Pile of Shame - How big and tall is yours?

Bouargh

As te concept resumed in various posts I open this topic just to ask you (and also to feel myself better/less shame) what is in your Pile of Shame/how high is it?

Mine is mainly:

1. 750 Pts of Admech Skitarris

2. 2 Custom vehicles / Kit Bashed: a LR for HH Taghmatha (Mechanicus) + 1 proxy Carnodon

3. a Black Guardian (Ulthwee) army in spare parts I gathered for the Eye of Terror Campaign... in 2003

4. A full Empire army (8000 pts) for WFB in the World that Was... 

5. A ful Dwarf army (2000 pts) for WFB in the World that Was...

I suceeded in cleaning up all the SM, CSM and SW during the Lock-out... but it remains so many things to be done

Edited by Bouargh

My Pile of Potential runs deep into the darkest depths of the alcove beside my desk. Inside one will find many treasures waiting for their time, including...

3x Repulsors (Conquest was such a bargain.)

1x Impulsor
1x Stormspeeder

3x (maybe 4) Rhinos

2x Land Raiders

A Whirlwind Scorpius

A bike squad

A lot of made to order first born characters (Chaplains, Librarians, various Ultramarines...)

A lot of LE commerative serise models

And that's what I can remember off the top of my head. I'm very much of the opinion that everything will have its time eventually. For example, the new Ultramarines list I'm working mostly came from the pile of potential (15 assault intercessors, 10x incursors, A techmarine and Repulsor Executioner), was already built (5x assault terminators, Victrix Guard), or in the case of Guilliman, painted. The only 'new' thing I bought was a 2nd hand, unpainted Volkite Kratos since I was offered it for £35.

Ah, the various hoardings that we as hobbyists get up to. Below is a quick snap of about one-third of my various projects and hoarding. Some of it is still wrapped in cellophane, others are condensed contents, some of them are bits-boxes filled with various resin and plastic pieces, and nearly all of it is unpainted.

There are times where I think I should sell some of it, try to recoup some cash, but the "collector" in me always feels like I'd regret doing it...

IMG_0036.thumb.jpg.bb1b144b89d59b7f8457246766a6c210.jpg

Off the top of my head, what I can remember...

on the workbench:

• 10 converted flayed ones

everything else:

• 4 assault marines
  • 5 metal necron immortals
  • 10 2nd gen metal warriors
  • 6 primaris assault intercessors of various allegiances
  • 1 company veteran
  • 1 space marine heroes model
  • 3 scout bikes
  • 2 outriders
  • a drop pod
  • a converted ghost/skorpius ark
  • two rhinos
  • 3 land speeders
  • a monolith (old)
  • a in-re-construction ghost ark
  • indomitus captain
  • 3 bladeguard
  • bladeguard ancient
  • Szarekh (in conversion process)
  • triarch stalker in re-construction
  • triarch stalker armiger conversion
  • 3rd party thunderfire cannon
  • reworking an old war-walker-to-venerable-dread conversion (better paint job, mainly)

probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. Right now I'm working through the infantry at the top of the list. Emperor knows what I'll be working on afterwards though XD

ETA: 3 Eradicators

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

54 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

Ah, the various hoardings that we as hobbyists get up to.

There are times where I think I should sell some of it, try to recoup some cash, but the "collector" in me always feels like I'd regret doing it...

I think the line between “collector” and “hoarder” is crossed when the pile gets so high it is in danger of falling and injuring the “collector”. Yours looks tall but secure?

1 hour ago, m_r_parker said:

Ah, the various hoardings that we as hobbyists get up to. Below is a quick snap of about one-third of my various projects and hoarding. Some of it is still wrapped in cellophane, others are condensed contents, some of them are bits-boxes filled with various resin and plastic pieces, and nearly all of it is unpainted.

giphy.gif

At 6 or so 'legal boxes' of unboxed sprues, I was worried. I am thankful brother you have put me to shame.

