Warhammer Preview LVO - 27.01.2023

If they do HH, I am guessing we will be getting the RG upgrades on Thursday, while the preview will contain either the Cerberus, psyker character or both

For 40k? Prolly the more details on the Xenos AoO book. Regarding space marines I think the odds are low, as the desolators & Brutalis may be part of the 10ed wave. But that also depends on how they handle the Lion & Dark Angel refresh/update

Edited by Misterduch

8 minutes ago, Azaiel said:

Wait, I must have missed the Tau vs Orks thing. Where has this been revealed?

It's more or less pieced together from teasers, warcom article implications, and rumours. Both Farsight and Snikrot were teased via Silhouette in the "this year in 40k" article, while the announcement for Arks of Omen called the 4th book a distinctly Xenos affair, thus implying no chaos or imperium if you squint a bit. Lastly the rumours alleged to both factions, though it's not clear if it's a VS box, distinct flavours of Boarding Patrol boxes, or a battleforce each.

Personally my money is on a boarding patrol each; with Snikrot and at least a squad of kommandos, and Farsight with at least a squad of crisis suits.

LVO usually has plenty of big reveals, compared to some other events. However I think the real focus might be the Seraphon for AoS.

I hope this time they will just do a full reveal for kill team.. but it will likely be just the one arbites model. Book 4/Farsight/Snikrot/Primaris reinforcements/Dante(?) could be revealed or teased, but it does depend on wether we already know everything coming with book 2 and 3 and how far off they actually are.

Im still not 100% convinced book 4 will be Farsight vs Orks (more like 90%), I see a (very small) chance we could see snikrot or both of them actually release with AoO Angron. (most theorising put in spoiler tag, lots of text.)

Spoiler

- afaik Snikrot is mostly linked to armageddon narrative, as is Angron. With Yarricks sudden death.. I think part of the book will play out on armageddon. If part of this I dont expect Snikrot to be significant in the bigger narrative if he would be here, though there is a possible significant role I could seen him play out... at the end of all the worldeaters vs imperium slaughter Snikrot finds yarrick.. not death but dying, contemplating wether he should take yarrick to ghazkull death or alive. <the end>

all combined likely not even a page of narrative, but enough to include the Ork boarding action rules and Snikrot miniature/boardin patrol box with the Angron release.

- I could also imagine interesting/fitting narrative potential involving farsight in an angron narrative... but its too farfetched to be the case ;)
The Dawnblade is somehow tied to a khorne temple, I could see a opening narrative where in order to bind angron more permanently to real space, eight sacrifices/murders need to be made with the dawnblade, vashtorr, probably able to interact with technology, somehow manages to manipulate pilots of tau suits.. to be precise.. the Eight. And in a bloody and painful storyline farsight has to kill his close friends because of whatever manipulation has been played out. It could be pretty grim, and is gathering storm level of setting evolution.. especially for poor farsight. But I cant see farsight ever wanting to touch the blade again after such an event.

However more likely there is a one or more other significant xenos elements missing from that combo.
Since we know that the 3 books will come together in book 5; the big imperium vs chaos war wich culminates to 10th edition (rumored to be vs tyranids).

When we first saw the farsight silhouette (and thus confirming him 100%) I was wondering if the big tyranid threat is Behemoth resurgent instead of Leviathan.. a full on assault on the tau empire (farsight coming for aid), Iyanden (cue throwing in all eldar factions) and an underprotected macragge.
This would mean guilleman has to chose between saving his homeworld and fighting abaddons/vashtorrs gigantic fleet... cue the Lion taking his place as commander in that war..-> Book 5

However, that would include no Snikrot and no chaos ark.. so probably not.

There is also that ancient necron rumor engine, and this week Loremasters will talk about trazyn, just in time to announce Arks of Omen Trazyn. I could get behind a grimdark/xenos The Good (Farsight), the bad (Trazyn) and the ugly (Snikrot) against a Galactic uncivil war raging in the background ;)

2 hours ago, TheMawr said:

LVO usually has plenty of big reveals, compared to some other events. However I think the real focus might be the Seraphon for AoS.

I hope this time they will just do a full reveal for kill team.. but it will likely be just the one arbites model. Book 4/Farsight/Snikrot/Primaris reinforcements/Dante(?) could be revealed or teased, but it does depend on wether we already know everything coming with book 2 and 3 and how far off they actually are.

Im still not 100% convinced book 4 will be Farsight vs Orks (more like 90%), I see a (very small) chance we could see snikrot or both of them actually release with AoO Angron. (most theorising put in spoiler tag, lots of text.)

Reveal hidden contents

- afaik Snikrot is mostly linked to armageddon narrative, as is Angron. With Yarricks sudden death.. I think part of the book will play out on armageddon. If part of this I dont expect Snikrot to be significant in the bigger narrative if he would be here, though there is a possible significant role I could seen him play out... at the end of all the worldeaters vs imperium slaughter Snikrot finds yarrick.. not death but dying, contemplating wether he should take yarrick to ghazkull death or alive. <the end>

all combined likely not even a page of narrative, but enough to include the Ork boarding action rules and Snikrot miniature/boardin patrol box with the Angron release.

