Yarrick, Commissars, Creed and Inquisitors Made-To-Order

This is not a drill. The 5th edition Commissars (AKA the best ones) are going Made-To-Order!|

• Both Yarricks
  • Creed (no Kell?)
  • Severina Raine
  • Lord Commissar
  • Commissars (no Armageddon version)
  • Inquisitors (no tome version)

FdCnt0fWAAId3I_?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Lord Marshal

1 hour ago, Lord Marshal said:

Never thought I'd see the day somebody wants a model in Finecrap over metal.

It may not be the majority be its far from uncommon, especially since they ironed out most of the finecast problems.

Interesting that they included one of the 2nd ed Commissars but only one, and yeah, no Kell sucks.

I am quite surprised when I look at the two Yarricks side by side I think the older one looks quite a bit better sculpted. Sure, the pose is a bit more stiff and the claw is a dated design but the coat looks more detailed and his weapons appear more ornate. It's like the follow-up sculptor couldn't replicate some of the details and just left them off. I don't think either is a bad model, I've just surprised myself that I prefer the older Yarrick model and I don't think it's nostalgia based for once.

I do like that you can see the age difference between the two Yarricks.

I hope we get one last update where it's clear that he's 90% bionic, his mortal life stretched far beyond any reasonable boundary to serve the Imperium's desperate need for propaganda figures. 

4 hours ago, Magos Takatus said:

I am quite surprised when I look at the two Yarricks side by side I think the older one looks quite a bit better sculpted. Sure, the pose is a bit more stiff and the claw is a dated design but the coat looks more detailed and his weapons appear more ornate. It's like the follow-up sculptor couldn't replicate some of the details and just left them off. I don't think either is a bad model, I've just surprised myself that I prefer the older Yarrick model and I don't think it's nostalgia based for once.

I always prefered the old look personally, and wish they had kept that claw design whey they updated him

6 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

Never thought I'd see the day somebody wants a model in Finecrap over metal.

Count me in as one that prefere resin to metal

On 1/11/2023 at 3:58 AM, Marshal Reinhard said:

Huh. I was gonna ask myself how they'd square the Yarricks with him not having rules anymore... but then again Legends?

They still haven't made legend rules for him yet. Hopefully soon.

On 1/10/2023 at 4:49 PM, Shinespider said:

I do like that you can see the age difference between the two Yarricks.

I hope we get one last update where it's clear that he's 90% bionic, his mortal life stretched far beyond any reasonable boundary to serve the Imperium's desperate need for propaganda figures. 

Alas poor Yarrick?

Servoskull.jpg

What happened to Severina Raine?

I bought the book and the miniature when it was release, but we never get a sequel or even some rumors about it.

I guess it didn't sell so good. Shame, I like the character, you can trace similitudes with Gaunt's story but it was interesting and new noneless.

I'm really surprised that Raine isn't a part of the regular line. She's a wonderful model, and it's nice to have the option of a female commissar. 

Some of the other models have aged pretty badly. I think the new model from GW that's coming with the 9th edition codex is the best generic commissar GW have produced.

1 hour ago, Orange Knight said:

Some of the other models have aged pretty badly. I think the new model from GW that's coming with the 9th edition codex is the best generic commissar GW have produced.

You might be the only person I've seen speak positively of the new Commissar.

His stance is awkwardly stilted and coupled with his closed greatcoat he comes off as having very weird proportions at a glance. The face also looks quite poor, but that might just be the 'Eavy Metal style rarely being flattering to faces. 

Commissar9th.jpg

Edited by Lord Marshal

2 hours ago, Lord Marshal said:

You might be the only person I've seen speak positively of the new Commissar.

His stance is awkwardly stilted and coupled with his closed greatcoat he comes off as having very weird proportions at a glance. The face also looks quite poor, but that might just be the 'Eavy Metal style rarely being flattering to faces. 

Commissar9th.jpg

Beside his small hat do I have no problem with him

1 hour ago, Mana said:

where can I see the red sash? The trademark sign of commissar authority?

If you take a look at the classic commisars do neither all of them have a red sash

Edited by Gamiel