Arks of Omen video strongly hints at Dark Angels

1 hour ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

That time BT got diddly squat nothing, and look where we ended up

BT had decent lore and a solid chapter identity to build on. Dark Angels, I'd rather have had drought than the vile slurry received post-Indomitus. I half-jokingly expect Primaris Fallen-catchers armed with nets of misery, Storm Speed Fallen-snatchers with trangstor beams, and Deathwing Aggressor Fallen-grabbers with mitts of penitence.

2 hours ago, jaxom said:

BT had decent lore and a solid chapter identity to build on. Dark Angels, I'd rather have had drought than the vile slurry received post-Indomitus. I half-jokingly expect Primaris Fallen-catchers armed with nets of misery, Storm Speed Fallen-snatchers with trangstor beams, and Deathwing Aggressor Fallen-grabbers with mitts of penitence.

Haha those new supplement successor's were also particularly bad 

Edited by WARMASTER_

9 hours ago, jimbo1701 said:

Wouldn’t it be great if Luther and fallen also get models and rules to coincide with the release. 

GW is allergic to Luthor. They don't even have him in 30k. Not sure why, as he'd be a excellent choice for both games. Maybe once all the arks are out and they advance the story a couple of times.

2 hours ago, twopounder said:

GW is allergic to Luthor. They don't even have him in 30k. Not sure why, as he'd be a excellent choice for both games. Maybe once all the arks are out and they advance the story a couple of times.

Luther hasn't really been in any battles for 30k. It did kind of look like in Book 9 that they were hinting towards a campaign with him involved, but not sure.

6 hours ago, ChargingSoll said:

Wait if the lion returns and the only person that can judge luther is the lion, what would happen to him if they met. Luther just a human

Luther isn't just a human. He was given augmentations to make him as close to Astartes as possible, and was further enhanced by Chaos to bring him up to par with the Lion (even a little stronger)

The new White Dwarf (issue 484) does confirm in a designer interview that there are five books in the series. So there is one further after the Farsight book. I think that lends itself to the original rumor that the final book would be about Lion El'Jonson.

21 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

The new White Dwarf (issue 484) does confirm in a designer interview that there are five books in the series. So there is one further after the Farsight book. I think that lends itself to the original rumor that the final book would be about Lion El'Jonson.

Valrak is going to be so smug if he turns out to be right. Like measurable from space levels.

15 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

If all these hints really are about DA, that makes me happy because it lends more credence to the rumors about an AoD style release in 10th

What else would it be? Like they already revealed azzy. They're anything but subtle with the hinting. We live in the post-Templar refresh era. There's no way it was just azzy and now they're moving on.

On 1/15/2023 at 7:34 PM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

If all these hints really are about DA, that makes me happy because it lends more credence to the rumors about an AoD style release in 10th

I do wonder though if this new/rumoured Angels of Death book might go beyond just Blood Angels and Dark Angels. Perhaps it's THE Space Marine codex supplement. All special characters from DA, BA, SW, UM, IF, SA, RG, IH, WS (and BT, CF, FT & WC); as well as special rules, relics, strats, psychic powers, secondaries etc all in one codex supplement?

Those thin supplements from 8th really had barely any content in them, hardly justifying the individual releases. This way, everyone gets an update, it'll be a more substantial book and GW might avoid the supply issues they've been having with getting books printed and shipped recently. 

My only worry is about when this book might come. I think 10th will arrive this year. Either in June or in line with the SM2 game (slam dunk marketing) in autumn. If this Angels of Death book comes out before 10th... even if 10th arrives later '23, that's still a really short lifespan. On the other hand, a model like Robute Guilliman not having a 9th edition datasheet is a bit odd. 

Personally, I'd like 10h ed in June. SM codex approximately a month later with Angels of Death supplement launching with it. I really don't see the point in spreading everything about.

22 minutes ago, ChapterMasterGodfrey said:

I do wonder though if this new/rumoured Angels of Death book might go beyond just Blood Angels and Dark Angels. Perhaps it's THE Space Marine codex supplement. All special characters from DA, BA, SW, UM, IF, SA, RG, IH, WS (and BT, CF, FT & WC); as well as special rules, relics, strats, psychic powers, secondaries etc all in one codex supplement?

