[Two Thin Coats] 2nd Wave for Jan 24th

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/transatlantisgames/two-thin-coats-wave-2

I'm probably going to back for more this time, I only got the two Blood Effects last time.

Edited by Jolemai

Having bought the full line in the first wave I will not back this fully. Simply because I dont need 60 more paints. But I will check it out though!

I have a lot of colors now to choose from so I can paint pretty much everything I want now without having to mix.

The colors themselves are pretty good. Most colors cover well and they all come with mixing balls already in them. A lot of them needs to be shaken pretty well(why I just got a vortex mixer which is worth it!). The metallics in particular covers very well. The only color Im not super stoked about is the yellows. They dont cover very well at all. But its yellow so it is to be expected.

These are great paints but nothing revolutionary. Just like the other good paints you can get.
Lasty if you like the old Nuln oil their Oblivion Black Wash feels very much like it.

There were quite a few gaps in the first wave so this is good to see. Looks like some Glazes coming too

Ive just just got the metallics from wave 1 and they are superb, so tempted to back this

On 1/18/2023 at 3:50 PM, Grotsmasha said:

I forgot about all the positive stuff I've heard about the metallics, hopefully the 1st wave will be orderable here too.

It looks like the first wave is also available, now that it's live. I ordered the first wave from the UK at a reasonable price to get it shipped here from the US, so I decided to only get the second wave.

I’m hoping I can get in on this in the next couple days for the early bird. I know it’s only $12usd savings, but I am for the new wave.

3 hours ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

It looks like the first wave is also available, now that it's live. I ordered the first wave from the UK at a reasonable price to get it shipped here from the US, so I decided to only get the second wave.

It is. It can be done as wave 1 by itself or with both together on a single backing.

$192 for wave 1, or $360 for both wave 1&2.

Unfortunaetly, there's no smaller Pledge Levels,like last time, it's either 1 full set, or both, which is a shame, as I'm already commited to "All-In" with the Marvel United Multiverse Kickstarter, or I'd be temped to get both full wave of the paints :cry:

I went in for both sets this time. I’ve just gotten an airbrush and the Citadel paint pots are annoying me to no end when trying to get them into my paint cup or droppers. The dropper bottles are an extra bonus to supporting Duncan and getting a full set of quality paints. I’ll be kicking in for the stands as well. I’d rather get these all in one shot than slowly amass a Vallejo or Army Painter line. 

16 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

Unfortunaetly, there's no smaller Pledge Levels,like last time, it's either 1 full set, or both, which is a shame, as I'm already commited to "All-In" with the Marvel United Multiverse Kickstarter, or I'd be temped to get both full wave of the paints :cry:

I’d have imagined they would do something with add-ons.

On 1/25/2023 at 12:08 AM, Harleqvin said:

It also cracks me up that they made glazes. 83F3349F-E51E-4D3B-A42B-6F36F0DA1258.thumb.jpeg.6aad8d340fc557ee83c74ba44280e9ec.jpegthe red, green, blue, and yellow look like the old GW glazes. Lqtm.

I actually quite like that, honestly. For airbrushing especially having some glaze-ready paint is a very helpful thing.