1 hour ago, LameBeard said:

I think the line between “collector” and “hoarder” is crossed when the pile gets so high it is in danger of falling and injuring the “collector”. Yours looks tall but secure?

I mean, the boxes are now wedged in against the ceiling - so that makes it secure, right?...

My piles of shame are also getting out of hand. I am considering painting up what I will not use and try to list them on Ebay or something like that. I have boxes for Admech, Space Marines, Aeldari, Orks, Blood Bowl teams, terrain, Necrons from the Imperium magazine and a few extra odds and ends.

Heavypile.jpg

13 hours ago, m_r_parker said:

Just... Whoa.

But the real question might be: is this a structural wall of boxes and crates that is really suporting the ceiling?

No photos of mine and it is clearly not as impressive as M_R_Parkers but off the top of my head:

A lot of this is in the loft so I am going on memory

Indomiutus

pretty much all of conquest and in some case multiple issues (a lot of pox walkers!)

betrayal at Calth and now Age of darkness to join it - built 5 tacticals but had raided my bits boxes to get robed bodies/ any other mk 3/4 bits in regular marines to add to this

Deathstorm (BA/Nids box - I think this was the name)

Space hulk

Kill team: Octarius

Prophecy of the wolf

fist of the omisisiah and ad mech combat patrol/start collecting  - 2 skittari built 

old eldar battleforce, similar with catachans and necrons  (4th edition ones I think)

multiple Rhinos/whirlwinds plus 3 or 4 land raiders

50+ Ravenwing old style bikers/attack bikes plus at least 3 boxes of black knights

50+ Terminators - most of these are at least built, though a lot could do with some TLC as they were hastily converted by a less experienced me

2x IK Renegade, 4 Armigers, 1x castellan (I really want to start this project but keep holding back as they're pretty daunting to decide on a scheme plus I have no idea where I will store them when built)

Most of Imperium - again multiple copies of some stuff 

30 metal diazettes, I can't remember how many seekers

Lots of random characters/limited editions (short run/store birthday/Black library models etc)

Orks! - at least 60 plus boyz lootas/burnas/nobz/gretchin - I'd say at least 100 models and some random vehicles. I've actually made a fair dent in my Orks over the last few years and this is what is left.

There is probably more

Horus heresy plastics that I am working through now.

1500 plastic sisters that I bought when last years xmas force came out.

1000 pts of metal necrons.

Army of primaris marines that is mostly just the guys from the last two starter sets (the nurgle and necrons are painted!).

Various unpainted units for the following:

orks

krieg

deathwatch

admech

chaos

general eldar

harlequins

Warcry, Blackstone Fortress expansions and cursed city stuff.  

I have some kind of painted army for most 40k factions.   There might be more that I am forgetting.

Realistically it would take me two years to get through this at my current rate, assuming I don't buy any more 'deals' on ebay.

Mine looks something like this:

excuses_11_06_wardrobe-1024x768.thumb.jpg.ccb894353185d73e4e4c04fe9a64a17e.jpg

If you went through it you would find, in no particular order:

Lots of Space Marines - firstborn bits and eBay rescues, DA side of the Dark Vengeance box, a few Rhinos/Predators/etc, Primaris kits inc the Shieldbreaker and Indomitus boxes

The Necron half of the Indomitus box

The Nurgle half of the Elite starter box

Some old Guard - metal Catachans & Kasrkin, some old plastic Cadians (new Cadian box on the way), a near-complete box of Imperial Army plastics from forever ago

A handful of Ork bits, inc some old metal models

Some assorted classic Chaos bits

Most of the limited/collector's ed models from the last few years.

Various other stuff that I've picked up over time.

Oh, HH2.0/Rhino/Sicaran

Some assorted Fantasy bits I had as a kid.

edit: Start Collecting Seraphon!

