Arks of Omen video strongly hints at Dark Angels

Let me put it this way, if it could not be ruled out on GW's part from the model size, one could also interpret the last part of the funny aluminium hat video to mean that Cypher is indeed the lion incognito. Constantly on the move here and there to get his own impression of the empire and beyond, and occasionally helping out where he thinks things are going wrong.
Girlyman, Crawl and the Emperor were cool with him and who would be most likely to escape from all the dungeons of the Rock than the Primarch himself?
It's a pity he carries around the lion sword, which is far too big for him.
Because THAT would actually be an a+ plot twist.

Guess we'll find out in the next few months what's really planned for that part of the story. :ph34r:

The last part is of course cryptic, as it should be, but my mind takes it as you have all those layers of secrets, and the final secret is empty.

You could take that a little more literally to mean that the final secret, which is Luther kept on the rock, is literally empty/nothing now as he dipped out.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

With the tarot, rumors, and hints we've seen I'm guessing the loyalist stuff is going to be saved for the last few books. Assuming we've seen the titles for half of the books in the series, I think the order is going to be something like this: Abaddon, Angron (with a few world eaters models before the full release around the same time), Vashtorr, farsight (with the new model we know is coming), then I'm guessing one called Angels of Death or something similar with primaris Dante and Azrael as a callback to the old angels of death DA/BA combined codex, and finally Lion or something similar as the big conclusion with the primarch himself reawakening 

I'm the opposite I reckon azreal will come with an imperial ark of omens book. Seeing how abbadon came with a box set including him, would be interesting to see how vashtor will be released. 

Independent or in a box set with other chaos units as that may indicate a pattern for releases with future books. 

Edited by ChargingSoll
More info

Tower of lightning sounds a lot like the main tower of the Fortress Monastery during the warp storm that tore the planet apart. This of course then became the rock.

They're not very subtle at this point, so the rumors here are sounding pretty likely, especially given the icon for the campaign is a cross of Vashtorr's and Dark Angels' iconography.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Here's my assumption.

Vashtor/Abby/angron siege the rock.

They are winning continuously breaching the inner sanctums.

They breach the lions vault.

The slab where lion sleeps is empty.

Suddenly the rock starts to play the doom Slayer theme song.

The 3 all at once: *chuckles I'm in danger*

5 minutes ago, Triszin said:

Here's my assumption.

Vashtor/Abby/angron siege the rock.

They are winning continuously breaching the inner sanctums.

They breach the lions vault.

The slab where lion sleeps is empty.

Suddenly the rock starts to play the doom Slayer theme song.

The 3 all at once: *chuckles I'm in danger*

How about this but with a choir?

Tell you guys something.  Here, visual aid:

WfqO7GN3GMNP_1-Pi1-vTfo3V-BswrVh_1nefmNnnJTGtea_eaKn4qSSD6esNtJfTUkHXKAqJzNRLdPykazLPcqzMp4aKLsnbMHhwYux-xdMKzdZz0RwIO8SX2oolZbInzf8rzEBmKZdMd6DC02VOr1yrcsIZtcjZTZ81aCU96Z8H7t186ZJiD6U8FTfCiE3DbSM8MSZhL1vIjMimMQVGsCrkR0oqCoeD0ItdshhRf_w7psUlA_Exq-tCFBqx6cqcCFht2O4dNK6WRWONGFL4w-DvjuqfwTmefCqXh7bycrBk8ff894nPoHCKL46qK8feVNs4kS6hJV0VEKmuOivB8mdM57jJeE1xy3rSV2G1Q25bSE0PzcPQh8DVzrBi6bmIl3B2QsOVKKMj4XrYQI87as8zN4nLwIARHWXrNDe1MgCj8xvOl5NTtNNwS9rdouFEpDf2LdySqjD8buBOrF7Ux723OvXuJoWurAp96DS9gYeB4O0pae4fhdwLuNu_W7q9tvyzCpFuaVCgrWA7m8xXmJWLHVbI6nQxkYyRvOR_0RN-hwwfQ6Edvt_nkXG62L-MohtRW6Lh7i9nkFj5UzQ2sRd72G7U8aqcQwkg_gtzrTU8monwgK0PMeaVtFZWMrbeeLaYT5LsfX38vIZHzcL0r6N5U-rMebhocHezpAuVzdK851xzPuTJRsJwcupsK41vlJmOOuHTnifGLZcT_Id9vKjDstiHsUS0lCo3SeztgydK3cNHRuH7bF45SpBiFsKWRCsMwHxixy7Q6BqHRqEv4BVe6pvW4IqhooyhwGpXOrrLyIcVSYqh2Om9xWZmMrQN-nY9C7H8ULWuq__zJPOAlknIHQeFUFkg-yKOtKRSleWTCvD73BIo9e2tDsq9NUGA_RV48pHlZJRFGGcu-fCju2VIigwZ3IQ3arnLbzfnMjpe56Q9A=w1219-h914-no?authuser=0

From my own Tarot deck and this is something I share almost every time I do a reading: Death isn't the worst card...The Tower is.

