Sky-hunter Squadrons (Plastic Jetbikes!)

On 2/6/2023 at 7:56 PM, Sgt John Keel said:

techmarines and HQs are relentless in themselves, but I'm not sure what happens to apothecaries on bikes. Relentless is on a per-model basis, I assume (not currently with my book)?

Apocs gain all special rules that the squad has, so if attached to a relentless squad they would get it also. 

2 hours ago, Old-Four-Arms said:

This file in the closed "Pricing Update" thread, line 557..

March 6th price hike .xls file (US prices):

https://trade.games-workshop.com/assets/2023/02/Feb 23 US Price File.xlsx

So much for 6% ...more like 16% for a lot of this!

3 hours ago, painting.for.my.sanity said:

So much for 6% ...more like 16% for a lot of this!

Yep, the average price hike across the Heresy products on the list is 19%. 25% bump on the Jetbikes which aren't even out yet is particularly disgraceful.

I've chopped that spreadsheet about every which way and the only way I can fathom they've arrived at a 6% average increase is that all the stuff not on the list (i.e. the direct only items) are not going up at all, because the average increase across the entire model range on the spreadsheet is about 15%, not 6%.

EDIT - Probably should caveat this by saying it may be that the 6% claimed by GW is for UK pricing only and not necessarily other regions. The example they used of a Battle Sister Squad going from £36 to £37.50 is a little over 4%, but the same kit on the USA pricing list is going from $60 to $70 (+16.7%).

Edited by Halandaar

6 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Yep, the average price hike across the Heresy products on the list is 19%. 25% bump on the Jetbikes which aren't even out yet is particularly disgraceful.

I've chopped that spreadsheet about every which way and the only way I can fathom they've arrived at a 6% average increase is that all the stuff not on the list (i.e. the direct only items) are not going up at all, because the average increase across the entire model range on the spreadsheet is about 15%, not 6%.

Yeah this is... not great. I was pleasantly surprised with the pricing across the 30k plastic range thusfar. But with everything getting hit with a 20% increase that makes my plans a lot smaller for the forseeable future.

12 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Yeah this is... not great. I was pleasantly surprised with the pricing across the 30k plastic range thusfar. But with everything getting hit with a 20% increase that makes my plans a lot smaller for the forseeable future.

Heresy will still be relatively well priced compared to 40K - a Deimos Rhino is still going to be the cheaper than the Mars, Chaos or Sororitas versions as those are all going up by a similar amount. But yeah. Really takes the edge off the perceived reasonable pricing of the Heresy range when you whack the entire lot up by the best part of 20% less than a year after launch.

41 minutes ago, derLumpi said:

And this is only for the US? 25% is a lot. 

Yeah this is the only legit price file that's appeared on the GW trade website so far, nothing for EUR or GBP. But I am certainly assuming our increases will match these in percentage terms when I'm working out what i'm going to be spending my money on in the near future.

4 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Yeah this is the only legit price file that's appeared on the GW trade website so far, nothing for EUR or GBP. But I am certainly assuming our increases will match these in percentage terms when I'm working out what i'm going to be spending my money on in the near future.

Honestly, I think there might be a bit of scrambling behind the scenes. This morning I saw they changed the post a bit, giving a more detailed breakdown and saying Australia and New Zealand were excluded from the price raises and now it's back to the original message.

17 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Honestly, I think there might be a bit of scrambling behind the scenes. This morning I saw they changed the post a bit, giving a more detailed breakdown and saying Australia and New Zealand were excluded from the price raises and now it's back to the original message.

Also, on reflection, there is obviously a regional disparity because the example kit used by GW (Battle Sisters) they said was going from £36 to £37.50, which is about 4%. The same kit goes up 16.7% on the US price list.

14 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Also, on reflection, there is obviously a regional disparity because the example kit used by GW (Battle Sisters) they said was going from £36 to £37.50, which is about 4%. The same kit goes up 16.7% on the US price list.

The US average is something like 16-20%. If the document is correct, even if you cook the books and average in all the things not changing, you still hit an average of 10% like 13% increase in the US (Edit: math was a bit wrong while tired last night), which is not even close to that 6% number tossed around.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion
messed something up when tired

2 hours ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

You know what's not increasing in price? The quote of $10 CAD per complete bike my buddy gave me for 3d printing. 

Was willing to give a pass to the new plastic ones to check out the new range, but on top of the price increases... Yeah, same.  Checked my repository of STL's, there's MKIV on jetbikes in thar alright.

Welp. Time for $1 or less worth of resin per-model prints, yet again.

49 minutes ago, BLACK BLΠFLY said:

Has geedub released 40K rules for this unit ?

Nope. Just a 30k thing at the mo. Not sure I see that changing anytime soon tbh. That said, I might run them as attack-bike proxies.

Edited by Doobles88

These price hikes are outrageous. I was dumb enough to think "6% isn't bad" but the USD increase is double that and doesn't even make sense in conversion. They already scalp the currency conversion rate (they assume GBP to USD is like 1.65 dollars per GBP) so this stinks of pure greed to feed their investors. 

Absolutely insane!