Warhammer Preview LVO - 27.01.2023

43 minutes ago, Cleon said:

I'd love them to do some form of 'Officer of the docks' Inspector guy, with the intent that him, and maybe 2 squads of Arbites can form the core of a Boarding patrol, maybe with some PDF?

They are led by Judges and don't really need too many excuses to show up in 40k battlefields. Many entire precincts fought in Armageddon's defense during the third war. Arbiters actually stand as a last line of defense for embattled worlds in the same way battle sisters do and often fight alongside them. They are alot more than just space cops.

Yeah Arbites have full strike forces on their own ships as well as being on the front line against any kind of invader of imperial worlds, they can turn up in any 40k game easily, its only company level at a stretch after all.

So the preview is gonna be that KT box, probably the rest of the stuff from new years  that hasnt been seen and some future Arks of omen books and boxes i guess, possibly some indication of Aod stuff but could just be the tank and characters easily enough.

Needs more Adeptus Titanicus as always.

Cyber Mastiff for the win! What a gorgeous model. I would prefer lord solar leontus ride around on a dog rather than the monstrosity they made his horse into. It can’t be the same team that made an amazing cybernetic dog model, and a horse that looks like the took an hobby knife to a regular horse and called it augmented. 

Unpopular opinion coming up......Im unsure if this is grimdark appropriate.

It may be because of the scooby doo like pose, but it seems awfully cartoonish.  Its more like what I imagine Kal Jericho's Cyber Mastiff would look like.  When Arbites have been mentioned in the lore over recent years, they are presented as being way above the level of local planetary enforcers, better armed, better trained, much more authority and grunt! 

This cyber mastiff....and I dont doubt this is because of the pose, looks more like something you'd say good boy too and it would react like a saturday morning kids cartoon.  Arbites mastiffs should be horrors on clawed paws and in no way cute, much more terror inducing.

Im not saying its a bad model, its a very goo model, and I have absolutely no doubt I will be buying at least one, just its not what I wouldve pictured.  Perhaps a slight repositioning of the legs and such would redress this?

1 hour ago, beefeb said:

Unpopular opinion coming up......Im unsure if this is grimdark appropriate.

It may be because of the scooby doo like pose, but it seems awfully cartoonish.  Its more like what I imagine Kal Jericho's Cyber Mastiff would look like.  When Arbites have been mentioned in the lore over recent years, they are presented as being way above the level of local planetary enforcers, better armed, better trained, much more authority and grunt! 

This cyber mastiff....and I dont doubt this is because of the pose, looks more like something you'd say good boy too and it would react like a saturday morning kids cartoon.  Arbites mastiffs should be horrors on clawed paws and in no way cute, much more terror inducing.

Im not saying its a bad model, its a very goo model, and I have absolutely no doubt I will be buying at least one, just its not what I wouldve pictured.  Perhaps a slight repositioning of the legs and such would redress this?

Hmmm, maybe the armour gives it the cutesy vibe, but I have bigger problem with the head which really looks like a good doggo. Personally I prefer all-robot versions and I think that the Enforcer one is much better in the overall look.

XdIwNTKEooYuxiW9.jpg

3 minutes ago, Rusted Boltgun said:

My son will love it for that reason :biggrin: 

I won't love it if the Kill Team box sells out before I can get one (as a KT rather than big 40k fan).

I hope you get your hands on one then. 

Huh, there's an idea for a WarCom filler article: who's the goodest boy of them all?

How many dog miniatures do they have in all? There's the Thunderwolves, the Hellhounds and Karanak, the Enforcer dog, and then from AoS the Stormcast bird dogs, the goblin wolves, the undead wolves, wargs from Middle Earth, and...any more?

15 minutes ago, tinpact said:

Huh, there's an idea for a WarCom filler article: who's the goodest boy of them all?

How many dog miniatures do they have in all? There's the Thunderwolves, the Hellhounds and Karanak, the Enforcer dog, and then from AoS the Stormcast bird dogs, the goblin wolves, the undead wolves, wargs from Middle Earth, and...any more?

Leman Russ is goodest boy.

30 minutes ago, Handsome Fred said:

No photo description available.

So the plates are from the old necromunda zone mortalis (don't match with the size of the kill team terrains) but the console is new and match with the style of the new scenaries.

where's that image from, one of their social channels? Not spotted it on WarCom

Just now, skylerboodie said:

where's that image from, one of their social channels? Not spotted it on WarCom

Yeah, they usually post different shots of previews etc on social media first or at the same time as articles going up

Here's today's:

20230124_120124.thumb.jpg.806531ce9d5e54bc53b86a83a95d45e2.jpg

1 hour ago, tinpact said:

How quickly they forget the successors of the great Mongel Empire...

99120116026_AMSerberysSulphurhoundsFeatu

Edited by Lord Nord

41 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Yeah, they usually post different shots of previews etc on social media first or at the same time as articles going up

Here's today's:

20230124_120124.thumb.jpg.806531ce9d5e54bc53b86a83a95d45e2.jpg

Reminds me of the redemptor dreadnaught leg plates