Vashtorr the Arkifane

:cuss: me thats a stunning mini!! 

The face looks comical with the round eyes and mouth but it also looks creepy and unnerving at the same time.

Edited by Slave to Darkness

5 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Vashtorr could also just have a femme voice, i mean it might be sexless but it could have a gender to express. 

Who (or what) is Sa'Ra'Um though? My search fu is only bringing up Raum (And a tonne of random guff)

It’s Sa’ra’am, the Khorne daemon in the centre of Sarum. 

Pretty sweet, not gonna lie, will definitely pick one up to use as a black mace Daemon Prince for my Iron Warriors, shame that he was the only reveal, would have loved to see some Dark Mech, even if it was just some techno zombies or something, but I guess that'll come in due time next year.

1 hour ago, fire golem said:

It’s Sa’ra’am, the Khorne daemon in the centre of Sarum. 

Sorry for mispelling it. It has been a while since I read STD. I didn't twig that it was a Khorne daemon, I thought it was something more independent. Sa'ra'am claims to have been created when the first mortal made a tool with the purpose of taking another life.

1 hour ago, Karhedron said:

Sorry for mispelling it. It has been a while since I read STD. I didn't twig that it was a Khorne daemon, I thought it was something more independent. Sa'ra'am claims to have been created when the first mortal made a tool with the purpose of taking another life.

I didn’t know it off the top of my head, I looked up Sarum and found it on the wiki page, so no worries. The Khorne part was from there too so might not be 100% accurate. That creation could be Khornate though, or independent. 

14 hours ago, Captain Smashy Pants said:

So will this guy herald an eventual Dark Mechanicum release or is he just a cool character you can add to a CSM force?

That would be awesome but GW doesnt seem to do much with Dark Mechanicum it seems. Just a sprinkling here and there.

The Warcom article doesnt indicate anything about this being a reboot or even being directly tied to the Dark Mechanicum.

I'm actually glad he's a cool deamon guy and not Dark Mechanicum. Dark mech are being worked on for 30k at least we know that from articles about the Liber Mechanicum on WarCom and it would be a shame if they went full cyber deamon instead of forbidden cybernetic body horror and AI monstrosities.

4 hours ago, Cryptix said:

I wonder who's older, Drach'nyen or Vashtorr? The first murder or the first inventive thought.

Although fluff might be different, it makes sense it would be murder. Base urges before sentience in the species etc.

However, Master of Mankind details the first murder doesn't it? Which seems to be after the whole sentience thing. Not the Emperor's connected murdered father, I just seem to remember it mentioning the first murder from humanity but I can't remember now!

I suppose for it to be murder it would have to in a sentient animal?

Getting philosophical but yes I think it'll be Inventive thought. Odd that would corsage a Daemon mind.

Edited by Captain Idaho

13 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

Although fluff might be different, it makes sense it would be murder. Base urges before sentience in the species etc.

Drach'nyen was born in the first human on human murder. Vashtorr is far older and not bound to humanity. He was arround and got a big boost by the Necrons doing the Biotransfer. And I would guess he is even older.

53 minutes ago, Metzombie said:

Vashtorr is far older and not bound to humanity. He was arround and got a big boost by the Necrons doing the Biotransfer. And I would guess he is even older.

That's a really interesting bit of lore - where does it come from, out of interest? Seeing as Vashtorr's a seemingly new character in 40k, there can't be too much info out there about it/him. 

2 hours ago, firestorm40k said:

That's a really interesting bit of lore - where does it come from, out of interest? Seeing as Vashtorr's a seemingly new character in 40k, there can't be too much info out there about it/him. 

Mostly from the Preview Stream. They talked about what gives it power and mentioned the biotransfer and some other things. 

4 minutes ago, Metzombie said:

Mostly from the Preview Stream. They talked about what gives it power and mentioned the biotransfer and some other things. 

Thanks - I watched the video with Wade, but didn't catch the actual live stream, so that was very helpful, thank you :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Lexington said:

I feel like it's very weird for this guy to be Unaligned, when everything from his background seems to sit firmly in Tzeentch's court.

It’s always what confuses me about “fifth god” thing. The given reason always fits in another God’s realm

When he becomes a god, Iron Hands are his Chaos Marines.

Actually, with him around, Ferrus of the Damned coming back makes a lot of sense. A tug-of-war conflict for the future of the Gorgon's Brood.

Edited by Kastor Krieg

On 11/21/2022 at 1:19 PM, Kastor Krieg said:

When he becomes a god, Iron Hands are his Chaos Marines.

Actually, with him around, Ferrus of the Damned coming back makes a lot of sense. A tug-of-war conflict for the future of the Gorgon's Brood.

That sounds way more interesting than anything GW is willing to do for Iron Hands.

Demons of the Forge of Souls sounds awesome, it's been one of the things I wanted to see since I read that it was neutral ground in the great game of chaos in like 6th Ed. I'm down to see what GW does with Vashtorr and possibly a DarkMech faction in the future, the mini is brilliant and positively gnarly.

• 2 months later...

Some more interesting Tidbits in today's article

Such is the value of Vashtorr’s industry that the four great Chaos Gods fear the consequences of moving against him – after all, he could simply begin arming their rivals in the Great Game. This fragile balance has given the Arkifane the leeway to amass more power than most other warp entities, and even Be’lakor, who holds no small measure of contempt for the industrious demigod, hesitates to take overt action against his rival.

As for what Vashtorr wants – none can say, save the Soul Forge King himself. Yet his quest for the relics gathered by his Arks of Omen can be for no small ritual – and he’s even willing to challenge the Dark Angels in the heart of their own fortress to get what he wants.

Also this rad piece of artwork:

VashtorrLore Jan30 Vashtorr