9 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's a bit odd they didn't put an hq unit in the necron box. 

'Here's a boarding patrol but to play it you're going to have to buy another £18-£25 model first'.

Even putting in one of those royal wardens they can't seem to give away would be something.

I can see why you'd probably want one, but an HQ is optional in a boarding patrol, you'll need an HQ to expand to normal games though.

15 minutes ago, Craig said:

It's a bit odd they didn't put an hq unit in the necron box. 

'Here's a boarding patrol but to play it you're going to have to buy another £18-£25 model first'.

Even putting in one of those royal wardens they can't seem to give away would be something.

It's pretty good if you're wanting to expand an existing force at least. I'm sure a lot of people buying 'discount boxes' have a lot of grey, on-the-sprue HQs laying around they already had one or more off (Commissars and Primaris Lieutenant probably being the worst example).

Again with the Broodlord and those ancient Genestealers. Feels like they're in 3 out of 4 Tyranid boxes. At least the Warriors are good!

Anyway, assuming these are all going to be the same price as the Marines one:

Chaos Marines - £132.50 Value (50.94% saving)

Necrons - £130 Value (50.00% saving)

Tyranids - £118.50 Value (45.15% saving)

Space Marines - £101.50 Value (35.96% saving)

Grey Knights - £100.00 Value (35.00% saving)

This broadly matches the price pattern of combat patrols, where Xenos factions consistently have the highest savings and loyalist Astartes the lowest although tbh i'd be surprised if GW puts out any of these boxes with a 50% saving, so perhaps they will have variable prices like Start Collecting sets rather than consistent pricing like Combat Patrols.

8 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

It's pretty good if you're wanting to expand an existing force at least. I'm sure a lot of people buying 'discount boxes' have a lot of grey, on-the-sprue HQs laying around they already had one or more off (Commissars and Primaris Lieutenant probably being the worst example).

Necrons especially are easy to obtain HQ's. The starter boxes for 40k, the Annihilation Barge spare Lord, and even the standalone Hierotek circle release

13 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

I find it odd for the promo shot they built 5 triarchs when they even write in the article you can't use them in boarding actions

Good catch - I suspect the slightly daft answer is they don't actually have 10 Lychguard painted in the right colour scheme as the promo shots for the sword and board Lychguard are in the old silver scheme rather than the new Szarekhan scheme. 

ooph some are so flavorless and random it hurts... I know most people dont care about that, and neither should I, because you add the flavor yourself in your army... but I cant help it, I like boxsets to "tell a story"

Also I know it sounds unnecessary on a forum were most people are experienced players, but, if a boarding patrol cant have triarch praetorians, then dont show triarch praetorians on the boarding patrol boxset. on the eldar reddit that ignorance of wysiwyg had regular confusion among new players who base purchases and initial army building not on careful planning as an experienced player would, but on the example pictures they see. Example armies should at all times be possible, not necessarily competitive or good, but at the very least possible.

I think I have 3 broodlords already, I dont need another. I dread to think how many genestealers I might have from different boxes/eras.

I like the Grey Knights box, one of the few factions I haven't really dabbled in yet so this seems like a nice starting place.

1 hour ago, -DonCorleone- said:

Looks like Tyranids are getting repainted. The blades and carapace on the weapons of the Tyranid Warriors are blackish coloured instead of the usual reddish colours, I think I see some speck of red near the hilt of the bone swords.

Interesting catch that, the models shown are definitely the same ones from the product page and although they always had black-ish carapace on the guns, the boneswords and talons have certainly been repainted. Bit of foreshadowing, a bit like when Illuminor Szeras came out in Psychic Awakening in a new colour scheme.

10 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

10 hours ago, sitnam said:

Necrons especially are easy to obtain HQ's. The starter boxes for 40k, the Annihilation Barge spare Lord, and even the standalone Hierotek circle release

Hands down this. I picked up two Elite boxes and a few eBay things on the cheap, and adding this boarding patrol box will give me enough for 1500 points.

On 2/7/2023 at 11:01 AM, lhg033 said:

I think I have 3 broodlords already, I dont need another. I dread to think how many genestealers I might have from different boxes/eras.

I like the Grey Knights box, one of the few factions I haven't really dabbled in yet so this seems like a nice starting place.

Get enough of them and you can have Truescaled Genestealers to go against the possible upscaled Termies the rumors are talking about.