How to make the most use of the dorn floor gap

1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Step 1.

Install blue tooth speakers.

step 2.

take CCR into the 42nd millennium by blasting fortunate son.

I think I’m going to use the Theme song from the anime Girls Un panzer. Hahahaha

or use the theme song Tank! from cowboy bepop.

Edited by Hiroitchi

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2023 at 2:43 PM, Doghouse said:

Or put glass in it and wave to them as you run them over.

Thinking about it could actually be a troop deployment system, as you drive over the enemy trench infantry drop out the bottom. 

Im head cannoning it as a Cawl pattern escape hatch. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness
spelling

My Dorn should be arriving today. 

After thinking about it I just ordered one of these making the tank and extra 10 bux more expensive... :dry:

https://dragonforge.com/shop/terrain/rogal-dorn-floor-plate-hole-filler-set-one-1/

I know I could have gone 3D printed for cheaper, but I still like cast vs printed where I can. 

2 hours ago, jarms48 said:

I hate it. Peak laziness. Just combine it with an additional sprue that had some more sponson weapon options than what we got, add some more vehicle upgrades, or more customisation bits. 

That's not laziness, my friend. That's capitalism. What leads not to profit must not be. I always recall the story of one airlines company which took away just one olive out of standard onboard lunch set and saved millions of dollars per year since.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 12:40 PM, duz_ said:

My Dorn should be arriving today. 

After thinking about it I just ordered one of these making the tank and extra 10 bux more expensive... :dry:

https://dragonforge.com/shop/terrain/rogal-dorn-floor-plate-hole-filler-set-one-1/

I know I could have gone 3D printed for cheaper, but I still like cast vs printed where I can. 

Thanks for posting.  I ordered one and a Dorn tank after I saw it.  Seemed it would have been hypocritical of me to say “I’d have paid more for it with the bottom” then not do it.

24 minutes ago, crimsondave said:

Thanks for posting.  I ordered one and a Dorn tank after I saw it.  Seemed it would have been hypocritical of me to say “I’d have paid more for it with the bottom” then not do it.

It shipped quicker than expected for me and looks good. Might build mine tomorrow. 

20230214_180021_copy_563x1000.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone in the UK there is another company offering an upgrade: https://www.taromodelmaker.com/products/dorns-bottom?_pos=1&_sid=abf3dd3d6&_ss=r

This one doesn't have an escape hatch but it can be installed after the build is completed, while I believe the dragon forge one slots in from the inside.