Loving the Brutalis Dread, my trusty old Furioso has got a big glow-up.

Not sold on the Lieutenant. I am sure he is very nice and a great source of parts but he just looks unexciting. I heard rumours of a Gravis Lt and I guess that is what I was hoping for. As it stands, I prefer the Indomitus Lt with sword and shield.

Not quite decided on the Desolators yet. The guns are comically over-sized, even by 40K's "larger than life" standard. I can't help seeing this when I look at them.

the-mask-guns.gif

Dread - fine though I was kind of hoping for something with a more different silhouette to the remdemptor. Given all the boarding actions stuff what I was really hoping for a 'mission dreadnought' option a la space crusade.

Captain/lieutenant - yep, nailed the multipart option here. Could happily use this model a few times.

Desolators - not convinced. You could use some green stuff to make it look like they were taping all those weapons together like ripley in Alien 2 and I think it might make them more plausible than them actually being designed that way. Shoulder or backpack mounted would have been better.

Well, I'm disappointed in the Dreadnought, I was expecting something a little different than a Redemptor with smashy arms and some new kneeplates, gues the preview image was unrelated. Also, more stubbers, why?!

The Desolation squad is ok, i can take it or leave it.

The multikit Lieutenant is a nice surprise, although they've added a rock again for no reason whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Borbarad said:

Unpopular (or popular?) opinion: the heavy stubber is a low-grade weapon that has no place in a space marine army. Should have stayed with imperial guard instead. 

Agreed - stubbers were supposed to be the billy basic of guns, below Autopistols, Autorifles and Autocannons. Its what you see in the hands of Necromunda gang juves and should not be in a Space Marie army that's supposed be advanced. Cawl clearly has a penchant for vintage weaponry. 

Ah well. At least the Arbites are nice!

Edited by Cyrox

The Brutalis really does look like an update to the Furioso.

I think it adds some weight to the Blood Angel rumours for the 10th edition starter, a few more kits and their themed options will be represented by Primaris, but honestly who knows at this point.

At first glance I certainly prefer the boxy Desolators at the back to the more rounded ones at the front. I'm not sure from the descriptions if we're expecting them to point the same gun at two different units in the same turn and fire one element indirect while the other goes direct, or if they are carrying two weapons and choose which one to fire?

Those guns are one of the dumbest designs I have seen in a long time. Love it.

How do we make the new missile launchers look really cool? We'll glue a lot of different ones together! And then we turn them into rifles! :biggrin:

First rule of the Desolation-club: We don't talk about what happens behind the launcher when a missile accelerates out of a tube. :cool:

5 minutes ago, sairence said:

First rule of the Desolation-club: We don't talk about what happens behind the launcher when a missile accelerates out of a tube. :cool:

Clearly a small charge to help them clear the tube, then a main engine that ignites when no longer in face-melting distance xD

I still hate them though!

Guys, I have high blood pressure, please, no more salt. 

I'm loving this release. The Brutalis is going right in my Wolves army, and as will the Heavy Intercessors, and the rest will probably form the basis of another Ultramarines army. 

1 minute ago, painting.for.my.sanity said:

Clearly a small charge to help them clear the tube, then a main engine that ignites when no longer in face-melting distance xD

I still hate them though!

Yeah the won't ignite the main engine until they've cleared the tube.

I don't see why the reaction has been as negative. 

So, the blood angels brutalis is fighting tau, wonder if Dante will be in the farsight book as a bonus third character?

I really like the brutalis, like many others, my first thought on the desolation squad is that I hate them. I think the rocket rifles might have worked without the derpy belt feed and a more integrated look (kinda like the quake rocket launcher). As it is, like many others I’m thinking the hh style underslung rocket launcher on primaris models will look miles better.

the lieutenant really is chef kiss though. Excited to see how many bits it has in there 

Desolators - First impression is "meh". They're just too much. I might learn to like them once I see them in the flesh though.

Brutalis - "OK", it's a Primaris Ironclad Redemptor with claws. Pretty much what I expected. The Redemptor is probably my least favorite Dread in terms of design, but it's stilla Dread so it gets a pass.

Primaris Lt - Nice with multi-kit but do we really need more Primaris Lt's?

And Heavy Intercessors being in a box like this is nice seeing as most people are probably up to their ears in regular Intercessors by now.

I'll probably get one Strike Force.

I can't believe that there's a release that has not-Devastators and I actively hate them and their comical nerfguns;

that it has all I asked for - a melee Dreadnought which could've been anything like the Custodes Galatus dread or even, Emperor grant me, this:
Artwork, Black Templars, Dreadnought, Landraider Crusader, Space Marines,  Warhammer 40,000 - An Unending Crusade - Gallery - DakkaDakka | Roll the  dice to see if I'm getting drunk.

But we get a less-than-Furioso instead, a dread 95% identical to the existing Redemptor, but without a gun and with simplictic "claws". So very lazy from the design team. Disappointed.

Instead, the most interesting model out of all of those is... the Primaris Lieutenant, an utter conversion dream. Wut.

I wasn't expecting two physically different missile launcher configurations.

I'm assuming the big bulky one is the super-krak, and the more open ones are the indirect fire Launchers?

And both versions come with the Frag missiles as a secondary fire.

2 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Screenshot_20230127-101609.thumb.png.9c1762e370a75e724ed9a3fd72c4dc5f.png

*Gasp* 

"What'd you mean people don't like me?"

This has unfortunately given me the idea to make some sort of Wall-E Chaos engine with the front of one of these launchers as a face 

NUMBER 5 IS ALIVE!!!

23 minutes ago, sairence said:

Those guns are one of the dumbest designs I have seen in a long time. Love it.

How do we make the new missile launchers look really cool? We'll glue a lot of different ones together! And then we turn them into rifles! :biggrin:

Second rule of the Desolation-club: We don't talk about what happens behind the launcher when a missile accelerates out of a tube!

large.268613832_at-4launchgases.JPG.56ec74ad44bf45d9b393b80de069f036.JPG