Screenshot_20230109-155707.thumb.png.ebbd689b5feefd148bf471886fc99040.png

From social media posts that were deleted quickly with dead linsk

From the URL: "enter-the-new-season-of-warhammer-40000-with-two-boarding-patrols-and-a-battleforce/" 

I'd guess its a Space marine and CSM Boarding Patrols box and an Arks of Omen themed CSM Battleforce around Abaddon. I was quite surprised to not see these on release

Not a fan of two sets of 5x Possessed, given lack of alternate poses etc, and Heldrake does seem weird fit lore-wise, but otherwise a nice box.

Only showing 5x CSMs not 10 on Boarding Patrol photo is strange too, not showing all the minis included! But including a unique character like Abaddon ruins that box IMHO.

Space Marines one the most generic = useful then.

Not liking this move to special characters in boxed sets much. Still  might be interested in the boarding patrol set based on pricing but I would have much preferred a generic HQ to abbadon myself

Edited by Arikel

12 minutes ago, sarabando said:

i assume the bale force one isnt supposed to be a boarding action force because it has a flyer in it? but GWs rules writers have never been too bright :D

I think their preface to it makes it clear it's intended to not be a boarding action force

In a world of bloody Boarding Actions, it’s easy to forget the colossal battles that define the 41st Millennium are still taking place. Balefleets are the cohorts raised by Abaddon and Vashtorr, tasked with collecting the artefacts needed to complete their meticulous plan.

I like the marine one, I've been after the assault intercessor kit to build a bunch of alternate Sgts for a while and the new points costs makes that a nice tie in with some discounts (and I can always use more Heavy Intercessors)

If only those Cultists had some actual customizability - all of the special weapons are locked in the "Cultist Warband" set. The only thing multiple versions of the "Chaos Cultists" kit gets you is the option to build two of the models as both Champion and chaff.

Liking the chaos ones ok.  Wish the possessed and cultists had a bit more customization, but I guess that’s not a huge deal.  cultists i can raid the bits box or paint different skin tones on duplicates.  Possessed… hmm that’ll be a challenge.

i do want a heldrake and that Prince though.

Really hoping we will see some good second hand prices on Abby.

im guessing $150 for the patrol and $210 for the big box?

When they've done these spray releases for AoS (e.g. the Broken Realms campaign in support of AoS 3.0) and Warcry, there have been different price points depending on the contents of the kit. The spread tended to be $15-20. I'm guessing that's what we'll see here, otherwise that marine bundle is going to sit for a while.

10 minutes ago, Vesalius said:

Liking the chaos ones ok.  Wish the possessed and cultists had a bit more customization, but I guess that’s not a huge deal.  cultists i can raid the bits box or paint different skin tones on duplicates.  Possessed… hmm that’ll be a challenge.

i do want a heldrake and that Prince though.

Really hoping we will see some good second hand prices on Abby.

im guessing $150 for the patrol and $210 for the big box?

Can't be $150 for the Space Marine one, as it's $60 for assault intercessors, $65 for heavy intercessors and $38 for the character. Would be a savings of what, $13 or so?

The big box is probably $210 like the others have been so far, that looks to be pretty consistent.