People always assume Death is the worst card, because he's...well, Death.  A dead king, people kneeling before him, etc.  What he mostly represents is change, like the dead king means a change in the status quo.  People are kneeling before Death, but he's not killing them, it's like you'll die UNLESS you adapt to change.

The Tower is outright bad.  Lightning strikes, people are falling out to their deaths.  The Tower is what people assume Death to be.

Whoever at GW made these did their research on this one.  I mention this because...they outright mention The Rock, it IS way too on the nose, but The Tower card is in normal Tarot decks and it does have exactly the meaning they're going for.  It's a clever tie-in with the original meaning.

The lightning tower is also a pre-existing card in the emperors tarot, hence why I could say last week that this week was likely either the lightning tower or the fortress of faith ;)

not meant smug, but, its not all that random, and its the one interesting thing we can do with this weekly tarot is predicting what pre-existing card will align with what storylines. Though I still wonder how many we will see.. all 72 of them is unlikely...

They could for example used the fortress of faith (reversed) here with adjusted iconography, and used the lightning tower for a tzeentch thing for example.

Edited by TheMawr
addition

3 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

The lightning tower is also a pre-existing card in the emperors tarot, hence why I could say last week that this week was likely either the lightning tower or the fortress of faith ;)

So if we get into Luther, we would see something like the dishonoured scion, and the executioner or the lord of swords makes sense if they go straight at us with Lion El'Jonson?

Although it looks like they're willing to add them, as some of them aren't in any lists I can find online. It'd be pretty rad if they actually released the Tarot deck after this, that'd be pretty cool.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

1 minute ago, Isual said:

Aren't the Space Marines in general referred to as "Angels of Death"?

They are, but its also one of the very early names that the First Legion were known as, when they fought in the very early days since their creation.

Not only that, the other side of the hint is that the old "Codex: Angels of Death" from 2nd edition was a codex that had both Blood Angels and Dark Angels in it.

With both DA and BA apparently due to be in the spotlight, the Angels of Death could mean a lot.

Fingers crossed anyway!

13 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

They are, but its also one of the very early names that the First Legion were known as, when they fought in the very early days since their creation.

Not only that, the other side of the hint is that the old "Codex: Angels of Death" from 2nd edition was a codex that had both Blood Angels and Dark Angels in it.

With both DA and BA apparently due to be in the spotlight, the Angels of Death could mean a lot.

Fingers crossed anyway!

I know that it was the name of the very old codex, but if I have learned one thing in all the years as a DA player, it's not to get my hopes up too high. 
Last time all we got was Azrael jr. and a few bits of fluff...

17 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

So if we get into Luther, we would see something like the dishonoured scion, and the executioner or the lord of swords makes sense if they go straight at us with Lion El'Jonson?

Although it looks like they're willing to add them, as some of them aren't in any lists I can find online. It'd be pretty rad if they actually released the Tarot deck after this, that'd be pretty cool.

All of them are so far pre-existing, except I think the Silver key is the renamed Silver door.. and Hound is I think the renamed Jackhal. Those were the only 2 I couldnt find mention of anywhere.

To be honest I think the dishonoured scion might be used for Farsight if they use it.

Some cards seem to be recurring and I think we will see at least most of those;

Galactic Lens
The Great Eye
Eye of Horus (wich seems to be distinct from the great eye)

The Harlequin

The Star

The Lost Child
The Sword/The Lord of Swords  (not sure if they are distinct)
The Throne/The Emperors Throne  (not sure if they are distinct)

Then in Avenging Son there are apparently some mentioned ( and I think given how recent these references are, they have a good chance too, especially considering one of them is very relevant to a brand new faction ;) )

The Squat,

the Highpriest,

The Magus

Then the H&B episode has some completely different ones, despite being recent, I do wonder if the developers of that episode based it more on their own ideas than GW ones ;
Harbringer
The Fool
Mortis
Faceless Void
Sundering

the 40k fandom and lexicanum lists dont have clear references, and some of it might be obscure or too ancient ( and might even be wrong, I know their ynnari info is and thats the only thing in 40k I have enough firsthand information on. )