Edited by pawl

• 4.1k BA
  • 0.4k Deamons
  • 2.3k Eldar
  • 1.1k Guard
  • 1.2k Orks
  • Tyranid part of Space Hulk
  • Lots of terrain
Spoiler

2.5k Dark Elves (WFB)

Talisman

Hmm, could have sworn I had more than that...

Edited by Jolemai

1 hour ago, Halandaar said:

What qualifies for the pile of shame? Anything still on the sprue? Or anything that hasn't been painted?

Anything on sprue, half assembled or half painted and essentially waiting to be used one day... maybe

Things that are not accounting are stuff that used to be and fell from use, such as old armies...

Funnily enough I've been thinking of this topic after having a real cull of my collection. I've decided I want to get as close to fully painted as possible, with only the 'next' project unpainted - We'll see how that goes!

This was already in the works but it seems like good timing to plug it here...  I'm starting a pile of shame board challenge if anyone is interested !

So please excuse the state of my hobby area, it's shoved in to the corner of our outhouse (next year we're hoping to build an extension and do some further improvements so I should have a neater looking dedicated hobby area..!

IMG_20221122_203758.thumb.jpg.82c6536c503eaac1f46fa2215933b21d.jpg

First up, in these boxes, as well as non GW stuff, we have:
- Chaos Space Marines (highlighted red) (approx 1750) - mostly bought in 2019 when they had their first wave of new miniatures 
- Firstborn Marines (highlighted green) (over 4,000 points worth, which I amassed between 2018-2021 for a future project - think one of those displays you see at Warhammer World (just need to wait for teenage/grownup children to move out and claim their rooms for it :laugh:))
- assembled, unpainted Sector Mechanicum terrain (highlighted blue) 
- Phobos and Blooded Kill Teams from Moroch set

- oh yeah, and a few Ltd Ed minis like the Warhammer+ ones :teehee:

You've probably spotted the Space Marine Heroes and AI Xyphon Interceptors there too... :whistling:

Under my hobby desk there's several Aegis Defence line sets, Necromunda Zone Mortalis Tiles, Aeronautica Imperialis starter set (the one with Tau - assembled, still unpainted after 2 years), and a Necromunda Gang Stronghold. 

IMG_20221122_203823_edit_345547157612377.thumb.jpg.3bce5fbb8ce9662bd6e8dea2078f5c6a.jpg

Second 'stack' - mix of assembled terrain pieces and projects in boxes waiting to be painted, and new stuff including:
- (almost) everything from Imperium Magazine so far, so Necrons, Marines, Ad Mech, Sororitas (two Assault Intercessor squads and a Primaris Lieutenant have justade their way on to my hobby desk to be assembled)
- Rhino & Kratos for Heresy
- Sealed Hammerfall Bunker in box
- box of Rampart City Ruin terrain from that Kickstarter

I also have in a bureau, next to my hobby area, boxes with AoS Stormcast and Nighthaunt from Mortal Realms magazine in, as well as the terrain from the Moroch set.

Then there are two other(!) smaller stacks of boxes tucked in a corner of our lounge, one box has got various terrain stuff that needs painting like the old crashed Aquila from Battle for Macragge, and some of the newer Necromunda bulkheads and barricades; there's Kill Team Octarius in another; then another box with 4 Kill Team terrain sets - 2 each of the Sector Mechanicum and Sector Munitorum sets, plus some additional pieces from Conquest & Imperium Magazines.

Then (!) upstairs I've got Necromunda Dark Uprising (I've built the Zone Mortalis terrain but haven't touched the Enforcers or Corpse Grinders), and the Primaris halves of all three 8th Edition 40k Starter sets.

I think I've enough stuff to keep me going a couple of years, at least... :rolleyes::biggrin:

Edited by firestorm40k

Mine is actually improving, which feels good:

• 3 deimos rhinos
  • 1 Sicaran
  • 5 night Raptors
  • Konrad Curze
  • Vigilator
  • 5 Contekar terminators
  • The Age of Darkness boxset, bar a praetor and the Spartan which I have painted.
  • Several non-forum projects but nothing of the same size as my Heresy stuff.

