Warhammer Preview LVO - 27.01.2023

6 minutes ago, sarabando said:

I have come to the conclusion that i  now despise the terms "doggo" "pupper" "heckin' good boy" etc. Thanks internet. 

The cyber mastiff looks good but a little stiff in its pose. 

Gotta be pretty ruff to hear those memes.

I guess this is the 2023 meme vote for model of the year then. It doesn't have crab claws but I'm sure it'll manage just fine.

Really really hoping for Assault Marines for HH, especially if they're not MkVI and come with Combat Shields because I'm not paying FW prices for the Grey Slayer upgrades to get some shields. 

Would be very mean if it was the RG shoulder pads and helmets.

13 hours ago, TheMawr said:

Hide contents

The Dawnblade is somehow tied to a khorne temple, I could see a opening narrative where in order to bind angron more permanently to real space, eight sacrifices/murders need to be made with the dawnblade, vashtorr, probably able to interact with technology, somehow manages to manipulate pilots of tau suits.. to be precise.. the Eight. And in a bloody and painful storyline farsight has to kill his close friends because of whatever manipulation has been played out. It could be pretty grim, and is gathering storm level of setting evolution.. especially for poor farsight. But I cant see farsight ever wanting to touch the blade again after such an event.

As much as I'd like to see this happen, and Farsight going down a more Khornate path where he belongs, I don't see GW killing off the Eight. Besides, that wouldn't actually be eight kills, it would be seven, because Farsight himself is a member of the Eight.

19 minutes ago, Legionary Pallas said:

As much as I'd like to see this happen, and Farsight going down a more Khornate path where he belongs, I don't see GW killing off the Eight. Besides, that wouldn't actually be eight kills, it would be seven, because Farsight himself is a member of the Eight.

Not only that, but sacrificing Ob’lotai 9-0 wouldn’t do much as far as “blood”… he’s not a Tau, but an AI engram.

16 hours ago, Tymell said:

I mean, if they're for a dog theme...

If past previews are anything to go by, they'll hype up the Cerberus during the preview and put out mk2 breachers and mk5 assault marines previews in random articles on the community site.

Edited by matcap86

The plastic jetbikes were a pretty big slice of the 'plastic generic unit' pie, so I was pretty surprised they revealed them last week and not at LVO. That does make me wonder if they have something bigger planned. The Cerberus isn't that big of a deal since we know about the Typhon already and it's just an extra sprue for the Spartan. A Consul (whether it's Dark Emissary, Librarian or Esoterist) isn't really a big deal either. 

My guess is we might get all the above, plus the suspected Traitor Agent and a Liber Warmaster/Chaotica/whatever reveal, but even then, they've shown things like Liber Imperium and Assassins off during Heresy Thursdays rather than at big events. 

It could be we start getting the first of the supplementary books ALA Titanicus, particularly as there's been a few brand new pieces of art cropping up here and there with nowhere to call home.

I was wondering what model they were going to reveal for monday, but guessed it was another necromunda gap-filler. Kind of smart to cheese their own schedule with both the least and most important part of the next full kill team.

14 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

I wonder if the arbites will be a kill team release with 40k rules:ermm:

That would make far more sense, than rules to deploy police on the battlefield:laugh:

Whole Unit has Agents of the Imperium would be my guess. Boarding Patrols at least already cover it, from it we can already guess it's a Troop slot unit.

Now all that remains to see is an Agents of the Imperium codex down the line, since now we have HQs, Elites, and Troops all among Inquisitors, Rogue Traders, and Arbites.

18 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

I wonder if the arbites will be a kill team release with 40k rules:ermm:

That would make far more sense, than rules to deploy police on the battlefield:laugh:

They are for kill team, yeah. 

I think Arbites could be used for 40k but it may be in limited settings such as invasions of Imperial worlds by the likes of Genestealers, Nids or Orks. I'll be using mine for Necromunda as Outland Enforcers. The Mastiff is a quite encouraging sneak peak for the look of them.

Being able to field a small Precinct/Patrol of them for 40k would be very cool but I'm not getting my hopes up. :laugh: