Very tempted by 2x Agastus boxes to spread across my marine armies. 

The Brutalis: it’s perfect as far as I’m concerned, exactly what I hoped it would be. 

Desolators: very happy to have a Tacitus armoured ranged unit but not the biggest fan of the weapon design. But will withhold final judgement until I see them in person. 

New Lieutenant: love a good plastic character with options and this one doesn’t disappoint. Good base for a Primaris captain conversion as well. 

Adeptus Arbites: absolutely brilliant! I don’t really play kill team but these guys tempt me. 

When I didn't think generic Primaris Marines could get any lamer, GW goes and does these. CQC dreadnought is just beergut-nought with new knee pads and claws stolen off the Blood Angels dreadnought. He even still has tiny feet. And don't get me started about the copyright friendly devastators, they look like bad cursed Tarkov gun memes. Height over bore anyone. With every passing year and new model released it reinforces to me that GW has absolutely no idea what to do to make Primaris cool, apologists be damned. 

Wow.... after all the memes there were around about Repulsors being ovecrowded with weapons, we get those Desolators' guns....
The design looks like those AI-generated images :laugh:
Wrong on so many levels.
I guess they are trying their best to force people not to convert their own versions from bits of older kits

Hope the tube covers/doors are optional on the missile launchers. Would make them a bit less busy for me. Looks like a Shadowspear like book in the box also. 

Dread is less different than I was expecting but I like the Redemptor so not big issue with that.

Lieutenant isn’t Gravis. Nice kit though. 

Will likely buy the box though along with a Cerberus. 

I’m assuming that the Venomcrawler and  Oblits are the ones from Shadowspear - do they share a sprue? Or have they recut them separately?

Gods the primaris designs just absolutely suck for me. They're turning into space marine orks, with every square inch going "we heard ya like guns, so we put guns on your guns, so you can gun while you gun".  At least orks do that in a good way.

SM Used to be my favorite faction but now I'm just happy HH exists... 

The desolators really bug me. Like what's with the pods being attached to the weapon and not like hung off thier power packs mounted in the back. Mates got a primed missle pod held against his chest where does the exhaust go. How the hell does the chain gun missle luancher work too... what a nonsense gun. 

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

Jesus those missile launchers are bad. They look like someone had a perfectly serviceable small rotary missile launcher and laser targetter, and then went ahead and bolted on an entire other oversized rocket launcher. These should've been gravis models with a cyclone style overhead rack, not whatever that is. Also, agree on the stubber thing, its dumb, marine stuff shouldn't have stubbers on it, there's no reason for it when stormbolters and heavy bolters have been the marines thing for literally the entire history of the game since 3rd, aka probably twice as old as GW new target audience.

The Brutalis looks fine, but a little underwhelming, its basically just the Redemptor minus a gun. It doesn't even really look up-armored compared to say the Ironclad vs the standard boxnought.

Edited by The Unseen

I’m normally a fan of primaris, but the regular desolation squad guns suck hard. I like the sergeant weapon though

the dread is nice, I’ll take two

lieutenant is excellent and probably what should have been released from the start

On the one hand the missile weapons look stapled together. On the other they're so ridicilous it kinda becomes a charm in its own right. Artwork throwback is nice. But also nonsensical (why is there an ammo feed? Dont tell me there's a bolter hidden in there...) theyre very normal primaris marine aside from their ridicilous guns, but thats actually fine given the wealth of templary bits i can wield.

Quite like the dread. He will fit right in with my regular redemptors. The stubber looks like an anti aircraft gun. Do not care for the constant whining at their inclusion.

Another castellan? Expands the castellan Arsenal even? Yes please. The model is quite nice too.

Edited by Marshal Reinhard

Love me some BFGs, though I have to wonder if the pods on the top of the launcher are one shot while the bottom cylinder is the main armament.

The Brutalis' extra armour is a bit more subtle than I had hoped but I'll live.

The Lieutenant is what every character kit should be baseline, now do the Exalted Champion GW, you won't.

This isa mostly fantastic set....Ill probably be getting at least 2.  Brutalis is great, and the Lt is fantastic...the head on the ultramarines painted one is possibly the best head ive ever seen on a space marine.

Desolators are the big miss for me...guns too boxy and big

Edited by beefeb

34 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Gods the primaris designs just absolutely suck for me. They're turning into space marine orks, with every square inch going "we heard ya like guns, so we put guns on your guns, so you can gun while you gun".  At least orks do that in a good way.

SM Used to be my favorite faction but now I'm just happy HH exists... 

THIS. 

It's also why I'm glad I jumped ship and solely collect Chaos now. At least CSM are still 'proper' Astartes.