World Eaters Points/Rules leaks

1 hour ago, Orange Knight said:

I understand that some people aren't entirely satisfied with this new codex, be it due to the cost of units or the reduction in options and stratagems. 

It's worth remembering that 10th edition should be coming within the year, so the balance of the meta will shift once again.

For me personally it has much less to do with costs, stratagems or the meta. I just don't like tiny army lists with little room for variety, which is sadly the direction GW have been going in for a while now.

2 hours ago, Tymell said:

For me personally it has much less to do with costs, stratagems or the meta. I just don't like tiny army lists with little room for variety, which is sadly the direction GW have been going in for a while now.

But that isn't really the direction - not since about 2016/17 and the micro factions of AoS's first edition (mostly merged into bigger ones since 2nd) and Thousand Sons. Where that has occurred since (lumineth and kruleboyz), it was a release wave and not really a micro faction (lumineth) or a range within a larger faction (kruleboyz, the new savage orks, black templars, etc) - alongside full refreshes (sisters, cadians). World Eaters feels very much of a piece with Thousand Sons or Fyreslayers or Deepkin, released all those years ago, rather than the big range additions or refreshes we have seen since.

From the reviews this really sounds like it was made long the 8th edition thousand sons and death guard, with some tweaks for 9th.

Mono warlord trait and relic. No subfactions. Really little build variety. I'm sure it's still fun, but it has a very narrow scope.

As to the "subfactions don't need subfactions". Codex chapters are 1000 Marines and have subfaction rules for them; legions are way bigger and have warbands of that size, but...shouldn't? 

I don't particularly mind the narrow scope, at least right now. It forces you to get your bread and butter in order, which may not exactly be a bad thing for a Codex coming out 5 months before an edition change.

As long as you aren't foolish and go all in with like max Eightbound/Exalted Eightbound right now, instead building out a sensible core, pretty much anything you have will survive and be useful into 10E.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

34 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

As long as you aren't foolish and go all in with like max Eightbound/Exalted Eightbound right now, instead building out a sensible core, pretty much anything you have will survive and be useful into 10E.

Guarantee you there will be plenty of folks going all-in. :laugh:

At the very least, lots of people will want to try out the new army of renown. And new models are neat.

My guess for the lack of inclusion of Red Butchers as a dedicated unit is GW wants people to buy more Khorney Possessed. Once the hype cools down, World Eaters will get their special Terminators.

9 minutes ago, phandaal said:

Guarantee you there will be plenty of folks going all-in. :laugh:

At the very least, lots of people will want to try out the new army of renown. And new models are neat.

My guess for the lack of inclusion of Red Butchers as a dedicated unit is GW wants people to buy more Khorney Possessed. Once the hype cools down, World Eaters will get their special Terminators.

If they're experienced players, then they can do what they want. It's just not wise, but it's not like I'm going to stop them from doing what they want :laugh:

I'd love to try out the new Army of Renown, but I don't think it's really a good way to go until we see things stabilize a bit even in the mid term.

It is another thing if they're all in on maxing out Eightbound because they love the army and the miniatures. Then they're a fool and they're proud of it, and I'm okay with that :laugh:They have a different motivation at that point than maxing it out because the rules are temporally good, or that spamming them looks like the right thing to do at this moment in time.

I do hope we get a second wave of units in 10E, I think it'd go a long way for the faction.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion
added a paragraph

On 1/30/2023 at 4:29 AM, Khornestar said:

I like the dice a lot. It certainly is an absurd amount of money to pay for 15 dice but I’m here for it, hopefully can sell some oldmarine kit or something to pay for ‘em. They will hopefully roll many 6’s to take many skulls.

Those eightbound are gonna be the big expenditure for this army. Ouch.

I'll be getting the dice. I want a future World Eaters army when it gets a real release and not a half Codex and I'd hate to not have the dice when that time comes.

Edited by Captain Idaho

8 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

But that isn't really the direction - not since about 2016/17 and the micro factions of AoS's first edition (mostly merged into bigger ones since 2nd) and Thousand Sons. Where that has occurred since (lumineth and kruleboyz), it was a release wave and not really a micro faction (lumineth) or a range within a larger faction (kruleboyz, the new savage orks, black templars, etc) - alongside full refreshes (sisters, cadians). World Eaters feels very much of a piece with Thousand Sons or Fyreslayers or Deepkin, released all those years ago, rather than the big range additions or refreshes we have seen since.

I'm talking more about "new" armies than refreshes/additions, like how pitiful the Leagues of Votann roster is. You're right that it might not be accurate to call it a true trend of recent years, but regardless, over time it's happened more often than I would like.

Anywho, aside from any quibbling about wider/longer trends, the scope of the World Eaters army list is still a substantial let-down for me.

I’m sad there isn’t Zerkers on Juggs.

It does seem weird they have given them so little, when we know they have lore having guys running around with a heavy bolter and such.

For the most part, I’m probably not going to buy anything except Angron when I get around to buying anything for the new codex, but that’s mainly because I had bought stuff before to turn into Berzerkers  (AoS bloodwarriors to convert up,) and blood reavers (to convert up into Khorne Cultists. Which will now be Jakhyls*.) I also will likely make bloodcrushers with Zerkers on them just for looks sake (and then if they get a new codex in a couple years and add Zerks on Juggs I’ll already have them, plus could then use them for if I play any older editions of the game.

