Non-Legion Cult Marines - How Do You Paint Yours?

Halandaar

Hi all,

So I'm working on my Chaos Marine army at the moment and I have some Plague Marines and Rubrics that i'm considering painting as part of the army, rather than as part of standalone forces. I was just wondering how people go about painting theirs, whether you do them in your CSM army scheme, run them in their parent legion colours, or come up with some variation on either of those? If you have examples I'd be really interested to see them!

(Apologies if there is a similar thread to this that my search-fu failed to find, happy to be pointed towards another topic if one exists)

I painted my Plague Marines as Iron Warriors, as I envisioned them as Iron Warriors who have pledged themselves to Nurgle and become Plague Marines (also, I think they look amazing in IW colours). I think if I added Berzerkers I'd do the same (as I did for my homebrew renegades). Rubrics I think I'd paint as Thousand Sons and Noise Marines, in my mind should be a riot of clashing colours with the original colours impossible to discern.

IW Plague Marine

xoTQgKo.jpg

Korven Khorne Berzerkers

0mAdAlW.jpg

In my headcanon, anyone can become a Plague Marine or a Khorne Berzerker, but Rubrics should be Thousand Sons. I reckon it's whatever you think looks cool and fits the theme of your army, as long as your opponent is clear as to what's going on with all your units. 

26 minutes ago, Freakshow668 said:

In my headcanon, anyone can become a Plague Marine or a Khorne Berzerker, but Rubrics should be Thousand Sons. 

I think I would approach it from the point of view that the Rubricae are Thousand Sons, but their controlling Sorcerer has aligned himself with a particular Warlord and their armour has been repainted. We have the example already in the lore of black-clad Rubricae among the Black Legion, so I figured this might be a similar approach.