Arks of Omen video strongly hints at Dark Angels

Not sure if newsworthy, because I think it's been a confirmed rumour, but thought to share, as there's some cool art here anyway:

image.thumb.png.a799ed6b93d5299de9e884648090c683.png

At this point, I don't even know if it's a rumour anymore, because there's been so much build-up and releases already (e.g. Primaris Azrael) to it, but we're expecting something big to land for Dark Angels, maybe a returned Lion El Johnson, etc.  I'm assuming it was Brother Valrak that told us, it was going to be the last book of the Arks of Omens, etc.

There was one thing.  Angelis Mortis, the Angels of Death, a reference to the 2nd ed Codex that covered both Dark Angels and Blood Angels, again something Valrak has been talking about.  Anyway, an green-garbed Angel, very Dark Angel, so Illuminati, much hype.

Angelis Mortis/Angels of Death was also the original name of the Dark Angels Legion prior to discover of Lion El'Jonson.

A lot of motifs here. The obvious angel, the green, the broken sword. The wings on the angel are fairly evocative of DA style wings.

This really should be in the Arks of Omen (narrative) thread were everything else also was discussed previously.

I theorised there every 4 videos go with each book;

Galaxy-Despoiler-the Hulks-Silver key = Arks of Omen Abaddon

Obviously, as it starts the new narrative (Galaxy-another round of the great game begins) wich is Abaddon (the Despoiler) gathering the Arks of Omen (Hulks) in order to gather artifacts (the Silver key) for some purpose.

Great hoste-Beast-Shattered world-Emperor reversed= Arks of Omen Angron

Angron (Beast) leading the World eaters (great hoste) ... either in the backdrop of a (shattered world) or resulting in a shattered world (Cadia or Baal.. varying theories) wich apparently means bad business for the Imperium (Emperor reversed) considering this book has Blood stains the beacon on the backside ( and shattered world has a blood stained beacon ) I think symobologically Imperium nihilus will be cut off from the imperium by this book's end.

Daemon-Astartes-***-*** = Arks of Omen vashtorr.

Vashtorr is obviously the daemon that wants to break through the veil, and the Astartes is very likely the dark angels... this is already known that Arks of Omen Vashtorr is about besieging the rock, its on the back of the book, also were I first spotted Azrael with @WrathOfTheLion

My guess is the next card will be the Fortress of Faith or the Lightning tower to reperesent the rock ( they always seem to use pe-existing cards.) and Im going to guess card XII will be the Lost child maybe ?

Edited by TheMawr
added fortress of faith and lightning tower cards to theory

1 hour ago, TheMawr said:

Great hoste-Beast-Shattered world-Emperor reversed= Arks of Omen Angron

Angron (Beast) leading the World eaters (great hoste) ... either in the backdrop of a (shattered world) or resulting in a shattered world (Cadia or Baal.. varying theories) wich apparently means bad business for the Imperium (Emperor reversed) considering this book has Blood stains the beacon on the backside ( and shattered world has a blood stained beacon ) I think symobologically Imperium nihilus will be cut off from the imperium by this book's end.

If this is what happens, then imo either of two things are likely:

A.: Dante becomes an (even more) major character, becoming the Guilliman of the Imperium Nihilus as it becomes completely cut off
or, more likely (ignoring the whole Regent of the Imperium Nihilus thing)
B: The Imperium gets split up to Guilliman's half (Sanctus), and the Lion's half (Nihilus).

Also, if they really cut the Imperium in two, then should absolutely give a big send-off to Vigilus. I absolutely loved that arc (and the fact that it gave us a big "almost all factions are here and basically anyone could show up" battleground), and it deserves a proper end. Maybe World-Killer finally destroys it? An enormous fleet of Arks of Omen "Cadia" it? Maybe without Calgar's presence, Abaddon launches a second attack, overwhelming the leftover garrison (after Harkeen did a banger of a job taking it twice :p)?

10 hours ago, Asbestress said:

If this is what happens, then imo either of two things are likely:

A.: Dante becomes an (even more) major character, becoming the Guilliman of the Imperium Nihilus as it becomes completely cut off
or, more likely (ignoring the whole Regent of the Imperium Nihilus thing)
B: The Imperium gets split up to Guilliman's half (Sanctus), and the Lion's half (Nihilus).

That has been basically the statis quo for the past 5 years, so would hardly be worthy of being a significant event.. no my theory is option C, the Imperium remains only one half of the galaxy... the other half (nihilus) dominated by chaos/abaddon. However.. thats just a wild theory, not really analysable with what we have so far.

speaking of analysing, I was waiting until this thread got merged with the other one ( in case that wont happen, linked here https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/376157-arks-of-omen/ as some remarks here sound as if people missed the speculation there.. all the dark angel stuff being old news and all ;) ) But made a gathering of all the tarotcards so far

tarotuptoXsmall.thumb.jpg.d2b258e46325187eac9485f55075e601.jpg

Looking at them together I wonder if the god emperor card (same colors and symbols as Astartes ) belongs to the last 2, thus Astartes ending the Vashtorr book, and only the first book had 4. ( this way you'd cover 7 books with 22 cards. wich without delay would have put the last book in June... if released monthly, next week would be a telling card for this theory.)

