Warhammer Preview LVO - 27.01.2023

40 minutes ago, Nephaston said:

50/50 they'll show the full box or go "we wonder what the Arbites will be facing, ho hum."

Given they had a Dark Eldar in the 'teasers' I expect we'll see the full thing, particularly if it's just an upgrade sprue for the Kabalite Warriors.

Right at the end they tease Terminators and Genestealers for the final Kill Team box set.

The house would come down in Vegas.

Saying that, maybe they’re saving that for another year. Get 10th out this year to keep the share price up. KT and AoO have taught them that space ships are popular. Save the Terminators for a quiet patch.

My last guess.. as minimalistic as possible and taking into account the max number of kits ( 10 ) announced at lvo

40k : 3 marine kits

KT : 1 Arbites kit ( no drukhari )

WHU: 1 elves Kit

Aos: 3 lizardmen kits 

Warcry :  i think more an animated teaser and art, no full reveal 

Horus heresy : 2 kits ( the silhouettes )

non fullreveal teaser: probably farsight. Though if they do announce AoO Farsight and thus also the model, wich i doubt they will, then maybe Dante instead.

21 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

OjpVUpp.png

I would say Arbites? and Slann on the sides, the middle kind of looks like Admech but has to be something else right?

Middle silhouette reminds me of the thing in the Dante lore picture.. hooded figure and a baby demon thing .. odd, but probably coincedence 

Arbites are amazing, Drukhari are just a new sprue as already seen or am I wrong?

At a first glance, the new devastators are... not so cool.

Too busy and I am for the more guns the merrier, but with style, for Emperor's sake.

These really look like memes when someone putting guns and rocket launcher all together with no idea...

I need to see it better but the first impression is really meh for me.

And finally, does this means we will have to wait to have Vashtorr on single box? Lame move GW, lame move. To hide such a beautiful model behind all that "old" models and Azrael...

Thank the Emperor we have that amazing KT box at least. 

I’m torn on this reveal. The arbites are awesome, the lizard men rocked it, and the LT options are cool. But I was hoping for more from the brutalis and the desolators missed the mark for me too. I don’t like the overtly large size of those guns. Maybe in person I’ll change my mind but they just look comical to me. 

The Primaris release is undewhelming for me. I don't like Redemptors, so Brutalis does nothing for me, but those missile guys are a straight no. Just no. The vanilla Primaris are my favourite models in the line, but even they can be ruined with goofy weapons. I don't understand the need to strap on even more rockets.

Arbites are OK. My first reaction was "Oh, male SoB" thanks to the "gothic" aesthetic, but that's not a problem. However, I still find ArtelW's L.E.U. squads in all versions superior in design even if a bit more generic sci-fi in the looks.

I really like the Arbites, they are very well done and I think I might get that set, despite the edgy space elves. 

I like the SGT Missile Launcher well enough, but the little quad launchers I don't much care for. It almost looks like the ones in the back are carrying something else?

I dont know, I am a bit less excited about the Space Marine Stuff.

The new HH tank is cool. I will buy one of those I think. 

6 minutes ago, Burni said:

Hope the tube covers/doors are optional on the missile launchers. Would make them a bit less busy for me. Looks like a Shadowspear like book in the box also. 

I’m assuming that the Venomcrawler and  Oblits are the ones from Shadowspear - do they share a sprue? Or have they recut them separately?

They share a sprue, which has been available on its own for a few months now: Warpforged

Also, the booklet in the Agastus box is only 16 pages, but I think that's about how big the individual books in Shadowspear were.

I’m already thinking on ways to attach 40K weaponry on to those Serephons.  Now I just need to search for a xenon race that fit the models.

Arbites were also good.  I will have to see the Primaris models up close to make a final call on them.

The HH tank killer looks impressive but will need to check if it’s another bedrock design (what, too soon?)

The Desolation Squad really are a mixed bag for me; I think the size of their Missile launchers would've looked better as shoulder mounted weapons, like Devestator Lascannons or (hey!) Missile Launchers. 

I think they could be redeemed a little by converting the additional Missile tubes on top so it's a single mount, rather than two. One of these models looks from the way he's holding the weapon like he's going to get his face blown off when he fires it! :laugh: But putting a single 'tube' on top of the underslung Missile should fix that, and hopefully improve the look of the model. Just need to figure out how to make the Sergeant's gun look less... ridiculous, though :ermm::rolleyes:

I think I'll get this set, I'm starting a Primaris army this year, and everything will get used in some way or other. 

Will definitely be getting Soulshackle - though the Drukhari will be getting sold off :sweat:

15 minutes ago, Felix Antipodes said:

I’m already thinking on ways to attach 40K weaponry on to those Serephons.  Now I just need to search for a xenon race that fit the models.

You want Tarrellians, or maybe Sslyth, if you add extra arms, and a Melusai tail.