Raven Guard MKVI Upgrades

Love the beakie helmets, that bare head looks good as well, beady little eyes full of rage and a jawline that would make Henry Cavill jealous, just like a marine should look. 

Not too sure on the feathered head though, I could use it with one of the Sanguinary Guard nipple torsos and have a marine stripper. 

Good crested head and another superb bare head, but im not sure the rest justify the resin tax, solid work on the pads.

Id say again that packs of bare heads might actually have been more appealing for this wave, GW/FW have demonstrated they can get a lot of Legion culture showing on them, they work for any armour mk and elevate every legion away from bald shouty face marines. Fingers crossed eh? 

9 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

This set just highlights to me that perhaps GW shouldn't have made unique helmets unless the Legion genuinely utilised unique helmets for armour marks.

Seems like a waste of time and resources for some Legions.

yeah, resin is pricey, for me the appeal of upgrades like this is to make your special troops fancier
for example, the salamanders come away winning because the upgrade set is fantastic to add some flair to your veterans while not becoming silly

Absolutely gorgeous and best set of them all. Seriously. OG beakie marines showing everyone else how to beak. 

Restrained, simple, elegant - a lot stronger in underlining the classic beakie shape than regular plastic 40k bits which were always a tad off in that regard. The subtle lines, larger side vents, subtle crest with an illuminator, and the "widow's peak" - all small details which simply make the design work.

And then those simple, effective, easy to paint shoulder pads. The stern, decidedly RG bare face. Excellent feather crest.

Mwah, CHEF'S KISS! :wub:

I honestly wouldn't begrudge them if they went the LotD beakie skull helmet way, but very glad they made this restrained set.

image.thumb.png.bafa64511d0a222bc77e77b4d9a4407b.png

Edited by Kastor Krieg

Simple. Clean. Neat...

But a globally useless/so plain head upgrade kit. Nothing fancy that invites using these "upgraded" beakies instead of the standard ones... Money can be better saved for something else.

I dunno, by now this is the 3rd time FW made mk6 helmets for the RG. Sure, the first ones were part of an upgrade set no longer available but this is still a missed opportunity imo. The legion is one of the most under served legion in terms of models and upgrades. Instead of branching out by doing a mk3 or 4 set for example they double up and give some variety for something already available. 

That said, I was fully expecting them to not bother at all considering how little they have for the RG so I guess it's better than nothing?

13 hours ago, Mors Vincit said:

Hot trash. They could have done closer to the old FW upgrade

16748767507293575052987735388050.jpg

'Hot trash' is probably a bit harsh, isn't it?

Sure, they aren't the best in the series but they're FAR from the worst (looking at you, Space Wolves..)

On 1/26/2023 at 3:52 PM, Lord Marshal said:

6X5eua0gi8oxdilu.jpg

Like the helmet heads. The unhelmet one is to bland and lacks personality to me. Looks to similar to the IF and NL one, would have prefeared another haircut and/or some facial hair.