- I could also imagine interesting/fitting narrative potential involving farsight in an angron narrative... but its too farfetched to be the case ;)
The Dawnblade is somehow tied to a khorne temple, I could see a opening narrative where in order to bind angron more permanently to real space, eight sacrifices/murders need to be made with the dawnblade, vashtorr, probably able to interact with technology, somehow manages to manipulate pilots of tau suits.. to be precise.. the Eight. And in a bloody and painful storyline farsight has to kill his close friends because of whatever manipulation has been played out. It could be pretty grim, and is gathering storm level of setting evolution.. especially for poor farsight. But I cant see farsight ever wanting to touch the blade again after such an event.

However more likely there is a one or more other significant xenos elements missing from that combo.
Since we know that the 3 books will come together in book 5; the big imperium vs chaos war wich culminates to 10th edition (rumored to be vs tyranids).

When we first saw the farsight silhouette (and thus confirming him 100%) I was wondering if the big tyranid threat is Behemoth resurgent instead of Leviathan.. a full on assault on the tau empire (farsight coming for aid), Iyanden (cue throwing in all eldar factions) and an underprotected macragge.
This would mean guilleman has to chose between saving his homeworld and fighting abaddons/vashtorrs gigantic fleet... cue the Lion taking his place as commander in that war..-> Book 5

There is also that ancient necron rumor engine, and this week Loremasters will talk about trazyn, just in time to announce Arks of Omen Trazyn. I could get behind a grimdark/xenos The Good (Farsight), the bad (Trazyn) and the ugly (Snikrot) against a Galactic uncivil war raging in the background ;)

What if Farsight and Snikrot are not in the Arks of Omen books, but instead in a Vs boxset. If the 10th ed starter villain are the Tyranids, then the narrative end of 9th ed should end with Tyranids like how 8th ed ended with Psychic Awakening: Pariah.

3 hours ago, TheMawr said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure about your speculation, I don't think I agree with those possibilities, as book 4 is almost certainly Farsight, but one thing I do want to agree and amplify is that there's a quite reasonable chance that some more heroes/units, such as Trazyn, Huron Blackheart, etc. pop into the narrative, just like Snikrot wasn't in our original rumors, although the characters in that are quite on track.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

33 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

So, we know the Angron book is against something, we don’t know what.

I guess we will see what Angron is against.

Wasn’t there a rumour ages ago that there’d be a WE vs Primaris new units box? Was that from a set of debunked rumours? Seems like it could fit here?

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

So, we know the Angron book is against something, we don’t know what.

I guess we will see what Angron is against.

Spoilers below from the Arks of Omen Abaddon book:

Spoiler

"Unexpected machinations see the foe amass a force about Malakbael too great for any Balefleet to overcome Their entire fourth crusade fleet gathers about the site like filings to a magnet. Acquisition cannot be achieved."

Abaddon could not help himself. The laughter stole up his throat and escaped his lips, hard and cruel. He felt a species of delight at the revelation that this daemon demigod was not as omniscient as it sought to appear.

"Account for your mirth." The irritation in Vashtorr's voice was as clear as the pleasure of a moment before.

"It does not matter how many armies the corpse-worshippers amass at Malakbael. The fates have been cruel indeed to those loyalist lapdogs. Sainted Guilliman himself could take the field there. He would not stop what is coming for them."

"Of what do you speak, Warmaster? What power has been unleashed against Malakbael?"

The daemon sounded wary. As well it might, thought Abaddon. He felt a cruel smile twist his features as he spoke a single word, two syllables that had spelled the death of civilisations, the annihilation of worlds, the murder of entire species.

"Angron."

It's not concrete in what he's likely to be facing but a rainbow of Imperium forces is my guess. It's Angron, mind, so as long as it bleeds he wants a piece

LVO does generally have a HH-preview of some description.

• [40k] Aeldari - Avatar of Khaine, Maugan Ra, Shining Spears
  • [AoS] Vayon of the Withered Quill, Craventhrone Guard, High Gladiatrix Yelena
  • [HH] Ka'Bandha
  • [W+] Interrogator Teaser
  • [KT] Nachmund Teaser
  • [NM] Ash Wastes Teaser

• [40k] Adeptus Mechanicus - Serberys Raiders, Pteraxii, Psychic Awakening - Engine War, Ghazghkull Thraka Teaser
  • [AoS] Lumineth Realmlords - Vanari Auralan Wardens, Vanari Dawnriders, Light of Eltharion, Teclis, Battletome Seraphon, Realmshaper Engine
  • [WHU] The Wurmspat
  • [BSF] Zoat Archivist
  • [HH] Qin Xa
  • [W+] Angels of Death Teaser

• [AoS] Grand Alliance Battletomes, Battletome Blades of Khorne, Skulltaker, Judgements of Khorne, Forbidden Power Teaser
  • [WC] Warcry Teaser
  • [WHU] Ylthari's Guardians
  • [40k] Shadowspear, Abaddon Teaser

• [40k] Codex Necrons, Codex T'au Empire, Codex Drukhari, Armiger Warglaive, Cryptek
  • [AoS] Daughters of Khaine Teaser, Malign Portents
  • [WHU] Chosen Axes