World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

If you T1 rush him in then he'll be T1 dead. You might spend a lot of time shooting and killing him but he's not hard to kill. I don't mean to make light of him. He's good. Playable even. But he's a boogie man, don't let the new rules or the revive scare you. Put in the work and kill him. 2 or 3 times at most. The battle report killed him 3 times and that wasn't the most efficient way to do it either.

It's okay for loyalist primarchs to come back alive but not chaos ones. The ones that can actually come back when they are killed in the lore. Got it.

Has anyone started that sky is falling club on here yet? First they make a tank with a missing bottom peice no one will see, now they try to push a new expensive primarch model with playable rules. I might just skip the club and write a letter to my congressmen. I will not stand by idle while my world eater friends are enjoying themselves with their limited models to choose from. The nerve of them... 

47 minutes ago, Wolf Guard Dan said:

Did they run the math on 1v1 situations only? It’s probably more relevant who can take the most multi meltas to the face.

Fwiw 360 points of any dedicated combat unit should flatten most things.

yeah it was 1v1's against angron

and I tend to agree with you, its just total horse crap that the fricken bad guys get cool primarchs and we get trash, i cant wait for the lion to come, i dont care, ill be running him in GK armies. I want a fricken tank of a hero.

15 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It's okay for loyalist primarchs to come back alive but not chaos ones. The ones that can actually come back when they are killed in the lore. Got it.

Has anyone started that sky is falling club on here yet? First they make a tank with a missing bottom peice no one will see, now they try to push a new expensive primarch model with playable rules. I might just skip the club and write a letter to my congressmen. I will not stand by idle while my world eater friends are enjoying themselves with their limited models to choose from. The nerve of them... 

dude, you are missing the point, thats fine for them to enjoy themselves, infact I wouldnt mind vsing World eaters for a change, I may live past turn 2 without being shot.

The point is, the sheer number of cool looking, bosses, absolutely flexing is far and away skewed towards the evil guys.

Angron, Mortarion, Magnus, Ghazgul, Silent King, is that eldar thing a HQ? that model of the year? I dare some some tyrannid HQs as well. Daemon Princes. And to be honest, all those listed are super cool looking models. 

the list goes on. Meanwhile my toughness 4, strength 4... yeah coooooooooool bro. If I wanted to with flimsy wet paper towels, I would of invested into guard. Need I go on?

Not to mention, most of those HQs I listed have access to taking 2-3 warlord traits at once if im not mistaken. Making them even more of a 1 man fricken army.

Edited by Reskin

45 minutes ago, Reskin said:

dude, you are missing the point, thats fine for them to enjoy themselves, infact I wouldnt mind vsing World eaters for a change, I may live past turn 2 without being shot.

The point is, the sheer number of cool looking, bosses, absolutely flexing is far and away skewed towards the evil guys.

Angron, Mortarion, Magnus, Ghazgul, Silent King, is that eldar thing a HQ? that model of the year? I dare some some tyrannid HQs as well. Daemon Princes. And to be honest, all those listed are super cool looking models. 

the list goes on. Meanwhile my toughness 4, strength 4... yeah coooooooooool bro. If I wanted to with flimsy wet paper towels, I would of invested into guard. Need I go on?

Not to mention, most of those HQs I listed have access to taking 2-3 warlord traits at once if im not mistaken. Making them even more of a 1 man fricken army.

Sorry you picked the boring human factions then? I don't know why for the life of me in video games and things like Warhammer where you can play as anything under the sun people flock to the humans (or super humans). We all are (or should be!) the good guys in life. It's fun to escape reality and play the bad guys.

Also only the Daemon Primarchs have multiple warlord traits. The xenos ones don't. There's also this thing called point costs, they attach it to things based on their strength. Big scary monsters take up more points.

A random captain or chapter master is going to be far weaker than a 10,000 year old Daemon Primarch. So their stats and point costs are reflective in that. They would also be weaker than say a chaos lord who's far older that elevated to Daemon Prince or a Monstrous Tyranid Hive Tyrant.

Cave in and join the bad guys!!!

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

2 hours ago, Reskin said:

yeah it was 1v1's against angron

and I tend to agree with you, its just total horse crap that the fricken bad guys get cool primarchs and we get trash, i cant wait for the lion to come, i dont care, ill be running him in GK armies. I want a fricken tank of a hero.

But that doesn't feel true to 40k - at least for me. It feels like a creative mistake as much as a fluff mistake - the tools the imperium has to match the big bads of chaos aren't primarchs, they are knights, titans and other "men and women in tanks/suits/war machines/space ships". A reliance on primarchs (and souped up high lords, increasingly) in either imperial rules or demands for new imperial units just distorts the setting and actually shrinks or removes any genuine sense of the scale or depth of the Imperium. 

15 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

In addition to going into sub-factions which won't have rules, it also doesn't explain exactly why he keeps coming back - contrary to the title - other than he does. It also reflects badly on the fluff, since Angry Ron is meant to come back "eight weeks, eight days, and eight hours later" but ruleswise he can return... next turn, unless you're telling me a game of 40k takes place over several weeks now.

Also the Imperial calendar apparently has more than seven days in it I guess?

