Wrath of the Soul Forge King boxset

55 minutes ago, Felix Antipodes said:

Since they are effectively staging another Ark of Omen scenario, you’d think they would have thrown some of the new scenario models in the box.  Preferably something with a DA feel to it.

Nah fam, gw knows what its doing, 2 nice new HQs that wont be sold separately for months will shift some boxes. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Ugh, that DA box is pretty crap- Azrael himself and the termies are ok, but no one needs any more Intercessors. 

The only thing I would want here is Azrael. Dont get me wrong - I love me some terminators too but I have probably close to 100 and I also dont need any more intercessors. 

The chaos side isnt really doing it for me either.

2 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Ugh, that DA box is pretty crap- Azrael himself and the termies are ok, but no one needs any more Intercessors. 

I'd argue they're very useful when combined with the HH missile launcher sprue to make some Desolators than don't look like a grox's backside!

4 hours ago, ArielRSA said:

The Rock should just have a welcome mat and a big reception at this point

puktjdLzLFXBnmNT.thumb.jpg.28c40d189bc8187890486f16d27bb523.jpg

RdSrRsdcoozq3Gk8-1060x596.thumb.jpg.f572cc30a703b9f879ddd8cb0d7d73b1.jpg

Article here

Welcome to the Lion's Den hahah

Unfortunately it seems the scalpers are going to get my money for the Azrael model. When you really think about it, GW's probably going to charge a similar amount so why not get it sooner? Probably would go to a marginally better cause than GW's wallets.

Edited by Skywrath

12 minutes ago, Kastor Krieg said:

At least the Cultists are not the old set, but Intercessors? 6e Deathwing, on the verge of new Termie release? Seriously?

It might be pointed out that clearing out old stock ahead of a new release is a sensible commercial decision. Whether the presence of these here adds weight to the rumours of new Terminators in a big 10th edition box... well, that'll be up to you to decide.

Using new special characters as exclusives to help sell older models is a strategy GW have used (presumably quite successfully) for these boxes, given the model is repeated fairly frequently.

Well I wanted Azrael and Vashtorr, but theres too much tax in this box. The entire Chaos side is monopose and I already have all three kits, and for god's sake, Intercessors? It's not even like you can shift those for a worthwhile price if I opted to get the full box and sell the duplicates.

I'm quite gratefull that I'll be able to pass up on the box, especially with the new Seraphon they've announced. With the exception of Azrael, neither side of the boxset has models I would want to add to the collection. I already have plenty of Intercessors and terminators, like any DA-veteran. I'll wait until Azzy comes in his own little box, it shouldn't take too long.

2 hours ago, Kastor Krieg said:

6e Deathwing, on the verge of new Termie release? Seriously?

Or the rumours are wrong and new Terminators aren't coming. It was also said there'd be a new Marine codex before 10th and the booklet in Strike Force Agastus would imply it isn't.

The new Terminators rumored are also generic kits, not DA-specific ones.

I personally quite like those Deathwing scultps, it's a fairly popular kit, so I think adding them is fairly sensible.

Certainly makes that side more Dark Angels than Azrael + (insert selection of generic primaris kits here).

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Not that a chapter master is small potatoes, but compared to the import and gravitas of Vashtorr he just doesn’t seem up to the task.

I wonder if the Lion will wake up as a result of his sons not being able to stop the king of the soul forge from wrecking his house.

4 minutes ago, Khornestar said:

Not that a chapter master is small potatoes, but compared to the import and gravitas of Vashtorr he just doesn’t seem up to the task.

I wonder if the Lion will wake up as a result of his sons not being able to stop the king of the soul forge from wrecking his house.

My current theory is that Vashtorr is deliberately trying to wake up the Lion in order to undermine the Big Four, so he has an easier time of it ascending further. 

41 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

My current theory is that Vashtorr is deliberately trying to wake up the Lion in order to undermine the Big Four, so he has an easier time of it ascending further. 

Does he know the Lion is still around? We know the Emperor knows, and the Watchers, but has it been stated anywhere that anyone else knows?