Arks of Omen video strongly hints at Dark Angels

7 hours ago, Karhedron said:

My guess is that he will get a significant redesign. After all, Azrael is now carrying his helm around. The Lion model from FW is really nice but I guess they won't want to simply copy it into plastic. I am sure we will get something a bit more OTT in usual 40K style. As the Primarch of the oldest Legion, I am sure he has several suits of armour for different occasions.

Remember that he didn't get a chance to return to Caliban during the HH. Firstly he was chasing the Night Lords, then he got marooned in Imperium Secundus by the Ruinstorm so he had to make do with whatever wargear he had with him on the Invincible Reason. Now that he is back on (the remains of) his homeworld, I am sure he he will take the opportunity to get some fresh threads. :wink:

yeah, they would probably want to give it a twist to replace 10 millennia of time.

7 hours ago, Shinespider said:

They're just going to design him to look however they want. Maintaining continuity with the 30k range is not a priority at all. 

but they definitely care about maintaining continuity I'd say
the angron model, you can see see details carried over, and that is with daemon apotheosis too

some of it requires staring at for a bit to notice (compare chest plates)

https://www.wargamer.com/wp-content/sites/wargamer/2022/11/Warhammer-40k-Angron-model.jpg

with

99560102114_Angron01.jpg

Edited by spessmarine

On 1/20/2023 at 11:06 PM, grailkeeper said:

Is there any official artwork of the Eock?

Recently updated as of the new Codex supplement to be a bit more… Knightly Fortress 

CB213366-4B81-4E27-8E6C-852CA0F8417F.png

Edited by WARMASTER_
Grammar

On 1/20/2023 at 3:10 PM, Karhedron said:

My guess is that he will get a significant redesign. After all, Azrael is now carrying his helm around. The Lion model from FW is really nice but I guess they won't want to simply copy it into plastic. I am sure we will get something a bit more OTT in usual 40K style. As the Primarch of the oldest Legion, I am sure he has several suits of armour for different occasions.

Remember that he didn't get a chance to return to Caliban during the HH. Firstly he was chasing the Night Lords, then he got marooned in Imperium Secundus by the Ruinstorm so he had to make do with whatever wargear he had with him on the Invincible Reason. Now that he is back on (the remains of) his homeworld, I am sure he he will take the opportunity to get some fresh threads. :wink:

Azrael doesn’t seem to be carrying his actual helm.

They have kept the similar style to the old Azzy model Lion Helm and not the one from the FW Lion model…

17 minutes ago, Harleqvin said:

Azrael doesn’t seem to be carrying his actual helm.

They have kept the similar style to the old Azzy model Lion Helm and not the one from the FW Lion model…

It could be what his helm was when they fought at Caliban, given that was years into The Scouring and they'd've well had MK VII by then.

It had been a long running joke as to the size of Jonson's head, due to the stature of primarchs and the size of the old metal helmet.

I think it's important to differentiate between "The Lion Helm" and The "Lion's Helm". The Lion helm was only rumoured to have been worn by Jonson himself, we don't know the full truth. Lots of bits and bobs in 40k are supposed to have once been used, held, touched or worn by the primarchs, but we know it all cannot be true. 

its also because when a lot of lore was originally written, primarchs weren't so big.

Honestly, Primarchs would have been better to have been maybe a head or two taller than marines, but with their stats as they are now, rather than the comically large things they ended up as.

Think about Dantes mask, its literally meant to be the death mask of sanguinius, a death mask is made via a mold of the person. At one point it made sense, now it doesn't really. Azraels helm was the lions at one point, now it'll probably get retconned or hand waved in the same way that Dantes mask hast to just kinda be hand waved.

On 1/25/2023 at 10:46 AM, Blindhamster said:

its also because when a lot of lore was originally written, primarchs weren't so big.

GW has always been vague about this. The early fluff from 2nd edition states: 

The Primarchs were genetically engineered creatures, artificial humanoids with astounding abilities. Each was created differently with his own unique powers. Some were made to resemble humankind, but many were of titanic proportions and strange appearance.

So there has always been the implication that some of them were far larger than humans, or even Space Marines.

Edited by Karhedron

It's also worth remembering that just as very rarely are realworld relics likely to have been part of or used by the (possibly ahistorical) saints they were connected to, this could be and should be very much the case with 40k relics - where the timeframe is about 8 millennia more than the time period for relics in (for example) Christianity's history. Whether by deliberate fabrication, forgetfulness or other genuine mistakes, I'm sure that even Astartes relics will often be misattributed or misidentified - it just makes the setting and the astartes more interesting if that is continually occuring.

16 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

Think about Dantes mask, its literally meant to be the death mask of sanguinius, a death mask is made via a mold of the person. At one point it made sense, now it doesn't really.

To be fair, the Death Mask is bigger than Dante’s face and looks bulkier. Considering it’s just formed from Sanguinius’s face it isn’t as out of place as a *full* helmet.

Ive probably been staring at this picture for too long but... what is that up on the beams ? I see a winged demon thing and a robed figure (slaught? doubtful as thats not necessarily GWs ip afaik.) I checked if it even roughly matches the SMH3 deathguard sorcerer (as I half expect him to pop up as a release somewhere in this campaign) but that it doesnt.

It could just be clutter (though everything else is clean, and its to vague to be artistic freedom on anything.) though it would be funny if it actually teases something because I think this is by the same artist who teased the WHU khorne warband in an illustration in a similar composition, just trees instead of metal beams.

