis already assembled that I could paint for a change, but my main project is still the Exorcists. And I really like the scale of primaris marines, it's so pleasing to paint.

6 hours ago, batu said:

Can you show off the rest of your White Scars please. I am dying to see them. 

My old thread is in my signature ;) White Scars - HH Siege of terra - Brotherhood of the Irbis

I've made a group shot. I am quite happy with the squad, especially the leader who carries my way of seeing the Exorcists quite well I think

image.thumb.jpeg.1a739b849aae46ec9cb224e49e849bfd.jpeg

Next I will try to paint a chaplain to go with the squad :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi brothers. After a short "end of the year vacation" break, I managed to slap some paint on slightly converted minis, aka the Outriders.

So here is the 9th squad of the Vth company of the Exorcists

The first one has received a bunch of purity seals, because... Exorcists

Exorcists_moto1_1.jpg.84fc38a5da654f28df601c59c9422c7b.jpg

Exorcists_moto1_2.jpg.1a586ecb69d14ce767d2f3cd85e2f441.jpg

The second one is very proud of his Bloodletter trophy

Exorcists_moto2_1.jpg.850dcc54b46faf9f1c0d96aa7b94d88f.jpg

Exorcists_moto2_2.jpg.9fd73a624546d715756614cc66aa47fa.jpg

And finally, here is Brother Khutugh, proud member of the Orison of the burning Chalice.

He 's been modified with a (very) old WHB high Elf shield, a Grey Knight seal and some of the trophies from the old metal Abaddon.

Exorcists_moto3_1.jpg.308ea192bda6d9fceadb05f12e3f0ed4.jpg

Exorcists_moto3_2.jpg.1637e8273a4c30d2e0f338a3d125dbe7.jpg

Hope you like them !

On 1/8/2023 at 3:03 PM, Valkia the Bloody said:

Wow, your work is stunning.

Some really impressive models.

I especially like the work on the faces (showing real expression!) and the armour.

Thank you for these kind words ! I have a group photo, the squad looks nice together.

Exorcists_moto_group.thumb.jpg.f18a61be16d33a0033d4a5921f2238e7.jpg

And a wip of the next character (who doesn't like a primaris lieutenant ;))

Exorcists_lieut_01.jpg.bb0fc0ee595edec4b812fadb4142e788.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2023 at 5:30 PM, Firedrake Cordova said:

I like the kit-bashed leader - very menacing! :smile:

Thanks mate ! I finally tweaked him a little bit and chose a bare head.

I also tackled the Bladeguards from Indomitus. What good minis they are, fitting perfectly in my theme. I changed the head for 3d printed hooded Mk10 helmets (I didn't like the original helmets of BG). I also painted the blades in a lava theme.

image.thumb.jpeg.bf33ab23632bf3ec639c11fef9281f7e.jpeg 

image.jpeg.b5c7837dc5979aea584b9d3fd92e9708.jpeg

image.jpeg.712df30ee9e7002f575391aafd474096.jpeg

Edited by One-eye

Great work on those Bladeguard! Makes me want to get mine out and paint them up.... but I am still unsure I could do them justice.

I also LOVE your magma-blade.

Since my Night Lords carry magma-blades.... I might steal this. So far, I have painted them the other way round, with the bright on the outside. But this looks good. It looks as if it is flowing. Did you paint it  with a brush or with a sponge?

On 1/21/2023 at 3:07 PM, Valkia the Bloody said:

Great work on those Bladeguard! Makes me want to get mine out and paint them up.... but I am still unsure I could do them justice.

I also LOVE your magma-blade.

Since my Night Lords carry magma-blades.... I might steal this. So far, I have painted them the other way round, with the bright on the outside. But this looks good. It looks as if it is flowing. Did you paint it  with a brush or with a sponge?

Thank you Valkia. For the blade, I only used a brush, from light colors in the middle and going darker towards the edges. You can find a lot of tutorials on Youtube, and you should certainly try. It is less difficult than it seems because you don't need a perfect blend (quite the opposite actually).

3 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

Lovely work again, @One-eye. Whilst the lava effect on the sword is impressive, it's the little details like the dusty feet and robe that sell it. :smile:

Thanks mate, actually the robes required more work than the blade :)

Edited by One-eye