Just seems weird to me to remove so much from being useable by WE now, when they had more than enough time to limit what could be used before when they made the new C:CSM to get people used to it. 

At this point, I'm just running all of my characters as Masters of Execution.

Chaos Lord? Master of Execution.

Converted Berzerker Surgeon? Master of Execution.

Terminator Lord? Master of Execution.

I suppose the benefit of this is that our characters on 40mm bases can literally be anything at this point as there's only one thing they can actually be.

7 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

I wouldn't hold your breath; those cool units aren't in the dex, we won't see them for many years.

Be great to be proven wrong..

I wouldnt bet on it, certainly in AoS some Elves got nearly annual codexes, and though people griped on online, if they sold then i wouldnt be surprised to see it for 40k too, though id probably expect squats first.

On 2/6/2023 at 6:52 AM, Muck1ng said:

From all what I've seen online I can't use my new shiny Lord in Terminator armour i got with my Warhammer Plus Subscription?...   What the hell GW

I didn't think he was supposed to be a Lord. I think he's just a Chaos terminator.

In the 'Key Features', it says

• Field this Chaos Terminator Lord as an HQ choice for your Chaos Space Marine and World Eater armies in Warhammer 40,000

And then in the description

Chaos Lords fight from the front, and few armours enable them to do so as effectively as Terminator plate. Formidably resilient, such a suit protects the Lord against all but the most devastating firepower and enables him to deploy by teleportation right into the heart of the foe. Nowhere are these attributes more welcome than with the bloodthirsty World Eaters – allowing them to focus on reaping a great harvest of skulls for the Skull Throne.

So I do think it's quite clear they intended him as a Chaos Lord.

On 2/6/2023 at 6:23 PM, WrathOfTheLion said:

In the 'Key Features', it says

And then in the description

So I do think it's quite clear they intended him as a Chaos Lord.

I hadn't seen that (and the box it comes in says nothing about being a chaos lord,) but to be fair I did have a major issue with mywarhammer account. I bought my sub through iTunes, and even though I have Warhammer+ (for 2 years now since it first became available,) it didn't properly recognize me as having a 2nd year sub so on MyWarhammer. So it doesn't give me the option to order that mini, so I didn't see that webstore page... I actually had to contact customer service and they had sent me one out. Like it still doesn't show on MyWarhammer account that I can choose it, only the year one model.

Tthe box for him just says Chaos Space Marines World Eaters Terminator Azrakh the Annihilator...

Now thinking about that I had that issue, I should probably contact them again to make sure I am in the entries for the giveaways linked to having an active warhammer+ subscription...

6 hours ago, Harleqvin said:

I hadn't seen that (and the box it comes in says nothing about being a chaos lord,) but to be fair I did have a major issue with mywarhammer account. I bought my sub through iTunes, and even though I have Warhammer+ (for 2 years now since it first became available,) it didn't properly recognize me as having a 2nd year sub so on MyWarhammer. So it doesn't give me the option to order that mini, so I didn't see that webstore page... I actually had to contact customer service and they had sent me one out. Like it still doesn't show on MyWarhammer account that I can choose it, only the year one model.

Tthe box for him just says Chaos Space Marines World Eaters Terminator Azrakh the Annihilator...

Now thinking about that I had that issue, I should probably contact them again to make sure I am in the entries for the giveaways linked to having an active warhammer+ subscription...

Yeah, that definitely obstructs reading it. I think you can still find it on the website (I tested with a browser not signed in) https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/world-eater-azrakh-the-annihilator-2022, everything I posted is public there.

As for your previous statement on indexes and all, that's why I only bought the normal codex with this one. It will give me army shots, and a little bit of time to play with it. I didn't go out and pick up the collector's edition or the cards or any of that.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:53 AM, WrathOfTheLion said:

Yeah, that definitely obstructs reading it. I think you can still find it on the website (I tested with a browser not signed in) https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/world-eater-azrakh-the-annihilator-2022, everything I posted is public there.

As for your previous statement on indexes and all, that's why I only bought the normal codex with this one. It will give me army shots, and a little bit of time to play with it. I didn't go out and pick up the collector's edition or the cards or any of that.

funny you mention web browser. I am actually having issues with my PC, or i should say specifically Firefox on my PC. GW and FW webstore aren't redirecting correctly and I can't view them. Also, issues with MyWarhammer but I can see it but keep getting errors and it won't do anything (so I can't watch Warhammer TV on Firefox.) So I have to use Chrome for that right now... Just annoying as I like Firefox, and hate having to use multiple browsers to view stuff on the net...
IT's really weird as it also seems an issue only for me...

I am surprised the limited editions are when they aren't really worth it anymore. Like it hasn't been worth it since maybe 7th ed.
I do still plan to get the basic codex for WE myself, even though with that Rumor there is the chance it may become obsolete really quick...

On 2/5/2023 at 2:59 PM, SkimaskMohawk said:

As to the "subfactions don't need subfactions". Codex chapters are 1000 Marines and have subfaction rules for them; legions are way bigger and have warbands of that size, but...shouldn't? 

You will be amazed but there’s 990,000 loyalists space marines regrouped in what we call successors chapters and they usually use the same subfaction rules as their parent chapter.

9 hours ago, Brother Borgia said:

You will be amazed but there’s 990,000 loyalists space marines regrouped in what we call successors chapters and they usually use the same subfaction rules as their parent chapter.

I'm amazed at your post. The Marines in the lore use the same...subfaction game rules as their primogenitors?