46149a7q.jpg

On 1/25/2023 at 12:59 PM, Karhedron said:

GW has always been vague about this. The early fluff from 2nd edition states: 

The Primarchs were genetically engineered creates, artificial humanoids with astounding abilities. Each was created differently with his own unique powers. Some were made to resemble humankind, but many were of titanic proportions and strange appearance.

So there has always been the implication that some of them were far larger than humans, or even Space Marines.

Thats interesting. Is there more you can quote from that, more text about the Heresy or Primarchs that perhaps differs from later editions?

1 hour ago, Taliesin said:

Thats interesting. Is there more you can quote from that, more text about the Heresy or Primarchs that perhaps differs from later editions?

There is a lot of older stuff about the HH and Primarchs but it is scattered across many different publications. The bit I quoted was taken from the 2nd edition Space Wolves codex and I think was repeated in a couple of others to set the scene for how each Chapter of Marines was descended from a particular Primarch. 2nd edition introduced many of the stories we now know such as the animosity between Russ and Johnson, Sanguinius' sacrifice against Horus and Guilliman being sealed in stasis on Macragge. 3rd edition had a series  Index Astartes articles in White Dwarf, each of which delved into the origins of a particular Primarch. Books such as the Collected Visions expanded further and eventually we have the HH novel series which is the current "definitive" version of events.

A good example of the differences would be the Council of Nikea. Originally this was to ban Marines from using Sorcery, not Psychic powers in general. The Edict of Nikea was a compromise that Space Marine Librarians could sue psychic powers, subject to strict monitoring but sorcery was forbidden. In the HH novels, this was changed to ban Marines from using psychic powers at all and to disband the Librarius.

Edited by Karhedron

The Horde is a new tarotcard afaik. While the card does seem to make a reference to farsights sword ( only seen it on mobile), I'm curious about the horde itself, the narrators description makes it sound like khorne (daemons or world eaters).. the visuals made me initially think tyranids ( a swarm of overwhelming vermin).. but logical expectation and the word horde as well the Latin one is more orks.

So it must be all 3 ;)

=][= There are no wrong opinions here, you don't have to agree with people and you're more than welcome to try to dispute points. Outright telling people they're wrong is not on and non-constructive, no matter how strongly you feel. Let's steer this back on topic and towards Dark Angels. If you wish to discuss the overarching plot of 40k and where it's likely to head, the Amicus may the best place =][=

As TrawlingCleaner pointed out, this thread is for discussion of the news/rumors regarding Dark Angels. It is NOT for discussion of Horus Heresy plots, theories regarding the Sanguinor, or wishlisting for other marine factions. All of those things can be discussed in their own topics in the appropriate forums. If this topic won't stay on topic, it will be closed.

2 hours ago, Tyriks said:

As TrawlingCleaner pointed out, this thread is for discussion of the news/rumors regarding Dark Angels. It is NOT for discussion of Horus Heresy plots, theories regarding the Sanguinor, or wishlisting for other marine factions. All of those things can be discussed in their own topics in the appropriate forums. If this topic won't stay on topic, it will be closed.

The topic is about what the arks of omen series hints at for the future.

By your view of the topic he should have been closed when DA were confirmed.

with the rumors of AoD 2, the relationship between guilliman, the lion, and sanguinius, the confirmation of DA now strongly hints at further development of the BA in lore and likely model range fairly soon. 

Vashtorr is after keys... he's going to try to kidnap Ezekiel, The Holder of the Keys. Ezekiel gets mortally wounded in the fighting, and GW does a surprise drop of Primaris Ezekiel to go with Primaris Azrael. Asmodai and Beliel are both killed, leaving only the moderates of the Inner Circle alive. This makes a narrative transition to full Primaris Dark Angels easier and make the Chapter more open to accepting whatever the Lion says.

What gave you the impression that Ezekiel is a moderate? He is just as hardcore as either Belial or Asmodai.

Ezekiel is responsible for weeding out candidates for the Inner Circle who are not sufficiently devoted. Basically, the opposite of a moderate. He even spooks out his fellow Dark Angels.

When one of the candidates for the Inner Circle questioned Ezekiel about whether he joined the Dark Angels on his physical merit or just because of his psyker abilities, Ezekiel beat an Ork boss to death with his bare hands in front of him just to prove a point.

1 hour ago, phandaal said:

What gave you the impression that Ezekiel is a moderate? He is just as hardcore as either Belial or Asmodai.

Ezekiel is responsible for weeding out candidates for the Inner Circle who are not sufficiently devoted. Basically, the opposite of a moderate. He even spooks out his fellow Dark Angels.

When one of the candidates for the Inner Circle questioned Ezekiel about whether he joined the Dark Angels on his physical merit or just because of his psyker abilities, Ezekiel beat an Ork boss to death with his bare hands in front of him just to prove a point.

Thorpe's trilogy. Ezekiel and Sarpadon are the moderates, Asmodai and Belial the conservatives, and Azrael balances them as he sees best for the Chapter.

1 hour ago, beefeb said:

Sanguinius coming back makes as much sense as any primarch coming back....

16 hours ago, Tyriks said:

Meme, but more seriously, for discussion of Sanguinius' return, I've started a new topic.

image.png.26237b4d33f6defae57dac76a07eb50f.png