Sky-hunter Squadrons (Plastic Jetbikes!)

4 minutes ago, jaxom said:

I'm guessing they're plastic, but I don't think I actually read they are in the article.

From the article:

The Scimitar Jetbikes of the Age of Darkness are modifications of complex pre-Imperium designs. Essentially compact aircraft with the addition of grav-impellors, they rush your Space Marines into combat at great speed. And soon you’ll be able to add them to your army in plastic

I dont play HH but I do still play 1st ed, now I can have some characters on jetbikes. :thumbsup: My Blood Drinkers are getting new toys!! :biggrin:

I wonder if I can fit a Guard Commissar on one of these?? 

32 minutes ago, Imren said:

Nice! Although the resin ones are not that tough to build. Too bad they got nerfed so much in the new rules you barely see any play them nowadays.

? Jetbikes are a great unit in 2nd. You can get a lot of multimeltas on a very very fast chassis, that doesn't eat up a heavy support slot, and can now leave combat. 

Their biggest downside is liking a critical mass of models, and that's completely stonewalled by their monetary price for most people. 

Fan sculpt creators/3d-printers will probably cover the desire for people to go beakless.

What I would be interested to see if GW planned for the eventual Mk2 and Mk5 waves to include something like an upgrade sprue for bikes offering different rider. If the riders are all on a separate sprue it might be even more than just wishlisting on my end.

3 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

Fan sculpt creators/3d-printers will probably cover the desire for people to go beakless.

What I would be interested to see if GW planned for the eventual Mk2 and Mk5 waves to include something like an upgrade sprue for bikes offering different rider. If the riders are all on a separate sprue it might be even more than just wishlisting on my end.

Also, if the bikes are on their own sprue, it could open up the possibility for characters using the same basis.

18 minutes ago, sitnam said:

Does MKVI plate just turn anyone else off? I love jetbikes even though I'm not a HH guy, but even here the Corvus armor kind of ruins it for me. Im hoping we start seeing MKV patterns as a second wave of squad releases, since I doubt we get new MKIII and iV anytime soon

Honestly I’m just going to swap heads and shoulder pads and at a distance it will look Mk IV or at least the “hybrid” marks I use in some of my legions. I like beakies, but I like to save them for just my Alpha Legion for now. 

Tbf if you have the Mk3/4 plastic kits youll have loads of heads and pads to do a straightforward swap, body and legs is a bit more work for less return but its not complicated.

Having a seperate rider sprue would be amazing but it feels unlikely

2 hours ago, sitnam said:

Does MKVI plate just turn anyone else off? I love jetbikes even though I'm not a HH guy, but even here the Corvus armor kind of ruins it for me. Im hoping we start seeing MKV patterns as a second wave of squad releases, since I doubt we get new MKIII and iV anytime soon

I think on these bikes it looks pretty good, and those helmets are more aerodynamic, I suppose.

I think GW have decided that MKVI will be the face of the plastic Heresy going forward. 

Cool to see these previewed. It's a bit of a shame they didn't do the Bullock pattern with the eagle on the front, but I suppose making the scimitar in plastic makes the most sense.

I wonder if these will get 40k rules? Lorewise Sammael's jetbike was the last jetbike in the imperium, but with custodes jetbikes now around I wonder if they'll abandon that. Plus, it's an opportunity to expand the potential customer base