23 minutes ago, Marshal Reinhard said:

Artwork throwback is nice. But also nonsensical (why is there an ammo feed? Dont tell me there's a bolter hidden in there...)

It's for the rotating mini rocket launcher. Which is utter nonsense 'cause the use of rotating barrels is to cool down them due to a high cicle of firing.

But in the front of the barrels of the rocket launcher you can see every missile is already loaded  AND the launch box plus the ammo belt is not enough to have a sustain rate of fire for prolonged time. They should have make a custom backpack for that.

I know it's only fiction but these are solid projectiles, not laser or plasma and they should have a barely resemblance with reality. And if not, at least the guns should be good looking.

Edited by Alby the Slayer

Dreadnought looks cool, but then I'm biased as I love Dreadnoughts. 

Desolators for me suffer from 3 factors - they don't match the aesthetic of 40K, the grim dark Imperium, at all. Which is a problem I have with much of the line to be honest. 

2nd factor is the Missile Launchers are Rifles rather than shoulder mounted, which doesn't feel right.

3rd factor is they're just too busy. Double barrelled missile launcher with underslung rotary rocket pod (gatling cannon?) and the Sergeant has a missile launcher, lascannon and rotary cannon gun?

I don't mind silly in 40K if I can suspend disbelief, but there are limits!

Things like this illustrate it well...

IMG-20230127-WA0003.jpg.c5aab05f3b15bf73e509460b7969f291.jpg

Edited by Captain Idaho

1 hour ago, Nagashsnee said:

I like the dreadnought, the heavy stubber is the only thing i would lose but i can live with it. The new missile launchers guns just look weird, and for the love of god 'super'krak and 'super'frag? Who is naming this stuff. Would rather just use primaris bodies and missile launchers to make them.

Yeh agreed on the stubber I just can’t get behind SM units not using Bolt weaponry 

Edited by WARMASTER_

Lukewarm release sadly. I like the lt kit and it shows a welcome move back to character kits with more weapon options. 

desolators just look….off. They shouldn’t, but they do. Compare devastators and the missile launchers are no larger than say the lascannons, I think they’re just too busy. Single weapon would have been better accepted, and some different poses such as kneeling. 

dreadnought would look better in red covered in battle damage so I’m sure it’ll grow on me. It’s exactly how I pictured it in my mind so no surprise / disappointment. 

Edited by jimbo1701

I like the dreadnought, the heavy stubber is the only thing i would lose but i can live with it. The new missile launchers guns just look weird, and for the love of god 'super'krak and 'super'frag? Who is naming this stuff. Would rather just use primaris bodies and missile launchers to make them.

Those were the missile versions' names in 2nd edition :)

It's homage to the names used in 2nd edition missile launcher.

At the same time, the Hammerfall Bunker also has the same names for its missiles, I doubt they 'll have the same stats.

1 hour ago, Triszin said:

I'm really hoping the larger missiles are detatchable from the mini missle system

As the mini missiles +laser rifle look great.

Just move the large missle attachments to the backpack

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230127-021814.png

I agree about moving the missiles on the backpack. Something like the Starship Troopers design would have been a lot better.

Hell, even Tor Garadon doesn't hold his Grav-gun, he has it mounted on the backpack...

large.1993143054_ST-Marauderarmour.jpg.7c2da88edb04e9d0b4994d59102fc11d.jpg

Desolators: As most of you guys have said, they're terrible and to me a sign of designers that have no idea of what they're doing with the SM range. If GW wanted multipurpose micro missile launchers they should have copied the original RT versions like the one in my avatar from Space Cruisade. I would only save their backpacks with auspex for DW conversions.

Brutalis: Passable, but spoiled by the stupid mandatory heavy stubbers that do not belong in SM vehicles.

Lieutenant: The only saving grace of this release. A nice multipart HQ with good aesthetics, pose, and options. Good job here GW. 10/10

Edited by lansalt

These new models are all fantastic. 

The Lieutenant is looking like the best character kit since the old plastic "Space Marine Commander" that was a gold mine for different bits.

The Brutallis Dreadnought is really cool. More similar to a Redemptor than I expected but I'm glad, they'll look great alongside each other.

As for the Missile Launcher Primaris - I need 10.

Love the Lt.

Dread is fine, though I would have liked some more Ironclad-style heavy armour?

Desolators I don't get... so I'm assuming the Castellan Launcher is the underslung multi-barrel thing? Then you get a choice between the bigger two missile launcher (squad at top of pic, superkrak?) and smaller four missile launcher (squad at bottom of pic, superfrag?)

Also agree that the belt feed (presumably to the Castellan?) makes no sense at all...

It's way too complicated, would 100% just get a HH upgrade kit with the cool launchers and kitbash with Primaris bodies.

Edited by Lysimachus

Lukewarm on the Brutalis Dreadnought, and given I've three standard Redemptors already I imagine I'll pass on buying one.

I actively dislike the Desolators - the gun/missile launcher/nerf blaster/thingies are a complete mess. If I do ever add a squad to my collection, it'll be using a box of Intercessors and the Horus Heresy heavy weapons sprues.

The Lieutenant though... I'm unexpectedly very excited about him. I already have far far more than I need (the Crusade is nearly at 30 Castellans of various flavours!) but I really want one. The tabard, power fist, bionic arm and plasma pistol are just too cool to pass up.