Arks of Omen - Tarot Cards

Every week for the last 3 months GW have been releasing short videos on the Tarot Cards, teasing at the Arks Of Omen narrative.

I'll update this as more release:

Part one - Galaxy

Spoiler

Part Two - The Despoiler

Spoiler

Part 3 - The Hulk

Spoiler

Part 4 - The Silver Key

Spoiler

Part 5 - The Great Hoste

Spoiler

Part 6 - The Hound

Spoiler

Part 7 - The Shattered World

Spoiler

Part 8 - God Emperor (Inversed)

Spoiler

Part 9 - Daemon

Spoiler

Part 10 - Astartes

Spoiler

Part 11 - The Lightning Tower

Spoiler

Part 12 - Daemon (Inversed)

Spoiler

Part 13 - The Horde

Spoiler

Part 14 - The Young Warrior

Spoiler

Part 15: The Fool (Inversed)

Spoiler

Part 16: The Tree of Life

Spoiler

Part 17: The Lost Child

Spoiler

Part 18: The Star

Spoiler

Part 19: The Knight

Spoiler

Part 20: Galaxy (Inversed)

Spoiler

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

20 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

They're definitely hinting at Farsight here. Compared to nearly every other player in the AoO conflict Farsight is incredibly young! :

Given the Tau logo and colouring of the horse, I'm not sure it's hinted as said outright, although I question if farsight is the horse here.

Im not 100% sure its directly or only farsight being referenced to be honest (mind you that Im of those silly people who dont see those things as rumor engines that all indicate miniatures but as narrative things), unless they are going back over farsights backstory for half of the book.

Im toying with 2 theories, wich both would be a bit unheard of in 40k lore but (imho) interesting nonetheless;

-- the Farsight we know will actually die, and another (younger) will take up the dawnblade and the armor.

-- the Human nature of the young warrior is no coincedence.. and they are going full in on the Starchild storyline (though keeping it vague and suggestive), but instead of being found and raised in the imperium, its under Farsight's care... but that would required the emperor to die in one of the books wich is not so likely. This would also follow up on the Dawn of fire books, wich I think might have quite some relevance in all the arks of omen events. ( however I have read none)

As always by the way, Im no youtuber ;) the theories I throw out there are not necessary things I believe 100% myself, but rather food for thought. ( often the reactions are quite argumentive, even if I say thing like there is a small chance its B instead of A etc.)

By the way I have each gathered in an image, over the next week I might write out the narrators word there too.

gathering3223small.thumb.jpg.3873b7db278d6462ab3df5f34889976e.jpg

6 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

Im not 100% sure its directly or only farsight being referenced to be honest (mind you that Im of those silly people who dont see those things as rumor engines that all indicate miniatures but as narrative things), unless they are going back over farsights backstory for half of the book.

Im toying with 2 theories, wich both would be a bit unheard of in 40k lore but (imho) interesting nonetheless;

-- the Farsight we know will actually die, and another (younger) will take up the dawnblade and the armor.

-- the Human nature of the young warrior is no coincedence.. and they are going full in on the Starchild storyline (though keeping it vague and suggestive), but instead of being found and raised in the imperium, its under Farsight's care... but that would required the emperor to die in one of the books wich is not so likely. This would also follow up on the Dawn of fire books, wich I think might have quite some relevance in all the arks of omen events. ( however I have read none)

As always by the way, Im no youtuber ;) the theories I throw out there are not necessary things I believe 100% myself, but rather food for thought. ( often the reactions are quite argumentive, even if I say thing like there is a small chance its B instead of A etc.)

By the way I have each gathered in an image, over the next week I might write out the narrators word there too.

gathering3223small.thumb.jpg.3873b7db278d6462ab3df5f34889976e.jpg

So next 2 should be snikrot?

The only thing the cards are hinting at is farsight Tau are a "young" race. The literal Tau symbols and farsight color scheme is just beating us over the head with farsight.

If I think on old bad rumors.

There was a old rumor stating farsight enclaves would get a upgrade sprue for crisis suits with cqc kits.

I highly doubt the rumor, and consider it F tier.

Edited by Triszin

Farsight isn't young at all, especially by Tau standards. He's very old and possibly only kept alive by his weird alien sword.

There are some young Tau commanders. In the enclaves they keep cloning Brightsword (I think he's called) who goes around using fusion blades in melee like a Boss, resulting in not an especially high life expectancy.