It seems a whole lot worse when it's all written out but I am learning to lean into the hobby butterfly and just focus on what I'm enjoying and Heresy is where my mojo is right now and I'm making some great progress.

VWkVHtm.jpg

Of the boxes shown, I can say only the baneblade, Space Marine Megaforce and IA:Wings of Vengeance are completely done.  I know I also have a few bikes and Land Speeders that half done sitting in bitz boxes.

On further Edit: I'm glad this thread exists, cause whew, I'm feeling much better about my stack already :D

Edited by NovemberIX
formatting.

Honestly? Between the various 40k and Gundam stuff, I really don't want to know for certain. Because then I'll start adding it all up and realizing how much money I've spent on it over the years. At this point, it's taken over the closet in the hobby room and is slowly taking over the rest of it.

Ballpark guess? 

40k:

Probably the company of space marines that I have always said I would have by the time I was done, if not 2

Various Guard and I think I have a few deathwatch kits that I bought as shelving displays because I liked them

A good start on a tau army

Various Blood Angel, Chaos, and Grey Knight kits I got for bitz

Gundam:

I've lost count of how many Master Grades, several high grades, 1 Perfect Grade, and 1 Mega Grade

I know the last bit is not exactly board relevant, but it's still in my backlog

I don’t have a pile of shame because I have clipped most of my minis off the sprue and put the parts into tackle boxes so what I actually have have are a dozen very, very extensive, well organised bits boxes. However, because of the quantity of plastic stored in those boxes, my backlog is also extensive, embarrassingly so.

21 hours ago, SpaceDwalin said:

My oldest... I brought blood bowl second edition and original dungeonbowl, new, when they came out. So I have a human team, an Ork team, a dwarf team and an elf team.

So far I have painted 2 elves, one Ork and started a human...

So you are comfortably painting at the rate of one model a decade. I feel a kinship.

Here's my Blood Angels and Nids from their respective site sections!

Tyranids

Spoiler

On 7/29/2020 at 1:19 PM, Xenith said:

On my list:

Unpainted

HQ
1x Tervigon
3x
2x Hive Tyrant/Swarm Lord
2x 1x Deathstorm Brood Lords
1x SH Brood Lord
1x Genestealer Patriarch

Elites
Metal Lictor (3rd ed model)
3 Zoan/Venomthropes

1x Haruspex/Exocrine
Finecast Lictor (4th Ed model)
6x 3x Hive Guard
3x Metal Tyrant Guard
1x Maleceptor
6x 3x Venomthropes

Troops
32x 28x Termagants
31x 86x 74x Hormagaunts
20x Space Hulk 2nd Ed Stealers
22x Space Hulk 3rd ed Stealers
24x 16x Deathstorm Stealers
12x Warriors

Fast Attack
15x 12x 20x Spore Mines
6x Raveners

1x Parasite
33x 23x Gargoyles
1x Mucolid Spore

Heavy Support
3x Biovores
1x Mawloc
2x 1x Tyrannofex/Tervigon
3x 4x Carnifex (Deathstorm)

Transport
1x Tyrannocyte

Flyers
1x Harpy/Hive Crone

Painted but Need repainting to my new scheme:

Reveal hidden contents

HQ

Hive Tyrant Conversion

Elites

Lictor Conversion

Troops

12 Gants

8 Gaunts

3 Warriors

6 Ripper Bases

Fast Attack

1 Ravener

3 Spore Mines

Heavy Support

1 Biovore

Flyers

"Pile of Potential" Link. 

https://pileofpotential.com/Xenith

Blood Angels

On 11/20/2016 at 7:51 PM, Xenith said:

Ok, so the threat of my Beloved Thousand Sons on the horizon has made me take stock of how much BA I have in boxes, and how much I have to paint.

