If the CSM one is the same price then it's a very good discount against the RRP of the models (over 50% off), but i really do not need yet more Legionaries and duplicate monopose Cultists. Hopefully we might see a few discount Abaddons on eBay.

Valrak had some more rumors in his video regarding a Admech, Grey Knights, Drukhari boarding patrol (as well as Snikrot and Farsight each coming in one.) Personally I think apart from farsight these are just the more imminent ones and there are likely more.

Few interesting things, the Drukhari one apparently is wych cult heavy.. wich will be interesting to see as wych cults, besides 2 HQ options have a grand total of 1 unit thats applicable. its a cheap one too, both in point cost and monetary value. I Imagine lelith hesperax and 3x10 wyches. The savings will be incredibly low if its the same price as the marine one, and that for a unit that has been around for a while (and relatively cheap.) here's hoping this might mean it comes with new beasts ( as special exclusion has been made in the rules, despite them not even being available from GW.) though this borders on wishful thinking.

the Snikrot one could also be more imminent than we think... each arks of omen book also covers special rules for factions featured therein.. and as has been said twice on warhammer community the Ork rules are in AoO Angron, this makes it much less likely that its Farsight vs Snikrot/Orks, because if orks were one of the main players there, and no storyline role in Angron at all, it would have made more sense to have their bespoke boarding actions rules featured in that book.

Regardless of were they appear Id guess the Snikrot one comes with kommandos, Flashgitz and a Gretchin unit ( the latter two I speculate because both have gotten special exception rules.)

15 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Valrak had some more rumors in his video regarding a Admech, Grey Knights, Drukhari boarding patrol (as well as Snikrot and Farsight each coming in one.) Personally I think apart from farsight these are just the more imminent ones and there are likely more.

Few interesting things, the Drukhari one apparently is wych cult heavy.. wich will be interesting to see as wych cults, besides 2 HQ options have a grand total of 1 unit thats applicable. its a cheap one too, both in point cost and monetary value. I Imagine lelith hesperax and 3x10 wyches. The savings will be incredibly low if its the same price as the marine one, and that for a unit that has been around for a while (and relatively cheap.) here's hoping this might mean it comes with new beasts ( as special exclusion has been made in the rules, despite them not even being available from GW.) though this borders on wishful thinking.

the Snikrot one could also be more imminent than we think... each arks of omen book also covers special rules for factions featured therein.. and as has been said twice on warhammer community the Ork rules are in AoO Angron, this makes it much less likely that its Farsight vs Snikrot/Orks, because if orks were one of the main players there, and no storyline role in Angron at all, it would have made more sense to have their bespoke boarding actions rules featured in that book.

Regardless of were they appear Id guess the Snikrot one comes with kommandos, Flashgitz and a Gretchin unit ( the latter two I speculate because both have gotten special exception rules.)

Wyches could also have the venom so basically the old drukhari SC

12 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

The Wych cult one is especially interesting, as you mention, Wych Cults have especially few units available! The Boarding Patrol could be a Succubus/Lelith, 20 Wyches and 5 Incubi, although they're probably not kits they're struggling to sell!

Is it really so much to ask for a Drukhari box to be Coven themed just once, ever? Fudge sake GW Wracks have never been bundled and have been direct-only most of the time they've been out. A Haemonculus, 10 Wracks and a Pain Engine in a box and I'll take two, although I appreciate that even this is pie in the sky as I don't think you can take Pain Engines in boarding actions anyway.

46 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Is it really so much to ask for a Drukhari box to be Coven themed just once, ever? Fudge sake GW Wracks have never been bundled and have been direct-only most of the time they've been out. A Haemonculus, 10 Wracks and a Pain Engine in a box and I'll take two, although I appreciate that even this is pie in the sky as I don't think you can take Pain Engines in boarding actions anyway.

I was genuinely surprised the Kill Team wasn't Coven themed (at least if it hadn't been Mandrakes). Kabalites would have been at the bottom of my guesses. 

Judging by them not even getting a generic Haemonculus during the initial revamp, it's fair to say they're not daddy's favourite.

7 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

Judging by them not even getting a generic Haemonculus during the initial revamp, it's fair to say they're not daddy's favourite.

There was a generic Haemonculus during the 5th Edition revamp (this guy came out in 2011 at the same time as the Finecast Wracks and the somehow-still-current Grotesque)

finecast-haemonculi.jpg

13 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

More models more expensive and one of those models and all the upgrade sprues are pretty useless if you’re not a son of dorn.

On 2/4/2023 at 2:27 AM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

More models more expensive and one of those models and all the upgrade sprues are pretty useless if you’re not a son of dorn.

But switching the Assault Intercessors for Aggressors per your suggestion makes the boarding patrol worse value in terms of savings, worse value in terms of points and worse value in terms of model count. 

If you have a personal preference for Aggressors here that's fine, but it objectively makes the box worse in every measurable respect.

9 hours ago, Halandaar said:

But switching the Assault Intercessors for Aggressors per your suggestion makes the boarding patrol worse value in terms of savings, worse value in terms of points and worse value in terms of model count. 

If you have a personal preference for Aggressors here that's fine, but it objectively makes the box worse in every measurable respect.

Never said it made it better in any financial or PpD way.

just seems weird to me that 2/3 of the units are gravis, and the assault intercessors just feel kind of random to me.

On 1/30/2023 at 1:54 PM, jaxom said:

The Space Marine Boarding Patrol is priced about the same as the old Start Collecting boxs, with a similar body count. The old Space Wolf one was 10 Intercessors, 3 Aggressors, and a Space Wolf Primaris Battle Leader. So trade the Aggressors for Heavy Intercessors and the Battle Leader for a Gravis Captain.

So final going has it as USD20 more than the old Start Collecting Box. Still, considering the Intercessors and Heavy Intercessors would be about USD125, that's not only a free character, but USD15 less than normal. 

On 2/3/2023 at 7:19 AM, Halandaar said:

I think they should release a 10th ed vs boxset centred around Haemonculi covens with plastic Urien Rakarth, plastic squad of Grotesques, 10 wracks, and a pain engine.

1 hour ago, -DonCorleone- said:

I think they should release a 10th ed vs boxset centred around Haemonculi covens with plastic Urien Rakarth, plastic squad of Grotesques, 10 wracks, and a pain engine.

vs Emperors Children. Oh Id throw so much money at that... Shame it would never happen. 

Oh man, these are pretty nice to be honest. The 'nid one feels a little sparse but 6 Warriors is definitely a beefy set of models!

AHGhlBjCXS57v4tI.jpg

wdPeUTur99dbPIcY.jpg

zTfiUtNNgqyTFs3U.jpg

Interesting tidbit:

Reconnaissance suggests that the other factions in the 41st Millennium are mustering their own Boarding Patrols.

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

It's a bit odd they didn't put an hq unit in the necron box. 

'Here's a boarding patrol but to play it you're going to have to buy another £18-£25 model first'.

Even putting in one of those royal wardens they can't seem to give away would be something.