The Memoria Crusade

mytimeprez

With the new year upon us I decided to set myself some goals for my crusade. My current total force is 11,230 points. So I added a couple of units on my wish list to round it out to 12k. My 2023 goal is to have all 12k painted. Currently I’m at 43% painted with an additional 35% assembled and ready for paint. I have 16% to build still in my pile of shame with 6% to add in the next year. 

To accomplish this goal, I have figured that I need to paint about 570 points worth each month which seems manageable. So, here’s to 2023 and the Memoria Crusade. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2022 at 6:39 PM, mytimeprez said:

With the new year upon us I decided to set myself some goals for my crusade. My current total force is 11,230 points. So I added a couple of units on my wish list to round it out to 12k.

That's a mighty force! What would bother me with the plans of rounding-off is the ever-changing point values for units, though. Having said that, from my experience, setting boundaries is the most important thing in this hobby.

On 12/31/2022 at 6:39 PM, mytimeprez said:

My 2023 goal is to have all 12k painted. Currently I’m at 43% painted with an additional 35% assembled and ready for paint. I have 16% to build still in my pile of shame with 6% to add in the next year. 

This is an ambitious goal. I will keep my fingers crossed for your success. On top of that, I think that witnessing your progress might be an excellent source of motivation for myself. While I probably don't have that many points to paint, my backlog amounts to ca. 90-100 models.

It seem that you have things sorted out, at least for the time being. I'd strongly recommend that you focus on dealing with the backlog before adding anything new, particularly before the inevitable release of the next Codex and new units.

20 hours ago, mytimeprez said:

My local gaming store has but on a painting competition that has to be completed on the 21st. The entry had to be a new purchase so I went with the new sword brethren kit. Making some progress. Wish me luck! Hoping to win some prizes.

Good choice and astonishing progress. Good luck with the competition. Even should you fail to win anything tangible in the competition, you'll sure to be left with great minis as a consolation prize!

Well deserved, Brother! Your models are an inspiration. I'd love to know where the bits you used on the Redemptor came from. I have the Shapeways upgrade for my next one, but those look outstanding. I also envy your progress. I look forward to seeing more in the future.

1 hour ago, SWORD BROTHER RYAN said:

Well deserved, Brother! Your models are an inspiration. I'd love to know where the bits you used on the Redemptor came from. I have the Shapeways upgrade for my next one, but those look outstanding. I also envy your progress. I look forward to seeing more in the future.

Thank you for your kind words brother. It’s definitely all of you guys that keep me motivated. I’ll be posting more work soon. The bits came from a seller I found on Etsy. Omniforged but the design is from Greytide Studio. 

+++ Memoria Crusade - The Book of Dominus +++

After crossing the rubicon Primaris, my crusade forces were reinforced with more Primaris brothers. Reinforcements that we desperately needed. By order of the High Marshal, we set out amongst the stars again to continue the pursuit of our chapter relics. Stretching my forces thin we recovered The Icon of Heinmann from Segmentum Pacificus as well as the blessed Aurillian Shroud and Tannhauser’s skeletal remains. I have mustered the full strength of the Memoria Crusade to lay out plans for the greatest challenges we have yet faced. 

I gather my household, my sword brethren that have served the crusade with the upmost zeal for more years than I can recount. “Brothers,” I begin, “The holy emperor and the revered High Marshal require our greatest strength and courage. Our pursuit of our chapter relics is of utmost urgency. The Imperium is besieged on every front. These lost relics are needed in the wars to come. To this end, I must divide our forces because time is of the essence and my brothers we are out of it.”

I present my orders. From my trusted household, four sword brethren to lead separate fighting companies with each a separate relic to recover. 

Castellan Arnult with fighting company “The First Sons” charged with the recovery of the Crux Obsidian

Castellan Gervaht with fighting company “Hammers of Aurillia” charged with the recovery of the Skull of Cacodminus

Castellan Kraus with fighting company “Spear of Sigismund” charged with the recovery of the Fist of Balthus 

Castellan Yorghast with fighting company “Anvil of Truth” charged with the recovery of the Sword of the Lost Crusader 

My brothers accept these challenges and make their oaths. Before I dismiss them to gather their forces and make their battle plans, I have them bear witness to my own oath. I am to answer the call of distress from the Talledus System while my Castellans pursue the mission of the Memoria Crusade. 

++++

Nice jump squad.

Brave men with tabbards.

I always forego the robed bodies for jump pack squads. I just can't unsee them crashing due to having their vision obscured bij flapping tabbards.

But nevertheless a very nice painted squad.

9 hours ago, Brother Carpenter said:

Nice jump squad.

Brave men with tabbards.

I always forego the robed bodies for jump pack squads. I just can't unsee them crashing due to having their vision obscured bij flapping tabbards.

But nevertheless a very nice painted squad.

I honestly never thought about that lol

6 hours ago, Brother Christopher said:

Great stuff, and I understand why he's one of your favourites. I particularly like this photo:

Reveal hidden contents

4C735D06-A927-488D-9B51-066BED5E73B4.thumb.jpeg.bbff0c41a391e82387a1dde462d0b569.jpeg

The knightly aesthetic on the additional front armour works really well here. Also, an absolutely stunning base.

Thank you brother. Your kind words are always inspiring and appreciated. 

• 1 month later...

Amazing. I absolutely love the way you handled the vehicles. It brings back memories of the time I've been "writing" my bachelor's thesis and I spent better part of the night before the deadline looking for similarly inspiring ways to paint Land Raiders instead of doing some proofreading. Honestly, great work.

++++ The Memoria Crusade - The Book of Dominus ++++

I enter the central chamber to declare, I Castellan Gervaht hath fulfilled my vow and returned the Fist of Balthus to our mighty chapter. Instead I find my brother Castellans with solemn looks and rage in their eyes. Yorghast spoke first breaking the silence, “ Our Lord Marshal has fallen brother. Fighting the heretics on Ghreddask, Ricard drew his last breath. “ Before I could ask how we heard this news, I see armor glint out of the corner of my eye. A sister in golden power armor stands silently. Then, “ I am Elenor, Canoness of The Order of Radiant Devotion, I was with your Lord Marshal when he fell. We must make haste to return to the Talledus System and purge the traitors that felled your lord. I return to you his armor, the news of his death and to ask for your aid in defeating this foe.” All eyes focused on me, but why…. So I speak, “Though vengeance burns in my heart sister and rage fills my soul, we cannot make any commitment until a new marshal is selected.” She responds, “But one has my Lord.” My brothers turn to me, Marshal Gervaht they declare. Decided before I even returned to them. So ends the Book of Dominus. So begins the Book of Gervaht. And I will have my vengeance. “Assemble the full might of the crusade. I will don my predecessors armor and make haste to have my vengeance served. To the Talledus system!” 

++++

Edited by mytimeprez