Those thin supplements from 8th really had barely any content in them, hardly justifying the individual releases. This way, everyone gets an update, it'll be a more substantial book and GW might avoid the supply issues they've been having with getting books printed and shipped recently. 

My only worry is about when this book might come. I think 10th will arrive this year. Either in June or in line with the SM2 game (slam dunk marketing) in autumn. If this Angels of Death book comes out before 10th... even if 10th arrives later '23, that's still a really short lifespan. On the other hand, a model like Robute Guilliman not having a 9th edition datasheet is a bit odd. 

Personally, I'd like 10h ed in June. SM codex approximately a month later with Angels of Death supplement launching with it. I really don't see the point in spreading everything about.

To be fair, a lot of the regular codex could be moved to the supplements, such as lore and painting guides. The core codex could do with being lightened, and it would  definitely put more stuff into the supplements. The advantage with having the single overall codex is it makes it easier to update everything at once. 

3 hours ago, The Angel said:

To be fair, a lot of the regular codex could be moved to the supplements, such as lore and painting guides. The core codex could do with being lightened, and it would  definitely put more stuff into the supplements. The advantage with having the single overall codex is it makes it easier to update everything at once. 

If we're lightening the core codex, why stop there? make all the crunch rules digital, easily updateable and free. Have fluff, lore, miniature galery, painting guides, organisation in a beautifly printed tome. A man can dream.

25 minutes ago, ChapterMasterGodfrey said:

If we're lightening the core codex, why stop there? make all the crunch rules digital, easily updateable and free. Have fluff, lore, miniature galery, painting guides, organisation in a beautifly printed tome. A man can dream.

This is the dream

So GW just dropped the FAQ for Arks of Omen. Interesting wording in one of the changes:

You can include an Adeptus Astartes Primarch unit in
a <Chapter> Detachment even if it does not share the
<Chapter> keyword of other units in that Detachment.
Doing so does not prevent any other units from gaining their
Detachment Rules. Note that the Adeptus Astartes Primarch
unit will only gain a Chapter Tactic if every <Chapter> unit
shares the same <Chapter> keyword.

Now, why not just say Roboute Guilliman? They specifically mention Abaddon, Shadowsun, Cawl and The Silent King for their specific factions.

Just sayin'...kinda weird

18 minutes ago, Cpt_Reaper said:

So GW just dropped the FAQ for Arks of Omen. Interesting wording in one of the changes:

Now, why not just say Roboute Guilliman? They specifically mention Abaddon, Shadowsun, Cawl and The Silent King for their specific factions.

Expect a new Valrak video on this confirmation of the Lion imminently! :biggrin:

20 minutes ago, Cpt_Reaper said:

I think 9E has always had generic language for loyalist Primarchs, but I'd have to go back and check. I remember we talked about it then, for the same reason of being interesting, as it means since the beginning they had the rules capacity to handle a second.

31 minutes ago, Cpt_Reaper said:

Nod GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

So Guilliman is now best with.... Iron Hands?

No, Guilliman still has the ULTRAMARINES keyword, not IRON HANDS so he will not not gain a Chapter Tactic at all.

Note that the Adeptus Astartes Primarch unit will only gain a Chapter Tactic if every <Chapter> unit shares the same <Chapter> keyword.

Ahh, my mistake. I misread the rule.

When I glanced at it, in my mind it said that he will gain the chapter keyword as long as every other unit in the army shares the same one.

I was getting excited about adding the Primarch to my Imperial Fists.

1 hour ago, Orange Knight said:

I was getting excited about adding the Primarch to my Imperial Fists.

Still could be worthwile: "Master of Battle (Aura): Add 1 to Advance and charge rolls made for friendly IMPERIUM units whilst they are within 12" of Roboute Guilliman. Re-roll hit rolls of 1 for attacks made by models in friendly IMPERIUM units whilst their unit is within 12" of this model. You can re-roll Morale tests taken for friendly IMPERIUM units whilst they are within 12" of Roboute Guilliman."