Cool mini right up until I noticed just how thick the sculpt of the fabric on those sleeves is. Jesus Christ, does nobody at Forgeworld know how to sculpt cloth properly anymore? This has been a reoccurring issue in the past 4-5 years or so.

1 minute ago, Cyrox said:

So if i'm reading the article correctly, it can be used by Loyalist and Traitors then?

Just comes with a traitor flavored staff?

The Consul type can be used with either yeah, but not sure whether they are implying there will be a Loyalist model further down the line or not?

9 minutes ago, Dagoth Ur said:

Cool mini right up until I noticed just how thick the sculpt of the fabric on those sleeves is. Jesus Christ, does nobody at Forgeworld know how to sculpt cloth properly anymore? This has been a reoccurring issue in the past 4-5 years or so.

Are they designing around the limitations/flaws of resin? I've had older FW kits with better looking cloth that just had holes in it or was prone to breaking because it was too thin. 

Not to say they shouldn't be able to do better, mind.

15 minutes ago, Orange Knight said:

Very nice model. I think he can be used as a generic Librarian also.

You'd need to clean a bit up if a loyalist, I think those tags on the chest are warrior lodge symbols, and the staff would need a change, but not too much work. I'd expect we might see some more consuls getting resculpted, which is definitely nice if so.

I'm thinking about making a Red Corsairs Sorcerer out of him as well, maybe a Malignant Plaguecaster for Death Guard as well. I quite like this sculpt.

6 minutes ago, Gamiel said:

You forget that much stuff we, and sometimes the IU 40k people, know as traitor and/or Chaos symbols have not been established as such in 30k.

However there's a very Eye of Horus vibe to the top which would be regarded as traitor. Easy to convert, or paint in a way that deemephasises the eye.

I'm also disappointed by the chunky sleeves. As soon as I saw them I thought the model was plastic!