So, in loose force order:

HQ

FirstBorn

1x Vanguard Librarian

1x Vanguard Lieutenant

Rhino Primaris

1x Land Raider Exelsior

1x Sanguinius

1x Proto Tycho captain
1x Special Ed metal combi melta power axe captain
1x Web special power fist captain

2x Calth captain in TDA

2x Calth chaplain

1x 2nd Ed metal libby

1x Captain Karlaen in TDA

1x Space Marine Heroes Captain in TDA

2x Store opening captain in TDA

1x Old metal captain in TDA

1x Deathwatch captain Artemis

1x Plastic BA librarian in TDA
1x Space hulk Librarian in TDA

1x Store opening Chaplain in TDA

1x Chaplain Tarentus in TDA

Primaris

1x Primaris Mephiston

1x Captain in Gravis Armour

1x Vanguard Phobos Captain

3x Primaris Lieutenants

1x Lt Calsius

2x 1x Indomitus Captain

2x 4x Indomitus Lt

2x 1x Indomitus Chaplain

1x Warhammer Imperium Captain

Troops

25x 5x tactical marine bodies

40x 2nd ed push fit plastic marines
10x multi part 2nd ed plastic tacticals
20x dark vengeance tacticals
20x black reach tacticals
70x mk4 Tactical Marines from B@C
10x metal bp ccw scouts
8x metal shotgun scouts
13x 8x metal sniper scouts
15x plastic sniper scouts

5x plastic bolter scouts

2x Imperial Space Marine

Primaris

10x 5x Vanguard Infiltrators

10x 5x Vanguard Incursors

20x Intercessors

20x Assault Intercessors

6x WI Assault Intercessors

Elite
10x Vanguard Veterans

10x 5x sanguinary guard
1x plastic venerable dreadnought

2x Plastic Furioso Dread
3x 2x Old metal dread
3x black reach dreads
2x 1x BaC contemptor dreads
10x cataphractii Terminators
5x Tartaros Terms

11x space hulk terms
23x various dark vengeance, black reach, multipart terms

1x Space Marine Heroes term Ancient

18x 13x Space Marine Heroes terminators

5x metal sternguard

5x Deathwatch Veterans (Sternguard)

5x Death Company

1x Blood Angels Leviathan Dread

1x Blood Angels FW Contemptor Dread

1x Metal apothecary
1x Metal standard bearer

Primaris

1x Invictor Tactical Warsuit

1x Primaris Ancient

5x Reivers

6x 3x Bladeguard Veterans

2x Bladeguard Ancient

2x Judiciar

3x MPK Aggressors

6x Flamestorm Aggressors

2x 1x Redemptor Dreads

Fast Attack

5x assault marines

5x assault marines

3x 2x plastic landspeeders

3x 2x plastic attack bikes

1x 2nd ed Landspeeder

6x dark vengeance bikes

Primaris

6x Bolter Inceptors

3x [Plasma] Inceptors

9x 6x Primaris Outriders

1x Invader ATV

Heavy Support

1x Vindicator
1x Metal Baal predator (Asscan/HVB)

1x Land Raider Proteus

1x plastic baal, triple flame

1x Metal auto las predator

1x Hunter/Stalker

1x Sicaran Venator

5x 2nd ed metal devastator marines

1x Metal vindicator

1x Predator Destructor

1x Predator Annihilator

1x Land raider Phobos

1x Deredeo Dread

Primaris

3x Vanguard Eliminators

6x 3x Primaris Eradicators

3x Vanguard Suppressors

5x Hellblasters

Aircraft

1x Stormhawk Interceptor

1x Storm Raven

1x Storm Talon

Transports:

1x Landspeeder Storm

1x Razorback

5x Rhino Chassis

3x Drop Pods

That's all off the top of my head, there may be more.

Reveal hidden contents

That's also just my Blood Angels...

Just a few things then.