11 minutes ago, Triszin said:

So next 2 should be snikrot?

The only thing the cards are hinting at is farsight Tau are a "young" race. The literal Tau symbols and farsight color scheme is just beating us over the head with farsight.

If I think on old bad rumors.

There was a old rumor stating farsight enclaves would get a upgrade sprue for crisis suits with cqc kits.

I highly doubt the rumor, and consider it F tier.

Im not sure Snikrot is in that book. ( I already wasnt, but Im now less sure)

the Ork boarding patrol rules are apparently in AoO Angron. that would be completely pointless if they have a big role in AoO "farsight" .. ofcourse there are too many xenos factions for one book, but then why move out one of the main featuring ones ?

16 minutes ago, Mandragola said:

Farsight isn't young at all, especially by Tau standards. He's very old and possibly only kept alive by his weird alien sword.

He's absolutely kept alive by the sword:yes:

Those killed by the sword transfer soul energy to farsight, but he doesn't know:laugh:

3 hours ago, TheMawr said:

Good theories. Just one thing, the Dawn of Fire Books take place at the beginning of the Indomitus Crusade, and happen a lot earlier than current events. I doubt they would tie into the Arks of Omen at all. 

I'm excited to see what comes. 

To travel in silence / by a long and circuitous route, / To brave the arrows of misfortune / and fear neither noose nor fire, / To play the greatest of all games / and win, foregoing no expense / is to mock the vicissitudes of Fate / and gain at last the key / that will unlock the Ninth Gate.

I really love the artwork of these tarot cards. They are a great way to hint at upcoming events. There are 78 cards in the Emperor's tarot, are there not? Like TheMawr suggests there will be probly be only two more Tarot reveals, but I still hope that at some point Gw will reveal every card in the Tarot deck (and its meaning). 

Heck, if they ever release an actual Tarot deck I would buy it for this artwork alone. It could even be a nice inspirational tool for constructing a narrative for your own campaigns. Draw a couple of cards from the Tarot deck at let them inspire you to come up with a nice background story.

Still, I don't understand all the reveals here. Isn't every card unique in the deck? Then how can both 'Deamon' and 'Deamon (inverted)' be drawn. And aren't 'The Great Hoste' and 'Horde'essentially the same (I get that the former refers to the World Eaters, and the latter probably to the Orks, but the for both the narration basically tells 'a great number of well-armed foes are coming your way to kill you')?    

7 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

It will be odd if farsight gets his own book just because hes getting a new model:ermm:

Gotta have a random xenos slot so xenos players cant claim they are sidelined?:laugh:

It will be odd if Angron/Vashtorr/The Lion get their own book just because they're getting a new model 

Gotta have a random Chaos/Space marine slot so their players can't claim they are sidelined :wink:

Being a major player in tau and a model/name that's generally instantly recognisable makes sense for a Xenos book. I'm interested to see where they take Farsight and the Tau in this book from the Tarot audiolines it sounds like Farsight gets caught up in some potential Tzeentch trickery :biggrin:

The cards are not subtle in their meaning so Farsight being confirmed also adds much creedibility to Lion's return. 4 cards per book also is set in stone. Wonder what the other two for book 4 are. I imagine that in-universe his involvement is because the sword is part of Vashtorr's Key.

Very excited for Tyranids range refresh in 10th, hopefully I can add them to my Hive Fleet without having to buy the edition boxset and the codex is translated fully in my country unlike during 8th edition.

Edited by Jscarlos18

8 hours ago, Quantum said:

I really love the artwork of these tarot cards. They are a great way to hint at upcoming events. There are 78 cards in the Emperor's tarot, are there not? Like TheMawr suggests there will be probly be only two more Tarot reveals, but I still hope that at some point Gw will reveal every card in the Tarot deck (and its meaning).

It's already been confirmed that there's 5 AoO books. So we should get at least 6 more cards.

There’s a part of me that is fascinated with the idea of a Tau that falls to Chaos, especially if it’s inadvertently - that just seems like it would be an interesting story, and could be an interesting foil to the “join Chaos and be independent of the Imperium” in a “independence from Tau (specifically the Ethereals) and fall to Chaos” concept.

The tree of life should be the last one for the Farsight book. We see the warrior/Farsight under the tree there, which I guess symbolizes some sort of hope or revitalization. We'll find out when it comes out or is previewed, soon enough.