The title said learn about why in codex World Eaters. That article isn’t codex world eaters.

and him coming back how he does in game makes sense. The battles you are doing are representing what’s happenings over the course of whatever time frame, and representational of him not being gone for good, and he just keeps coming back.

2 hours ago, Reskin said:

Have you met Marneus Calgar? Walking CP battery, force multiplier, he's been out there fisting swarmlords, avatars, daemon princes, greater daemons, warbosses and recently managed to survive being talon'd of horus which need I remind you is better than Sanguinius managed.

That's on a "t4 S4 wet paper towel", so who is flexing at who exactly? All these big bad guys getting paper towelled to death.

Edited by Mogger351

Envy salt aside, as @INKSmentioned he is not particularly hard to kill. Devastators, Eradicators, Hammernators… loyalists have options.

Angron has a high movement stat but how is he getting a turn 1 charge? Is the opponent deployed all the way at the edge of their deployment zone? Why?

And why are World Eaters the special case for outflanking turn 1? I am not GW, but perhaps it’s so some element of the virtually all-close-combat army can survive to fight? Eightbound are expensive and not hard to kill. Furthermore, what are the odds they will make a 9” charge? Not good. More likely they would use the ability to set themselves up in cover for a turn 2 assault, but they need to be within 6” of the table edge and 9” away from enemy units. It is a cute ability but not really all that worthwhile in every game. Maybe in some maps they could be bait for the enemy to deploy close to the edge of the deployment zone to screen them and thus allow an early charge? Don’t take the bait. Shoot them and they will die.

I think loyalist drop pods and dreadclaws/kharybdis pods are the only units that ignore the turn 1 reserves restriction. So there is parity.

And it’s not on topic but if we’re gonna compare what loyalists get to what chaos marines get, I’m sure we could tit for tat 

ad nauseum.

Edited by Khornestar

Genecult have the same rule for strategic reserves available to them.

And yeah anyone who deploys on the line against a World Eaters player is either a fool or another close combat monster.

Has anyone seen the stat lines on zerks yet?  What's their close combat loadout look like.  Feel like everyone talks about the eightbound but I'm interested in the bread and butter of the codex.

16 minutes ago, Blight1 said:

Genecult have the same rule for strategic reserves available to them.

And yeah anyone who deploys on the line against a World Eaters player is either a fool or another close combat monster.

Has anyone seen the stat lines on zerks yet?  What's their close combat loadout look like.  Feel like everyone talks about the eightbound but I'm interested in the bread and butter of the codex.

Supposedly:

Chainblades: the same profile as they are now: S: User (S5, S6 on the charge) AP: -2 1 damage

Their eviscerators: S: +3 (So S8, S9 on the charge) AP: -4 2 damage, no -1 to hit

Marines, and Grey knights especially really funnel the Beowulf archetype of standing up to big monsters five times their size rather than being those monsters themselves, (well, relatively lol) thats part of why the GK baby carrier was such a bad design idea. Primarchs are the exception to some extent but they broadly fit into the same mould, just even more exaggerated, like a Hercules :D 

But yeah, Chaos, Nids, Orks (Roughly in that order) lean right into big monsters and the Eldar ones are just Greater daemons with some thin veils :D So they are going to get the biggest, meanest abominations :D  

2 hours ago, Nephaston said:

Makes sense to feather out the release, because the combat patrol might just break their webstore judging by how well received it was.

But I want it nooow...

Have seen a confident rumor that it will be up for preorder by the end of Feb at the latest, take that with salt/as you see fit. 

I’m waiting to buy my 2. But may order Angron next week. :D

Where is my patrol! WHERE! also 15 dice. I know this is there new std but it stinks. 20 dice for that price.

Still I need 8b, jackhals. both arks of omen books, codex, probably dice (shakes fist), cards and finally codex (special edition?) I then I wait on the patrol box.

@INKS you don't need those dice....just go buy some nice red/gold Chessex and with the money you save you can probably afford the patrol box :tongue:... GW dice are for Fanboi's & Kool aid drinkers only, anyone that can pay that amount of money for 15 dice is either foolish or Filthy rich :laugh:.

Yeah I'm waiting for the patrol box... not going to pay full price for the separate boxes...patience earns Dollar$... 

++EDIT++ except for Angron... he's not coming in a box so the Codex & Angron are in my sights :wub:

Looks Like Coins For the Coin Throne (also known as GW Shareholders :tongue:)

M. 

Edited by Mumeishi

I am foolish. But I'll probably pass on the dice. I've got like 200 worth of books to buy. I missed the first AoO book  so now there are 2 - I am likely to just put these on hold for now

plus a new codex. I like the books., I LOVE boarding actions. But I would rather have models to paint and build.

I am looking at codex plus 2-3 boxes of 8B right now. I adjusted my list and don't need the extra Jakhals. And I am waiting on the patrol as well. 

I like the dice a lot. It certainly is an absurd amount of money to pay for 15 dice but I’m here for it, hopefully can sell some oldmarine kit or something to pay for ‘em. They will hopefully roll many 6’s to take many skulls.

Those eightbound are gonna be the big expenditure for this army. Ouch.

Edited by Khornestar