Also It seems to me different artists made different cards and as such different approaches to subtlety.. its obvious though that the artist of Astartes is less subtle with symbology, and as such their other cards need to be looked at with the same unsubtlety ( Shattered world and the Despoiler are by the same artist.).. as an artist I know how briefs often go, and trees representing caliban is unlikely a requested element, so this artist knows the setting, wich isnt always the case with art like this.

When everyone is expecting Lion and instead appears... Luther! :wink::biggrin:

Dark Angels revamp are a fact now, but I'm not so sure about the Lion yet. A tarot called, let's say, Primarch would be too on the nose, granted.

But maybe after the last ark with xenos (Tau) we will see something.

Sure thing it seems we will get a Q1-Q2 real packed with releases. And with the rumors of the 10th coming on June... and new nids... 

That DA would be the first to get a Templar style release was pretty much confirmed with the Azrael reveal.

The returning primarchs ship sailed just over half a decade ago already with Bobby G. I just dont see any reason to doubt (credible) rumors to the effect.

BA and SW will obviously also get Templar style releases, and rumors point to BA being next out the door after DA.

Additional things I noticed:

• "Demon" shows a wall which was broken from the outside. May represent Daemon-Prince Marbas and his demon army breaking into the Rock and freeing Luther?
  • "Emperor" has a triangle with eyes in the corner in its corners, and imposed with a circle. The triangle/circle symbol is sometimes used in Trinitarian symbolism, so I'm guessing it was lifted from that, the eyes are not familiar to me.
  • "Astartes", the angels of the Emperor, share the same triangle with eyes
8 hours ago, Alby the Slayer said:

When everyone is expecting Lion and instead appears... Luther! :wink::biggrin:

I recommend reading Black Pearl. And unless such an event was done with absolute perfection (i.e. made Luther and his faction interesting and distinct from Chaos, or  continued with the idea that he wants forgiveness) I would finally get rid of my first army who have been patiently waiting in the vain hope GW collectively gets it's act together regarding Dark Angels.

The king or prince who unmakes the Order of Chivalry itself not only unmakes himself as a knight, but also the knights who are subordinate to him who, because of the bad example set by their lord and so that they will be loved by him and follow his evil ways, do what does not pertain to Chivalry or its Order…. So if expelling one knight from the Order of Chivalry is a serious offence and an extremely serious debasement of courage, how much worse is he who expels many knights from the Order of Chivalry

If it is the office of the knight to impeach or fight the traitor, and if it is the office of the traitorous knight to defend himself and fight the loyal knight, what is the office of the knight? And if a courage as evil as the courage of a treacherous knight seeks to vanquish the courage of a loyal knight, what is it that the lofty courage of a knight who fights out of loyalty is seeking to vanquish or overcome?

Ramon Llull, The Book of the Order of Chivalry, c. 1275

13 hours ago, TheMawr said:

That has been basically the statis quo for the past 5 years, so would hardly be worthy of being a significant event.. no my theory is option C, the Imperium remains only one half of the galaxy... the other half (nihilus) dominated by chaos/abaddon. However.. thats just a wild theory, not really analysable with what we have so far.

speaking of analysing, I was waiting until this thread got merged with the other one ( in case that wont happen, linked here https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/376157-arks-of-omen/ as some remarks here sound as if people missed the speculation there.. all the dark angel stuff being old news and all ;) ) But made a gathering of all the tarotcards so far

tarotuptoXsmall.thumb.jpg.d2b258e46325187eac9485f55075e601.jpg

Looking at them together I wonder if the god emperor card (same colors and symbols as Astartes ) belongs to the last 2, thus Astartes ending the Vashtorr book, and only the first book had 4. ( this way you'd cover 7 books with 22 cards. wich without delay would have put the last book in June... if released monthly, next week would be a telling card for this theory.)

Also It seems to me different artists made different cards and as such different approaches to subtlety.. its obvious though that the artist of Astartes is less subtle with symbology, and as such their other cards need to be looked at with the same unsubtlety ( Shattered world and the Despoiler are by the same artist.).. as an artist I know how briefs often go, and trees representing caliban is unlikely a requested element, so this artist knows the setting, wich isnt always the case with art like this.

I like to think of it as a plot synopsis.
A galaxy exists, and in it is the grouchy despoiler. He happens upon an ancient hulk and within it a MacGuffin of significant renown.
He summons Angron who ravages a world and is driven back by protagonists aided by the Emperor's touch. The background character responsible for the series of events, Vashtor, is revealed. The focus shifts to the Dark Angels whose chapter is about to be flipped upside down.

On 1/7/2023 at 7:01 PM, spessmarine said:

The focus shifts to the Dark Angels whose chapter is about to be flipped upside down.

and I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the lord of a hive called Bel-Air. 

I'll see myself out... 

I guess we may as well post part of some lore text from the Abaddon book.

Valrak's video is in the spoiler for anyone interested

The segment of interest in text (duplicate as it stuck it in this spoiler and won't let me move it :/), in case anyone wants to skip the video

Above me the stars die, and die, and die.

I dig.

I see an ashen forest grow, and wither, and grow again.

I see an ancient knight kneel upon his field of victory and weep cinder tears.

I see a circle, within a circle, within a circle, inward and inward until at their heart... nothing.

The segment of interest in text

Above me the stars die, and die, and die.

I dig.

I see an ashen forest grow, and wither, and grow again.

I see an ancient knight kneel upon his field of victory and weep cinder tears.

I see a circle, within a circle, within a circle, inward and inward until at their heart... nothing.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion