Sicarian Venator and cerebus heavy tank destroyer.

It’s nice. As expected. 

That’s all the Spartan, Land Raider and Rhino chassis vehicles (other than the Vindicator) in plastic now. So maybe there will be some more plastic infantry soon…

Was hoping for more tbh. But then LVO doesn’t have a great track record for Heresy announcements. Only ever a single model / unit I think. 

12 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

It’s nice. As expected. 

That’s all the Spartan, Land Raider and Rhino chassis vehicles (other than the Vindicator) in plastic now. So maybe there will be some more plastic infantry soon…

Was hoping for more tbh. But then LVO doesn’t have a great track record for Heresy announcements. Only ever a single model / unit I think. 

isnt there still that land raider with the big cannon where the hull guns go the achilles i think

18 minutes ago, Brother_Angelus said:

Well, we knew it was coming, it's nice to have more options and tick another item off the list. I guess the only question left is if the Ceberus and Thyphon are a dual kit or separate boxes.

I'd imagine seperate boxes, quite a bit of the sprues need to be swapped out and I think a combo box would be prohibitively expensive.

6 minutes ago, sarabando said:

isnt there still that land raider with the big cannon where the hull guns go the achilles i think

Not in the Core rules in 2.0 after FW stopped making the kit last year. 

Although a lot of the kits FW quietly discontinued have now come back in plastic, they are all ones with Core rules. So I think we’ll have to see what is coming in terms of rules supplements / campaign books. 

29 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

It’s nice. As expected. 

Still need the Command Rhino.

5 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

Does mean something totally new next Thursday. Cerberus looks decent but surely some infantry at this point up next?

I'd take Proteus speeders or javelin if it has to be vehicles again though.

The hint in this weeks HH Thursday post plus the silhouette shown at New Year almost guarantee it's the chaos assassin next week. Still something new though!

I know it's probably a game balance thing or to re-use the weapon option sprue, but having a dedicated Anti tank variant of the Spartan and dropping the sponson down from a quad lascannon to a single gun looks pretty goofy to me. I may end up getting this anyway if my (intended to be small) Emperors Children force feels like it needs a cool centrepiece tank, but I'd be more excited about it if it at least kept the twinlascannon of the normal Land Raider sprue as is I'd have to not use the lascannons, it makes more sense it has small sponsons if they are defensive weapons.

32 minutes ago, Cleon said:

I know it's probably a game balance thing or to re-use the weapon option sprue, but having a dedicated Anti tank variant of the Spartan and dropping the sponson down from a quad lascannon to a single gun looks pretty goofy to me.

Not a new thing for the plastic kit - the old FW one was like this too - defo a balance thing.

2 hours ago, m_r_parker said:

Well, this was the other Spartan-chassis variant left, I think we all knew this was coming.

Would have been cool to see something that we weren't expecting, much like the Javelins that were shown off a few days ago. Why not switch these two around; Cerberus for regular Thursday updates, Jetbikes for LVO.

We were expecting the jetbikes from the same teaser trailer that we were expecting the Cerberus from, weren’t we?

I'm surprised they showed off the Jetbikes at Heresy Thursday and held the Cerberus back for LVO. The former were definitely a lot more hyped up, whereas the Cerberus is definitely nice but we already knew about the Typhon.

1 hour ago, Lord Marshal said:

I'm surprised they showed off the Jetbikes at Heresy Thursday and held the Cerberus back for LVO. The former were definitely a lot more hyped up, whereas the Cerberus is definitely nice but we already knew about the Typhon.

Might have something to do with how much time they were allotted to cover it. They only spent like 5 minutes or less on the HH kit.

21 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Might have something to do with how much time they were allotted to cover it. They only spent like 5 minutes or less on the HH kit.

I don’t know how much of that was just that they were behind and there wasn’t much to say, though. They ran over like 10 minutes. 

3 minutes ago, fire golem said:

I don’t know how much of that was just that they were behind and there wasn’t much to say, though. They ran over like 10 minutes. 

Apparently there was a ton to say about the AoS skirmish boxes. I thought they'd never stop talking.